Shifters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shifters

Post by WolfStorm on Sun May 10, 2015 11:37 pm

The bear let out a furious roar as he faced the small fox, who was crouched on the ground with its ears flat against its head, shaking in fear. Around them were high walls, ones too high to climb. Above the walls were rows of people, cheering down at the two in the arena as they prepared to fight on the sandy floor. 

As if being urged on by the cheers, the large grizzly charged forward, eyes narrowing on the small fox. Just as it was about to reach the orange creature, his jaws already open to bite, it darted to the side, causing the bear to slide in the sand as he tried to quickly change direction. 

The fox was standing at the other end of the arena now, crouching again as if it hadn't moved. The bear, who had fallen onto its side, stood and shook sand from its pelt, charging forward again. It got the same response from the fox and continued to get the same response as it ran forward 3 more times. 

As the bear stood a 5th time, not bothering to shake off the sand, the fox stood across the arena, panting as it faced the bear. It was clear that it didn't want to fight. As the crowd booed, the bear watched the fox suspiciously as it made its way forward, this time moving slowly instead of blindly charging. The fox crouched down again and waited. 

As the bear approached, the fox tried to dart to one side, but the bear was prepared. It slammed its paw down onto the fox's tail just before it could get away. Letting out a frightened yelp, the fox turned and bit the bear's paw, causing it to lift its paw and roar in anger. Before the fox could run, however, the bear swung a huge paw at it and sent it flying and crashing into the wall. The sight of the fox hitting the ground and the deep gash that ran along its side sent the crowd into a cheering frenzy. 

The bear growled as it walked up to the fox, who had given up on running away. Instead of running or fighting back, the fox simply crouched on the ground once more, its orange pelt now stained red. It stared up at the grizzly with large pleading eyes, begging for mercy as it whimpered in pain. The bear stood on its hind legs and lifted its paw to deliver the final blow. The crowd was going crazy as it waited for more bloodshed. 

Then the bear seemed to let out a sigh as it lowered its paw. The fox continued to stare at it, wobbling a bit from the blood loss. As the fox stared, the bear began to change. At first, it simply shrank down in size, but then it started to lose fur and become more humanoid. Before too long, there was a man that looked about 25 standing over the fox with a defeated look on his face. The crowd quickly changed its tone to booing and even threats, some throwing things at the man. 

The man simply turned and looked up at a large closed off section of the stands, which simply looked like a box with a large window looking down at the arena. This was where the one in charge sat. From the arena, he couldn't be seen, but he was always there. The man spoke with a loud, somewhat shaky voice. "I won't kill a child!"

The arena was suddenly silent, as if they were waiting for the worse to happen. They didn't hear the signal though. If they had been in the box, they would have heard a calm but stern voice say, "Dispose of him. The young one lives. For now."

Shortly after saying this, a large door opened into the arena and four guards ran in. Two of them went to the man and lead him away. That was the last anyone would ever see of him. While this was happening, the fox had changed into a young girl, looking about 11. She was curled up in a ball, silently crying as blood ran from deep scratches down her entire right side. The two other guards lifted her and took her out of the arena too. 

As soon as the two had left the sandy pit, all the people in the crowd seemed to calm down and leave, as if nothing had happened. Everything they had seen was just a normal part of their lives. 

Up in the box, the man still sat at the window in a large chair, staring down through blood red eyes at the blood stains that had been left behind. Beside him sat his loyal guard, his second in command. The one who loyally served him and carried out his orders, no matter how gruesome they would get. Away from the window, a few people were having quiet conversations, some by a table that was supplied with food and others simply sitting in what looked like lounge chairs. They were mostly talking about past fights or fights they were looking forward to. 

Near the door, a girl was leaned against the wall, giggling as a man spoke to her. The man was tall, about 6 foot, with shimmering black hair and deep grey eyes. He had one arm against the wall above her head, twirling some of her hair between his thumb and index finger as she spoke. 

"But you only deal with humans. I have to bring in the feral shifters. That's much harder than any domestic shifter could be, so that makes me the better hunter."

The man laughed, seeming amused at what she said. "While you may need more fighting skills for your job, my job requires more wit and intelligence. A domestic doesn't just do whatever they are told. Humans can be stubborn, you know."

The girl raised her eyebrows at this. "Oh yeah? I bet I could get you to come with me, whether you were feral or domestic."

"Oh but I would let you catch me any day, my little lynx." The girl giggled again at the flirtatious man, but the conversation was cut short when a voice rose above the others. 

"Vulco!" The one word had an immediate effect on the room. Everyone fell silent and seemed to become nervous at the sound of the commanding voice. The black haired man's head snapped up at the sound of his name and he looked in the direction of the man in the chair. Dropping the girl's hair, he quickly made his way to the red-eyed man without a second glance toward her. His demeanor had quickly changed from easy-going to serious, though he still held a glint of mischief in his eyes, as he always did. 

He walked to the side of the chair, looking at the powerful man with blood red eyes and pure white hair. "You called, Lord Torin?"

Torin stared down at the arena a moment longer before standing to face Vulco. While Vulco was tall, Torin still seemed to tower over him, even though he was only a few inches taller. Vulco was pretty muscular. Torin was lean, yet still seemed like he could easily lift any weight, no matter how heavy. Torin emitted power and it seemed as though no matter who he was near, he would always seem more powerful. 

His voice was full of authority as he spoke. "Gather the hunters and bring me more shifters."

Vulco looked up at Torin, surprised at the request. "But... Sir, I've hardly been back a day from my last hunt. Not all of my hunters have returned! I haven't even heard back from-"

He was suddenly cut off by a low growl that came from the second in command at Torin's side. Vulco lowered his gaze and took a deep breath before continuing to speak, this time in a lower voice. "I will have the hunters ready to go by morning."

Torin seemed satisfied with this answer, though his face and tone hardly showed it as he said, "Dismissed." And sat back down in his throne.

Vulco turned and walked toward the door, passing the girl and simply muttering, "gather the others." Before pushing open the door and leaving. Once he was outside, he sighed and jumped into the air. He spread his arms as dark feathers began to grow over his shrinking body. In a few seconds, all there was was a crow flying over the buildings of the community. He looked down as he flew over, seeing all of the people, all of the shifters that were below him. 

^*^

There is a small town, about 400 hundred people give or take, that is surrounded by high mountains on one side and a seemingly endless ocean on the other. In this town there lives shifters, or at least that's what they call themselves. Shifters are humans that have the ability to change form into one other animal. This town, which has no real name, has been ruled for about 10 years by a man named Torin. He prefers to be called Lord Torin, though. 

Under his rule, things have taken a turn for the worse. This community has gone from being a safe place for shifters to live freely, to a prison that shifters can't escape from. One of the worst parts of this town is the fact that they often have to fight in an arena for the entertainment of others. Some of the citizens actually enjoy watching it. Most simply dread the announcement of the fighters. Anyone can be chosen, no matter the age, gender, or animal they are. The fights are also usually to the death, unless Torin decides otherwise. He isn't known for his mercy, though. 

Another happening in the town, though this one is kept strictly under wraps, is the experiments. Torin decided long ago that shifters needed to be stronger, though they are already stronger and faster than any human and smarter than any animal. Torin is already convinced that shifters are superior to any species in existence and he wants it to be obvious to all. There are many different things he is trying to accomplish and most of the drugs being developed are tested on the losers of the battles. This is the main reason, aside from entertainment, that he has them. No one else knows, of course. 

So why don't the shifters just leave? The borders of their land are heavily guarded by many different types of animals, flying ones for air surveillance and many strong and dangerous ones for catching those that try to run. Or humans that get a little too close. They run an efficient border patrol that almost nothing can get past. 

Why haven't the people rebelled against him yet? He is a cruel and, for the most part, hated leader, so he would obviously want to employ the best and most dangerous fighters as his guards. Another reason he has the fights is to see who he should have at his side. His second in command is his most loyal (and dangerous) guard. No one would dare to argue with him and everyone knows that he has spies throughout the town. Most rebellions are dealt with before they can even start.

So this is the life that these shifters are trapped in. On a day to day scale, their lives aren't too bad. They have enough food and shelter and plenty of things to keep them busy. However, a town where you are afraid to speak or do anything out of line, isn't always the best place to live.

^*^

Here are a few terms that should be known for this roleplay:

Feral: An animal shifter that hasn't discovered their ability to shift into a human.

Domestic: A human shifter that hasn't discovered their ability to shift into an animal.

Outsider: A shifter that is aware of their abilities, but is not part of the community.

Hunter: Shifters that go outside of the community to bring in new shifters. They often specialize in ferals or domestics. Outsiders are more unpredictable, so it is hard to specifically hunt them. Hunters are very trusted because they are the only ones that can leave the community.

Guards: They guard the border and are used for crowd control and intimidation in the town. Also very trusted.

Elite: The best of the guards and the most trusted shifters that Torin has. They are the best fighters and are commanded and chosen by Torin's second in command (though they have to be approved by Torin himself).

Rules
1. Violence is expected and encouraged. There aren't really limits to that one, though don't kill characters without permission and all the usual stuff.

2. Cussing is allowed, just only what is absolutely necessary. Don't overdo it. 

3. Each character can only shift into one animal. No mythical creatures. Recently extinct animals are fine (no dinosaurs or anything). If you have questions about that, go ahead and dmail me, I am open to ideas.

4. Go ahead and have as many characters as you would like, even minor ones that are just there to be shop keeps or anything. 

5. Since you've made it this far, I'm guessing you are somewhat interested in this, so go ahead and put the word 'Avengers' before your character form, so I know you have read the rules.

6. Lastly, there are a few positions that need to be filled 
Head scientist: In charge of all the experiments and reports directly to Torin.
Head guard: In charge of border patrols and town security, reports to second in command.
Head doctor: A doctor, pretty standard.

If you would like any of those positions dmail me for permission. (you can also just be a regular scientist, guard, or doctor without permission from me, but we need someone in charge of them). More information can be provided for each one upon request. 

There is also more that scientists should know, but I don't want to give too much away. So if you want to be one, dmail me for more information on that.

Form

Name:
Human form (picture or description):
Animal form (picture or description):
Current status:
Personality (optional):
History:
Other:
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shifters

Post by HowlingWolf on Sun May 10, 2015 11:40 pm

Name: Alex
Human form: Tall (5'8") with pale skin and long silver hair. Black eyes so dark that her pupil looks lighter and usually wears black clothing. Her teeth are pointed like fangs and she has large, 14 foot black wings sprouting from her back that she keeps hidden by folding them around her stomach and lower back.
Animal form: Large pitch black eagle
Current status: Outsider
Personality: Rather testy and doesn't like things not to go her way. She has a bad habit of trying to bite people when they pick fights with her. Doesn't trust easily but once she does she will lay down her life for that person.
History: Neverrrr
Other: Travels with a boy named Horus that she considers her younger brother. Carries a knife with her to use if necessary. Curiously likes the Avengers.

Name: Horus
Human form: Pitch black shaggy hair with incredibly light blue eyes the color of ice. He also has black wings on his back like Alex but he doesn't need to worry about hiding them because he can make them disappear. He cannot use them like Alex can though. He has fang like Alex as well.
Animal form: Black peregrine falcon
Personality: Wary around everyone except Alex but very sweet. He's learning to get in the habit of trying to bite people.
History: Alex found him when he was posing as a Feral but since he couldn't control his shifting entirely, she caught him flickering between forms one night while he was sleeping. Since then he has traveled with her and considers her his sister.
Other: Travels with his 'sister' Alex

Name: Kite
Human form: 6'2" with tanned skin and spiky light brown hair streaked with black. Golden brown eyes.
Animal form: Brown and black bloodhound
Current status: Second in Command
Personality: Still trying to figure that out
History: No idea
Other: Despite being second in command he hunts a lot because of his unique ability to smell a shifter's human or animal side from a greater distance with his bloodhound senses.

Name: Rowen
Human form: Average height with her hair cut in a short, choppy boy cut. Dark hazel eyes with light blond hair. Top half is male but bottom half is female.
Animal form: Cheetah
Current status: Domestic
Personality: Dunno (little shit)
History: Don't know
Other: Lives on her own on the streets.

Name: Rain
Human form: A little shorter than average height (5'2") with spiky shoulder-length hair. Her hair is feathery layers of blood red, sun yellow, and electric blue. Her eyes are very bright purple. Likes to dress in pretty things.
Animal form: Red parrot
Current status: Feral
Personality: Unknown
History: Unknown
Other: Wanders around doing whatever a parrot does

Name: Eric
Human form: Scruffy looking with white and black streaked hair that is cut short on the sides but is longer on the so it falls over his left eye. His eyes are a light brown, almost tan color. He almost always has a grin on his face and has a hint of a black goatee. While very tall he is very lanky and not one for strength. Wears two silver bracelets, one on each of his wrists.
Animal form: Lemur
Current status: Domestic hunter
Personality: Charming, loves a good laugh, kindhearted but also kind of selfish.
History: unknown
Other: Likes shiny things. No one really knows if he agrees with Lord Torin's ideals or not.

Name: Sam
Human form: Very short (under five feet) with dark grey hair and equally grey eyes.
Animal form: A big, giant rhinoceros
Current status: Elite
Personality: Picture a very, very serious face. Now imagine blinking text on that picture in big, bold letters reading "I am not amused." You have her personality.
History: I'm so bad with these
Other: Very good fighter. Others underestimate her (I mean, she's like a midget, it's to be expected)

Name: Midnight
Human form (picture or description): Golden eyes, pretty tall and skinny, his hair is black and brown, almost looking like the scales of a cobra. Has scales on his back because he is unable to get rid of them when in human form
Animal form (picture or description): King Cobra
Current status: Scientist
Personality (optional): He is loyal to Torin, mostly because he is allowed to do experiments. He is serious about what he does and does not care much for the ones he is experimenting on. All he really cares about are the results of the tests. And his brother. He would do anything for his brother.
History: N/A
Other: Leon's twin

Name: Melek
Human form (picture or description): Very small in every way with long white hair streaked with brown.
Animal form (picture or description): White and brown mouse
Personality (optional): Quiet, nervous, shaky, unsure
History: Unknown
Other: Really bad form because I have to go Razz

Last edited by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
HowlingWolf
Admin

View user profile http://letuscontinue.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Sun May 10, 2015 11:51 pm

Name: Torin

Animal form (picture or description): White Tiger

Current status: Leader
Personality (optional): He always seems like he is in control of whatever situation he is put in. The world could be ending, and he would look like he was the one doing it. Very calm. Powerful and intimidating.
History: He was brought into the community when he was about 10 years old. He did various jobs and no one suspected what he would turn into. When he was 16, he started training with some of the gaurds (they did have them back then, they just weren't as... intense). This was where he got his fighting skills from. From that point on, he wanted more power. Others saw his potential, though not his evil potential, and encouraged him to keep training. Eventually, he got close to the leader and, when he was 19, he murdered the leader and took power.
Other: He hates humans because he thinks they are an inferior species and doesn't care too much for common animals, though anything is better than a filthy human.

Name: Vulco
Human form (picture or description): About 6 foot, has black hair that is a few inches long, somewhat muscular, but not a body builder or anything. Grey eyes.
Animal form (picture or description): Crow. He is a crow.
Current status: Head of the hunters
Personality (optional): Flirts. A lot. Mischevious. Can be serious when he needs to be, but only then. Jokes around a lot.
History: He came into the community when he was 18, a while after Torin was in command. At that time, things weren't as organized. Vulco had travelled a lot and when he met a few shifters who were looking for family, Vulco easily found them and brought them back. Torin was impressed with his skills and wanted to find a way to use them to his advantage. Shortly after his arrival, Vulco was recruited as a hunter. Once he had brought in more shifters on his own, he trained some others to recognize and track shifters.  
Other: His loyalties are unclear and he doesn't discuss them. He just kind of goes with it.

Name: Farzin
Human form (picture or description): Thinning brown hair, rat-like face, glasses, scrawny.
Animal form (picture or description): A brown rat
Current status: Spy for Torin
Personality (optional): Cowardly, weak
History: He had served the previous leader as an expert on shifters and when the leader was killed, he quickly changed loyalties to Torin in an attempt to not be killed. Because he is a rat, he makes for a good spy to help prevent rebellions.
Other: Very cowardly. I can't stress that enough.

Name: Arturo
Human form (picture or description): Shaggy brown hair and dark brown eyes. He is a very large man.
Animal form (picture or description): Grizzly bear
Current status: Citizen, though everyone assumes he is dead.
Personality (optional): N/A
History: Recently lost in the arena because he refused to kill a child.
Other: He is now being used as a test subject for the experiments that Torin is having his scientists do.

Name: Ailsa

Animal form (picture or description): Deer
Current status: Nurse
Personality (optional): Caring, doesn't like violence.
History: Was born in the community and grew up wanting to help others, so she became a nurse. Her job got a lot darker once the fighting started, though.
Other: N/A.

Name: Shadi

Animal form (picture or description): Fox
Current status: Citizen
History: Was recently badly injured in a fight with a bear, which she won by default.
Other: N/A

Name: Makenna
Human form:

Animal form (picture or description): Raccoon
Current status: Feral
History: Just a regular raccoon, as far as she knows. Kind of wanders around and does whatever.
Other: N/A

Name: Storm
Human form: Short gray hair, green eyes, average height.
Animal form: Gray wolf
Personality (optional): Doesn't really trust others, but is very loyal once she has made a friend that she thinks she can trust. She is kind of naive and sometimes doesn't choose the right people to trust.
History: She lived in a cabin with her parents in the woods since she was born. She learned of her abilities at a young age and her parents warned her not to let anyone know. When she was about 12, her mother and father went out on a hunting trip and didn't return. She waited for a month before she ran out of food and left. Because she lived in the middle of a forest, she had learned how to fend for herself, especially with the aide of her abilities. She searched for her parents for 3 years before she finally gave up, not knowing what happened to them, and changed her name, not wanting to be reminded of what she had lost.
Other: She kind of just wanders around, usually in her wolf form, unless she senses other humans around. She doesn't go near cities and is uncomfortable around other people.

Name: Tes
Human form: Short, kind of heavy, black hair that looks like it is starting to turn gray. Brown, almost black eyes.
Animal form: Tasmanian Devil
Current status: Bar tender (in the community)
Personality (optional): A very grumpy person. She is a good friend, though, once (and IF) you get past the angry, grouchy, exterior.
History: She came into the town when Vulco approached her and then brought her there. She decided to open a bar, called the Devil's Den, but it doesn't get too much business. Vulco is a regular and he's one of the only regulars she has. Usually it is pretty empty.
Other: She doesn't get involved in politics and doesn't like it being discussed in her bar.

Name: Leon
Human form (picture or description): Golden eyes, pretty tall and skinny, his hair is black and brown, almost looking like the scales of a cobra. Has scales on his back because he is unable to get rid of them when in human form
Animal form (picture or description): King Cobra
Personality (optional): He is loyal to Torin, mostly because he is allowed to do experiments. He is serious about what he does and does not care much for the ones he is experimenting on. All he really cares about are the results of the tests. And his brother. He would do anything for his brother.
Other: Midnight's twin

Name: Danny
Human form: Short, orange hair. Golden brown eyes, Tall and skinny.
Animal form : Giant Golden Crowned Flying Fox
Current status: Lab assistant (mostly deals with technology, though)
Personality: Mostly blunt, but sometimes he rambles about his work. Caring, but doesn't get too attached to people because he knows any of them could be the next experiment.
Other: He mostly builds different machines for the twins, so he just hangs out in a smaller room in the lab. Tries to stay out of their way and rarely leaves that room.
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 12:07 am

The room in which Torin used to watch the battle had quickly emptied once the battle had ended. In just a few minutes, there was only Torin and his second in command, Kite, left standing in the room. His loyal companion was usually at his side, unless he was out hunting. The two stood in silence, Torin staring down at the blood-stained arena as he thought.

After a few moments, he turned and glanced at Kite before continuing to pace about the room. "The shifters here are weak. You know that, Kite. We need to bring in others. Ones that can be more easily trained to reach their full potential. Or to be used by our scientists in their experiments. Either way, we must save them from life as humans or common animals. That's why I want you to go out and bring me more. I don't want any ferals or domestics from you, though. I expect you to bring me outsiders."

Torin paused and turned to face Kite, standing a few feet from him and looking at him through calm, red eyes. "Don't fail me Kite. You are a loyal comrade and I would hate to see you fail." Torin turned to leave the room, pausing again once he reached the door. This time he spoke without even bothering to turn around. "Oh and, try not to hurt them too much when you bring them in. We want them to feel welcome. At least, at first we do."

^*^

"Alright... Abby, Jack, and Lucy. I want you three to go to Seattle. Check out the zoo and aquarium, just in case. But remember to keep an eye on everyone. You never know.

"Uh... Bernie. Why don't you take your group to Yellowstone. I know it's a little further than we normally go, but might as well try it.

"Jason?...Is he even back yet?... Alright, I guess Amanda, gather whoever you can and just head East through the forests. You know the drill. And if anyone sees any hunters that haven't reported back yet, let them know the situation. Lord Torin is obviously growing impatient, so I wouldn't suggest anyone come back without some good news. Preferably in the form of another shifter."

Vulco was leaning against a desk at the front of what looked like a meeting room, talking to a small group of hunters. The only hunters that had come back since he last sent them all out. Normally, he preferred to wait until everyone was back, so he could determine where they should all go next or see if they found any leads that they should check out. Of course, no one went against what Torin said. No, Vulco preferred to keep his head on his shoulders.

So, instead of waiting, he was forced to send out the few hunters that had returned. Once he had finished talking to the small group, they all nodded and left, Vulco being the last to leave. After leaving the room, he quickly caught up with a certain black and white haired friend of his. He threw his arm over the shoulders of this man as they walked. "Hey Eric! You know, I was thinking it has been a while since we had a nice bet between us. What d'ya say to a race to see who can bring someone back first? Loser buys at the Devil's Den? And by loser, I mean you of course." He patted Eric on the chest as he said the last part, laughing in a friendly way.

^*^

Ailsa sighed as she stood in the room, looking down at the girl who had been brought in about 20 minutes before. She was stitched up now and had a bandage around her. Shaking her head, Ailsa walked away from the table that held the sleeping child. She wondered why things had come to this. Ever since Torin had taken control, she had been seeing way too many children in her office. Too many children that had wounds from claws and teeth instead of accidentally climbing too high and then falling from a tree. Overall, she didn't like having to treat children, but she would rather she treat them for making a stupid decision than for being forced to fight.

Ailsa had seen too many patients over the years that had these kinds of wounds. What upset her the most was that she knew that for every patient she treated, there was another shifter out there that didn't make it through the battle. Even in this case, where the kid hadn't put up a fight, but the other simply refused to kill an innocent child. She had known Arturo well. He was a nice man, as large as a bear and pretty intimidating if someone was just looking at him, but once they knew him, they would find out that he is the nicest man alive. Was the nicest man alive. She shook her head again and stared out the window at the small town they lived in.

^*^

The only thing that Arturo was aware of at first was the fact that he was in a cold place and there were others there. He could hear voices, but to him, everything was dark. Of course it was dark, his eyes were closed. When he tried to open them, everything was blurry and his eyes simply drooped shut again as if they were too tired to stay open. He didn't feel tired. Just confused.

The last thing he remembered was refusing to fight and being lead out of the arena. Once him and his guards had left the arena, everything went blank and he woke up in some strange place. He tried to focus on the voices, but they sounded distant. He wasn't sure if they really were or if just couldn't focus on them.

After a few moment of desperately trying to recognize words, he was finally able to catch a few words that his brain could finally comprehend. He even managed to keep his eyes open for 2 seconds. Everything was still amazingly blurry, though. The words he heard were bear, control, and brother.

Arturo opened his eyes for a third time, trying hard to focus them. He could make out two shapes on the other side of the bars he was outside of. Or was he the one behind them? The shapes looked exactly the same and he wasn't sure if he was seeing doubles or not. They were in a relatively large room that had other things in it, but he couldn't tell what.

Trying hard, he pushed at the ground, wanting to lift himself up. At the same time, he attempted to ask "Where am I?" But all that came out was a strange mumbling sound. The voices in front of him stopped and he then heard two words very clearly. "Sedate him." He felt a sharp pain in his neck followed by nothingness.

^*^

Leon stood, looking down at the shifter that had been brought in to them only seconds ago. A new patient was always exciting. There were so many opportunities. As he looked into the cage, he glanced around at the other cages that lined the wall. Many of them were empty and the ones that weren't, aside from the one he was focused on, held old experiments that were just depressing to look at. The failed ones.

After a few moments of examining the new subject, he turned toward his twin, Midnight. "What shall we do with this one? He seems very promising. Strong. Healthy. Everything we could want in a patient. Unlike the damaged ones that Lord Torin normally sends us."

Leon looked back at the bear shifter. "We could try forcing him to shift between forms. That is something our leader has wanted for quite some time. Or perhaps influencing his thoughts with a type of brainwashing. We have yet to try that. He is a bear, after all. Very hard to control. What do you think, brother?"

Leon seemed to be rambling to himself as he considered the different options they had. He walked over to Midnight as a few of their assistants wandered through the lab. Lately, they had had less to do. It seemed that most of the recent battles were ending in death.

As he waited for a response, he heard a noise coming from their new prisoner. Glancing over in the direction of the source, he nodded to one of the assistants. "Sedate him." The assistant was quick to follow orders, not wanting to be the twins' next victim, and stuck a needle in the shifters neck, causing him to drop to the ground again.
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 12:09 am

Kite watched his leader with steadily trained eyes, only moving to watch him pace the room. His keen bloodhound nose that affected him even in his human form was on overload from the stench of blood that permeated the room, but despite the discomfort that he felt at such a strong scent, he refused to leave Torin's side. Kite would never abandon he who had befriended him when he was but a child. Call it a dog's loyalty to his master, but he would always follow him.

If possible, Kite perked up even more as Torin turned towards him. At his orders, the hound instantly went on one knee and bent his head, such was his custom at responding to direct instructions. "I would never fail you, Torin." He lifted his head and looked directly into the blood red eyes before Torin turned to leave the room. "If there is one thing you can count on, it is me."

He stayed like that for a few moments after his leader left the room before he stood up to his full height. He would not fail, he would make sure of that.

Striding quickly out of the room, he breathed in the fresh air to clear his senses before shifting into his bloodhound form. In this form, his sense of smell was even stronger, enabling him to track outsiders from an even farther distance.

And already he could smell three.

~~*~~

Eric didn't expect to be sent out on a mission again so early. He had only just gotten back from his recent (failed) search in the northern plains for shifters. If he had Kite's nose, he would have been able to find more, but it seemed like all the shifters knew he was coming and decided to hide.

But who was he to say no to Sam? Eric shivered just at the thought of her. She was almost a foot shorter than him and yet she terrified him almost as much as second-in-command Kite and Lord Torin. "It's her creepy grey eyes" He grumbled out loud to himself.

In the next moment, an arm was being thrown around his shoulders and a familiar face began keeping stride with him. As soon as Vulco made the offer, Eric's mouth stretched into a mischievous grin. "Oh, you are on. But let's be honest here; I'm obviously going to win. I mean, who else has to compete against a complete crowerd?"

Eric gave Vulco a good-natured shove away from him before bolting in a random direction. "I'll be waiting for ya at the finish line, buddy! Better bring your wallet, cause I'm gonna be waiting for you a while!"

OOC - Do you want them both to find someone, or one? And should it be our own characters or no? Cause if you want, there's always Rowen or Rain.-Bic

~~*~~

Midnight was crouching down next to one of the cages, nearby Leon and the shifter that had just been brought in, cocking his head from side to side as he squinted his eyes at the thing inside the metal bars. After a second or two, he reached his hand out and poked the creatures foot a couple times before sighing and standing up.

"What a pity. Looks like that one's dead. Rabbit shifter fused with wolf DNA proved to be unsuccessful. And we don't need another rabbit dissection report, so I guess well just have to get rid of it." He grimaced. "I hate failed experiments. Especially the weak ones. They almost never survive."

He cracked his neck before joining his brother, examining the new specimen as well. "You're right. I don't think we've ever had one this strong before. Looks like we'll have some fun with this one." Midnight scowled as the patient began trying to speak, glaring at him with his gold eyes, but the scowl vanished when his twin quickly resolved the problem.

"Let's see" He poked the bear shifter's arm, the muscle jumping under his fingertip. "Good muscle reaction time. He'll last a while, I think. Shifting forms takes priority at this time though. If we could develop a method with this strong of a shifter, then it will be much easier with the lesser ones. If he survives we can try the brainwashing. Or we could test the brainwashing first on one of the others, just to see how it goes."

Midnight's gaze drifted to the other cages, moving past where the assistants were already working to clear out the dead shifter without him having to give orders (they knew by now that if they didnt one of them would end up there), and landed on a half-dead moose shifter. At full power strong but had lost a fight badly and had been with them ever since. It had been a week but his defiance against the Lord was still strong despite his feeble attempts at fighting back and the experiments done to him. Not much, but strongest in their arsenal until the bear. "I say we try him for the brainwashing first."
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 12:31 am

Vulco laughed as Eric pushed him away and then ran off, wandering where exactly his friend was going. He shook his head as he repeated, "Crowerd?" to himself and headed for the exit, planning on where he would go next.

Once he was outside the building, which looked somewhat like an office building, he shifted into his crow form, flapping his wings a few times to lift himself higher. When he was above the buildings, he started to fly in the direction of a large city that he hadn't searched for a while.

It only took him about an hour to fly there. The land they called home was pretty big and he had to go over the border before reaching a city, which was still pretty far away. An hour was actually a pretty fast flight considering the distance. Maybe it was the bet.

Once the trees had become freeway and then buildings, he flew lower to look at all the humans. He scanned the crowd, ignoring the obvious humans. Normally a shifter could tell another shifter from humans, but it was harder when they were domestic. They didn't act any different because they didn't know any different.

He flew for a while over the crowd of people, but couldn't find anyone he thought may be a shifter. He made it about half way through the city without any luck when he decided to land in a nearby alley. Vulco had landed on a dumpster and he stretched his wings, enjoying the short break.

As he did this, though, he saw someone walk by. Someone that actually caught his attention. A blond haired boy... No, girl. He really couldn't tell for sure, but he thought girl. "Hey, you! Walking by!" He yelled at the girl, hoping she would look. It was the easiest way to tell if someone was a shifter or not.

Shifters could understand other shifters, no matter what form they are in. Even if they don't know what they are yet. After yelling, Vulco simply stared blankly at the girl, looking just like a regular crow on a dumpster.

^*^

Storm was in her wolf form, travelling through the forest. this forest seemed to go on forever and she had just started going up the side of the mountain. She could smell the ocean on the breeze, but it was faint. The ocean was still pretty far away.

OOC- Just in case Kite wants to go after her. You can find Makenna wherever.

^*^

Leon listened to what his brother was saying, nodding in agreement. "Well, if we want to start that experiment, then we will need this one out of his cage to begin." He pointed to the bear shifter and then stepped back as two assistants came forward and dragged him out, placing him on the table.

Leon walked over to a rolling cart and rolled it toward the table. It was full of a variety of drugs and needles, most of which the twins had made themselves. Once he had that in place, he put heavy straps over the shifter, though it was doubtful he would wake up and be able to fight his way out. The sedative was also something they had made and they didn't design it to wear off easily and without any side effects.

"What do you think we should try first? Perhaps... This one?" He grabbed a container of a blue liquid, something they had only tried once before. The result had been a strange one, causing the shifter to only half shift. "With... This one?" Grabbing another, he held up a clear liquid, one that had caused a different shifter to be unable to change back from their animal form.

"As strong as this one is, I'm sure he can handle quite a few trials before we become successful. We can also have one of the assistants begin with the moose. I don't want to bother with that just yet if we are going to try and control this one."
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 6:34 am

OOC - I'm just gonna pretend like lemurs can use their tails for climbing even though I don't knowAnd just so you know, I'm still dying at the croward comment.-Bic

Normally, Eric tried to go for the Domestics. It always provided him with a more fun hunt, despite the fact it usually ended up him almost blackmailing the 'human' to come with him so that they could find out their true form. And then they would stay at the encampment or whatever Lord Torin decided to call it nowadays. He never really paid attention to what he said, but he did provide him with a source of entertainment so he stuck around.

However, for this bet, he figured that hunting down a Feral would be better. Nothing like a night at Devil's Den with Vulco to really make him relax. Otherwise, he would probably run around terrorizing shifter kids or some shit by sneaking up on them and shaking his tail on their necks before running off. Got em' every time.

So, as a result, he found himself at one of the gates of the city trying to convince the guard to let him through.

"Come on, man, you gotta let me out. You know I'm not gonna run off." Eric said, his voice more sarcastic whining than anything else.

The guard smirked. "Ain't no way in hell I'm lettin' you out, Eric. Lawd knows what'll happen if I do. You'd probably end up findin' a way to topple the wall."

Eric didn't say anything for a moment and instead just stared at the guy, who stared right back with a smirk, as though he knew he was going to win.

"And if I told you that I was sent by Sam?" The shifter asked, raising one eyebrow.

Instantly the guard's face went slack before changing to panic. "Well, Jezuz, man, you shoulda' told me earlier! I dun' wanna die tonight, 'specially not at Sam's hand!" He hastily made a gesture above his head and lifted up on a lever. Someone at the top of the wall did the same, and the gate slowly swung open, revealing another guard standing on the outside, except to the side. Probably one of the Elite, because they would have been trusted enough not to run off.

Eric grinned. "Thanks, Ryan!" He practically skipped out of the gates before reaching the forest line and instantly changing into his animal form, a ring-tailed lemur. His long tail stretched out, wrapping around a tree branch and propelling him into the air. In his animal form it would be less likely that ferals ran away from him. The whole encounter with the guard and just reaching the gate had taken probably a little under an hour, so he needed to hurry if he was going to beat Vulco.

Within about ten or fifteen minutes of his swinging around, a sound on the forest floor caught his attention. A lone raccoon was making its way along the ground. "Hellooooo!" He drawled in human words. Hopefully the raccoon would be more curious than spooked and try to figure out where the noise was coming from first before deciding which way to run. If it did, boom, shifter.

~~*~~

Rowen couldn't decide which area to visit first. There were usually better pickings along the east side of the city, but just a couple days before someone had found her rooting through their trash and began to throw things at her to chase her off. She still had the bruise on her shoulder from the chicken bone and slice scar on her cheek from the opened can to prove it. She had to lay low from that area for a while - people would be looking out for her.

She ran a hand through her scruffy short hair. It was thick with dust and dirt, as well as the rest of her. It wasn't like she had the luxury of baths, so she had to make do with the fountains at night when no one would see her. Her clothes she just had to live with, although she was sometimes able to swipe a new article to wear and discard the old.

She was just walking by an alley when she heard someone call her out. Instantly she whirled around, trying to find the source, but when she couldn't find anything, she exhaled sharply. Was she starting to hallucinate from lack of food? Rowen started turning back around when a speck of black caught her eye, standing on the top of a dumpster. Funny, she hadn't known there was a dumpster there before, and she knew the location of all of them. Maybe the city had just put it in.

Which meant there would probably be fresher scraps.

Putting thoughts of the voice aside, she strode over, glaring at the crow that was sitting on top of the lid. "Shoo." She snapped, waving her hand at the bird. "This is mine. And I'm not sharing."

~~*~~

The bloodhound didn't know where exactly he was going, but he did know that he was following the scent. At first, the three scents had all been in the same direction but as he followed them, they split off, one separating from the other two. He decided to go for that one, guessing that the other two were together because scents didn't normally stay together for that long. It was odd. Outsiders didn't normally hang around with others.

He cast the thought aside for now. He had to focus on his prey. For Torin. He would not fail him.

The guard at the gate didn't raise a flicker of suspicion as Kite approached, even in his bloodhound form, and instantly turned to open the gate. As Kite passed, she nodded in his direction, no words needing to be exchanged.

The scent was stronger, now that he was outside the city, the smells unobstructed by thick concrete buildings and metal. It was all too easy to track down.

Within the hour the scent had grown strong enough to where it was nearly right ahead of him. It was carrying a hint of saltiness, indicating the Outsider had probably come from the ocean, far away from here. Why they had travelled this far, it was unknown, but he would bring it back to Lord Torin either way.

Shifting into his human form, Kite allowed his nose to lead him through the trees until he was eye to eye with a large gray wolf. Its green eyes sparked with intelligence. "Greetings." He said, bobbing his head in introduction. "My name is Kite. I would much prefer if you shift into human form. I have a proposition for you."

~~*~~
Midnight examined the cart, nodding half to himself at his brother's suggestions. He was done looking over the bear shifter for now, having poked his foot and ribs, the first to see if he had any feeling in them and the second to judge if his skin protected the thinner areas to his bones. Neither had proved successful.

"Hmm. Maybe we should try mixing in a little bit of the red." He handed one to his brother, a vial filled with intense, almost glowing blood red liquid. When they had previously tried it on a couple of experiments, it caused them to rapidly change between forms before returning to the form that they originally started in. While it was a new concept for experiments, it wasn't a new phenomenon. Children who knew they could shift often had this problem while they slept, unable to fully control their forms. As a result, they had dubbed it 'flickering'. Ferals and Domestics, however, oddly didn't share these traits as children.

"It might counteract the freezing problem that the clear one had before, but help continue the process of the blue."
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 1:22 pm

Vulco examined the girl, thinking that she didn't look to be in that great of shape. Her living situation that is. Her physical appearance, while very dirty, seemed to be that of a rather fit person.

When she walked over to the dumpster, he watched her and couldn't help but laugh as she shooed him away. To her, it would look like the crow was simply hunching its shoulders while making a strange sound, which could be related to laughter if she thought about it. 

Vulco stretched his wings and flew up to the rooftop, taking a quick look around before shifting back to his human form. He looked over the roof, watching the girl for a moment more before making his way to the ladder at the side of a building. He always did like fire escapes. 

He quietly climbed down the ladder and didn't talk until his feet touched the ground. "Finest dining in town, eh?" He walked toward her, giving her a half smile and hoping that she didn't try to run for it. He tried to seem non-threatening. 

^*^

Storm sniffed the air again, getting a very unfamiliar scent on it. The fur along her spine rose slightly, but before she could react further, she saw a man walking toward her. Normally, she would run from people if she was in her wolf form, but something happened that surprised her. He started talking to her. 

She stared at him for a moment, not really sure what to think. She hesitated a moment longer before slowly shifting back to her human form and muttering to herself, "I didn't know there were others..."

She looked him over, seeming to shy away from him. She wasn't used to actually talking to people. Normally she just ran from them. "What... What is your proposition?"

As she talked, she took a few steps backwards, getting ready to run if she needed to. Or if she wanted to. This man seemed strange to her and she wasn't completely sure if she should trust him or not. 

^*^

Makenna had been scavenging along the forest floor, not really going anywhere specific. Her ears twitched when she heard a noise from above, but she figured it was just a bird. It usually was. Or a squirrel. Sometimes she saw those too.

Not bothering to look up, she jumped slightly when she heard a voice. It sounded very unfamiliar, not like a raccoon at least. Looking up, she saw a strange creature that she had never seen before. It definitely wasn't a bird, but she thought it could have been a horribly deformed squirrel. 

Either way, she didn't want to find out what it was going to do to her if it caught her. She wanted to live! So, she immediately darted into the thick undergrowth of the forest floor and frantically tried to flee from the strange mutant squirrel.

^*^

Leon nodded in agreement. "Genius." He was talking just as much about himself as he was about his brother. They were equals, after all. Basically the same person. 

Leon grabbed the indicated vials and began to mix them, making a mixture that he knew they would both agree on. Once he had that done, he grabbed a syringe and filled it with a heavy dose. 

He offered the syringe to Midnight. "Would you care to do the honors?" He glanced down at the sedated shifter, wondering vaguely if this was going to hurt. If he had to guess, he would say yes. It was going to hurt. It usually did.
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Rowen raised her eyebrow as the crow didn't move at first, instead scrunching it's head into its neck and making some sort of weird warbling sound. "I said beat it, you stupid bird!" She growled, swatting at the thing. It took off, flying to the rooftops.

"Dumb animals." She grumbled. She had never been a fan of animals, especially birds. Crows in particular. They reminded her of rats, which she also hated, because rats reminded her of herself. There was no one that she hated more than herself. Not necessarily because she had done anything in the past to get her in this situation, or the fact that she went with any gender anyone called her and couldn't be bothered to correct them. It was just that she had an intense dislike of herself, probably because she didn't really bother with anyone so there wasn't really anyone else to dislike.

As soon as the crow was gone, Rowen shove the lid to the dumpster open, ignoring the smells that wafted towards her. She had long since grown use to them. As she suspected, there was freshly dumped leftovers just sitting at the top. It was nearly a quarter of a chicken, something she hadn't been able to have in so long she couldn't even remember. She had just begun to reach for it when the same voice from before sounded from behind her. Instantly she whirled around, her eyes narrowing as they landed on a man with peculiar grey eyes.

She began backing up. Her looking like a boy had its advantages more than it did disadvantages. If she could even think of disadvantages. After all, everyone knew what happened to girls on their own in an alley. And by the looks he was giving her, odd ones she had never seen before, and the way he spoke, he definitely took her for a girl. Rowen did have to give him kudos for that. He had to have been a serious sexual predator.

"Who are you?" She asked flatly, continuing to back up, slower this time so it wouldn't seem like she was going anywhere. When she was level with the back of the dumpster she stopped. After a few moments, so the man would think she was waiting for an answer, Rowen suddenly turned and bolted, leaving the man - and the precious chicken - behind. The alley was blocked off at the end, veering off into two directions. She didn't give a single thought and chose one at random, sprinting as fast as she could down it. She had always been a lightning fast runner, and she hoped this would come to her advantage to get away from the man.

It only took her a couple minutes before she was forced to skid to a stop. Dead end.

"No!" She yelled, beating her fists against the wall as if she could make it collapse. Rowen spun around, pressing her back against the wall. She couldn't go back the way she had come. The man would see her. Her only hope lied in the fact that he might choose the wrong alley to go down. If he came down this one, she would have to fight to get past him.

~~*~~

Kite bobbed his head again as the wolf shifted into human form, turning into a girl with short gray hair and bright green eyes, the same as her wolf. "There are lots of others, I can assure you. Please don't run - I'm not going to hurt you. I caught wind that there was another shifter in the area so I came to investigate. We have a whole community of shifters not far from here." He held up his hands, giving her a small smile.

"I'd be happy to bring you there for a visit. You can meet our leader. We can give you food, new clothes, and a place to sleep. You wouldn't have to stay if you didn't want to, but the least you can do is check it out. It would be better than having to fend for yourself, don't you think?" A familiar scent entered his bloodhound nose and he whipped his head to the side just in time to see a humanoid figure cloaked in shadows standing in one of the treetops holding what looked like a spear before they leaped away through the trees.

His fists clenched although inwardly he was smiling. Michael always knew just the right time to appear when he was confronting an Outsider. "...I was afraid of that. We don't have much time. There's a gang of wild shifters out here that live in the forest. We've had a rivalry with them since our community leader took over. Some sort of dispute about being the leader and when mine won, the other took off along with his followers. They don't take kindly to trespassers, even less now that they've seen you talking with me. I can offer you protection. If you'll stay in the community for a couple days I can make sure of a route where you won't be attacked, unless you want to stay permanently." He offered.

~~*~~

"No, wait! Agh!" Eric groaned as the raccoon bolted. From her looking around, she was definitely a shifter, but Ferals weren't named that for a reason. He just hoped it would be easier.

"I swear, if this makes me lose the bet, I'm gonna shave the hair off her head." He grumbled before racing after her. Hopefully she would be slower since she had to navigate through the fallen logs and bushes, but he didn't count on it. He could only count on being faster than her.

A crashing sound made his realize that he was off course so he quickly adjusted and continued his pursuit. She was fast, there was no doubt about that. Which is why he was practically thanking the heavens when he found out that she was almost directly under him, racing along the forest ground while he was leaping through the treetops.

"Just wait a second!" He cried before leaping down, hooking his fingers into her fur to try and slow her down and shifting into his human form. In that time, she had managed to slip away but with a lunge that resulted in him landing flat on his face, Eric was able to wrap his hands around the raccoon's stomach. "I'm not gonna hurt ya! I just wanna talk!"

~~*~~

Midnight watched his twin mix the fluid. It was almost like watching his own hands do it. There were virtually no differences between him and Leon. They way they talked, walked, acted, looked, and even thought was completely the same. There was nothing one wouldn't do for the other, because it would have been like doing something to themselves. The only difference was that Midnight was here and Leon was there.

The twin nodded. "Yes, thank you, brother. I appreciate the thought." He took the syringe and poked the bear shifter's arm again before twisting it in search of a vein. It was easy enough to find, standing out clearly like a blue teardrop. He slipped the needle in, injecting all of the fluid. It usually took a few seconds for the serum to take effect so he stepped back, even with his brother, and waited.
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 1:48 pm

Vulco stopped walking forward when the girl began to back up. He narrowed his eyes a bit, not bothering to answer her. He began to speak slowly with a slight warning in his tone. "Don't do it..."

But she did. She ran away. Of course she did. A guy tries to be nice to a girl and he automatically becomes some kind of creep! That did approach her from a ladder in an empty alleyway...

He shook his head and took off after her, pushing himself off the ground and flying forward as he quickly shifted into a crow. As he followed her, he shifted back and forth from human to crow, using his human form to push himself forward and then his crow form to swiftly glide. It made him much faster.

Apparently not fast enough, though, because she was quite a ways ahead of him. Luckily, he had seen which way she went. Shifting back to his human form and grabbing the wall to swing himself around the corner, he saw her at a dead end.

He was panting a little heavily from chasing her, which probably didn't make the situation look any better. He blocked her way out, but held up his hands as if showing he didn't pose a threat. "I just... I just wanted to talk."

Vulco held up a finger, as if asking her to wait a moment while he caught his breath. He kept an eye on her though, ready to stop her if she tried to run.

Once he had caught his breath, he straightened himself up a ran a hand through his hair. "Okay... That was... That didn't go well. Can we start over?"

Without waiting for an answer, he continued. "My name is Vulco and I'm here in the city to try and find people. Certain people with... Powers I guess you could call them. You're one of those people. God, I sound stupid..."

He paused for a moment as he tried to think of what else to say. "Look, if you agree to come with me, I can help you out. I know it sounds strange, but I can offer you food not from a dumpster, a place to live, and a shower. Not with me. But, you could just really use a shower. And if you fell uncomfortable around me, I'll give you a knife or something so you can hurt me if I get too close."

He stopped talking again, thinking that she probably thought he was crazy. "I mean, I did help you find that garbage and right now, I'm offering you way more than that. What do you have to lose?"

^*^

Storm continued to take a few more steps backwards until she was a comfortable distance from him. Right next to the line of trees that she planned to escape into.

She listened to his offer, considering it as he spoke. She would like to meet others like her, but she was still looking for her parents. Or at least hoping that she would find them. 'Searching' isn't the word she would use over 'travelling' if she had to describe what she was doing.

Then she caught another unfamiliar smell and she saw someone holding a spear. She backed away from where the figure was and began looking around, sniffing the air to see if there were others. "I... I'm looking for my parents..."

That was all she could think to say at first. Then, after listening to Kite's explanation she shook her head slightly. "I don't know if I want to go with you... I mean, If you are fighting with others, then I would be in more danger if I went with you, right?"

As she spoke, she made up her mind. She didn't want to be involved in this. She shifted, somewhat slowly, to her wolf form and started running into the trees, away from Kite and the one with the spear. Going this direction was a terrible idea!

^*^

Makenna rushed through the undergrowth, glad that she had been in this area long enough to be able to navigate somewhat easily. Add the fact that she was being chased by a monster, she was actually moving pretty fast.

Then she heard that same voice again. How could she understand that? It wasn't another raccoon, so what was it? Then she felt something grab at her. She let out a loud sound of panic and her legs started moving faster, trying to carry her away from her attacker.

Then whatever had her suddenly changed and there were larger hands wrapped around her. She started kicking her legs and frantically making hissing noises in an effort to scare off the predator.

She scratched at the hands that were holding on to her, not willing to listen to what this creature was saying. After attempting to bite it a few times, she actually saw what it was. A human! Great, this weird squirrel creature was actually working with the humans! Go through one trash can and they just can't let it go!

"Leave me alone! I haven't even been near any trash cans in ages!" She tried to bite the human's hands again, not even realizing that she could understand what the human was saying.

^*^

Leon watched as his brother injected the serum into the bear shifter. At first, nothing happened. This was to be expected, though. Sometimes they didn't even see the results until a few days later.

Luckily, this was not one of those times. After not even a minute, the shifter began to have what looked like seizures, his body twitching as the drug began to take affect.

He let out a pained groan which turned into a growl as he began to change form. Leon would have celebrated then, but he knew that there was still a chance of failure. The shifter actually did change form, though! Soon, there was a bear laying on the table, thrashing about and fighting against his restraints.

Leon gave a look of triumph to his brother, but the victory was short lived. The restraints on the bear broke. Of course, he was still sedated, but tranquilizers work differently on a bear. Enough for a man is not enough for a bear, so Leon and Midnight were faced with a groggy, confused, and angry creature roaming about in their lab.

Leon quickly yelled, "Contain him!" As he shifted to his cobra form in order to be able to avoid being demolished. Him and Midnight were much faster in their cobra forms.
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 1:51 pm

Rowen's breathing hitched as the man stopped before her. How had he caught up to her so fast? No one had ever been able to come close to her speed, and yet here this guy was standing just seconds after she hit the dead end. She hardly listened to his explanation, instead flicking her eyes back and forth to try and find a way to slip past him. Her back was flattened against the wall, so much so that it felt like her spine was melding with it. It was probably the worst place she could be, but she didn't have much of a choice with the man standing only a few feet on front of her.

She tuned into his words at the very end. "My life, psychotic freak!" She shouted, managing to keep her voice steady despite the fact that she was trembling violently and her eyes were wide with terror. One of his hands moved and she flinched, slipping along the wall to a corner. The absolute worst place for her to be, but she didn't care at the moment. It might help her.

Rowen's eyes darted to the opening at the man's side that was lined up directly with her. Without thinking about the consequences, she scrambled for it. It was her only chance to escape, or else she would be trapped against the wall. "Get away from me, you creep!" She screamed.

~~*~~

"Please, wait, I can help you find your parents. But wouldn't you like to rest for a little bit? You can't have had much comfortable traveling..." Before Kite could say another word, the girl shifted back into her wolf and ran off in the opposite direction. Shit. Michael, if I need you at any time, it's now. He thought.

"Wait! It's dangerous!" Kite shouted, running after her as fast as he could. As if he had heard the thought, the figure from before came leaping through the trees, darting in front of the wolf. Michael threw the spear at the wolf, aiming for her ribs which have surely killed her.

Kite lunged. "No, stop!" With the burst of speed, he was able to tackle the wolf shifter to the side, narrowly missing the spear. "I told you, it was dangerous!" He released the she-wolf. "Please, I promise, you'll be much safer in the city until the other shifters' emotions die down. We have fortified walls to keep them out. Won't you consider it? I don't want you to get hurt because of me. Already you've almost been killed!"

~~*~~

"Trash cans what are you - never mind. Hey, ow, stop doing that!" Eric snapped out, trying to keep his hold on the raccoon. "Come on, I'm just trying to talk to ya! I won't hurt you, I promise!" His hands were already bloody from the raccoon's bites but he struggled to get to his knees and moved his hands up close to the raccoon's neck so she wouldn't be able to reach him with her teeth. "Jeez, you got some fangs on ya. Can't you just calm down? For twelve seconds?"

The black and white haired man struggled to keep the raccoon's claws away from him as well, but that was going less as well. "I can offer you food! Better food than you can imagine. And warmth!" He remembered what it was like when he was a Feral himself. It was never warm enough, nor was he ever able to get enough food. To have joined the community was like heaven for him. Surely this raccoon would feel the same way. They were practically in the same genealogical species after all.

~~*~~

Midnight's face broke out into a rare grin as the human shifted into a bear under the serum's influence. The experiment was a success! His grin had a short lifespan though, when the bear's restraints broke free and slumped off the table to search the lab and kill them in the process

This wasn't good.

Following his brother, Midnight leaped into action, shifting into that of his cobra's shape. Venom wouldn't work against the giant beast unless he wanted to kill him, which was the exact opposite of what he and his twin wanted. All they would be able to do was keep the bear occupied while their assistants hopefully came through with sedatives. Or a cage. Either would work.

Avoiding the bear's paws, which crashed down all around him, Midnight made his way to the front of the bear, winding himself around one of the bear's legs to get onto his neck, wrapping around it tightly. Without oxygen, the bear would hopefully collapse, but if not, the sedatives would have to work. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the assistants struggling to fill a needle big enough with the sedation medication, but were fumbling because oh my, there was a freakin' bear in the lab threatening to kill them. He didn't blame them, but that didn't mean he and his brother wouldn't have to give them a good reprimanding later for not being able to work under pressure.
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 1:54 pm

Vulco waited a moment after he had finished speaking and flinched a bit at her harsh reply. Well, yes, there was always her life she could lose...

He kept his hands up, shaking his head slightly. "I'm not a threat..." He doubted she heard him though. She seemed to be panicking and trying to find a way out.

Then she backed into a corner. Strange move for a girl who already knew she was trapped. He tensed his muscles as he waited for her next move. Obviously she was going to try something and she didn't have many options.

When she tried to run past him, he stuck his arm out and wrapped it around her waist, throwing her backwards to where she had been before, though not hard enough to hurt her. "Will you just listen!?"

His voice came out a lot more stressed than he meant it to be, but being nice wasn't working. He sighed and spoke in a more controlled tone. "Look, I'm trying to be nice here. I'm offering you everything you could want. A place to actually call home. I basically offered to let you stab me if you felt the need!"

He took a few steps away from her to give her more space, but made sure to be ready if she tried to get past him again. "I'll admit, you haven't been all bad to me. I mean, I've been called a lot worse by women before. Don't take that in a bad, just some women can get easily offended and... I'm not a creep or anything."

Vulco paused and took a deep breath. "Okay, let me start again. Come with me and I will give you food and a home. You won't have to see me again after we get there and if you don't like it, you can leave. I'm not asking for anything in return. Just... Attempt to trust me? The weapon offer still stands too, if it makes you feel any better."

^*^

Storm could hear Kite shouting from behind her, telling her it was dangerous. She didn't care, she just wanted to get away from these crazy shifters.

Then she felt herself being tackled to the ground by Kite, which made her panic slightly until she realized that he had just saved her. She laid on the ground, stunned for a moment, before getting up and shaking dirt from her pelt.

"If I go with you, will you promise I can leave whenever I want? I don't want to be trapped." She looked at him with a look of complete seriousness, not bothering to change back to her human form yet. She didn't even glance around to see if it was safe, which she really wanted to because in her mind they were being hunted by shifters with spears.

Everything about this situation was exactly what she had been trying to avoid all of her life.

^*^

It seemed to be out of nowhere, the raccoon realizing that she was talking to a human. She stopped attacking him and just stared at him. "How can you talk to me!? Put me down!"

She pushed against his hands, giving him one last good scratch before she was free of his hands. She landed unceremoniously on the ground and rolled backwards and away from him, standing and glaring. "What's going on here!?"

She glared at him through suspicious eyes, obviously not willing to trust him at all. The offer of food and warmth did sound nice, but she didn't plan on living with a human any time soon! She would rather risk running into the mutated squirrel before she lived with a human!

^*^

Leon watched as his brother slithered up the bear and began to choke him. A good plan, as always. However, it wasn't a quick plan and Leon had to quickly move the tray of vials before they were destroyed by the bear.

He looked over to see the assistants trying to get the sedative ready. They were failing, as usual. If they wanted anything done,it was either Leon or Midnight that had to do it.

Leon slithered toward the bear, wrapping himself around the legs of the animal and causing him to fall down. Lack of oxygen was making him slow his movements, but he wasn't unconscious yet.

Once the bear had fallen to the ground, Leon shifted back to his human form and quickly made his way to the assistants. He shoved them aside and expertly prepared the needle in order to sedate the destructive beast.

When he had the needle, he made his way quickly to the bear, who was still weakly thrashing about. "Excuse me, brother." He crouched down, leaning to his right to avoid the swing of a paw, before jabbing the needle into the bear's neck once Midnight had moved away from the injection site.

The bear gave a few more weak thrashes before falling unconscious and shifting back to his human form. Leon looked to his brother and gave a slight nod. "I think that went... Well."
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Rowen's eyes didn't work fast enough to see what happened, but she could feel the arm that slid around her waist and threw her back to the corner. She didn't know how strong he had intended to push her, but it was enough for her hunger-weakened body to collapse to the ground.

Without knowing what else to do, she just hugged her knees to her chest. As she did it, someone happened to walk into the alley, probably to throw something in a dumpster, but stopped when they saw the man. However, as soon as their eyes landed on her, their face twisted into a sneer. "Serves that boy right. You are doing a service by getting rid of that boy." The passerby snapped before turning to go to a different trashcan.

She closed her eyes. "I don't have any trust left." Rowen didn't know what else she could do. Her strength was gone, she didn't think she could get past him, and even if she did, he had proved more than adequate at keeping up with her. The sooner she accepted the reality, the sooner it would all just be over, whether the man would leave, seeing her a lost cause, take her anyway, use her, or just kill her.

She honestly didn't care which one he chose anymore.

~~*~~

Michael darted out into the open just long enough to snatch the spear and retreat back into the shadows, but Kite kept his eyes trained directly on the fleeing form. He would 'attack' again soon.

"I promise, you will be able to leave whenever you want, you have my word." Kite knew he was lying through his teeth, but one thing was for sure - being second in command definitely had its ups when he worked with Torin. The two had been trained together in lying and had had years to practice.

The bloodhound glanced around as a twig snapped nearby. "We have to go. The shifters will be on us soon." He stood up, giving her a smile. "I promise, you'll be safe."

~~*~~

"My poor, poor hands..." Eric mumbled, cradling his hands to his chest. They hurt like hell and stung like crazy. "To answer your questions, I'm like you. Or, well, you're like me. I'm a shifter, and you are too. It's why we can communicate."

He wrapped his hands in his shirt, staining it with blood but not caring for the moment. I can't tell you how to shift, there are others for that, but trust me, you're just like me. I'm the creature that you saw earlier." To demonstrate, he shrank into his lemur form. "Sorry that I scared you earlier, but I didn't know how else to approach you. But if you come with me, I can provide, food, warm shelter, and knowledge. Doesn't that sound good?"

~~*~~

Midnight jolted as the bear crashed to the floor, one side of his thin body temporarily being crushed by the weight. However, he withstood it, keeping himself wrapped around the bear's neck to keep him from moving too much. If he destroyed even one vial in the lab, it could mean major catastrophe. Not to mention both Midnight and Leon would go ballistic, seeing as they had created all of the serums themselves by dedicating hours upon hours of research and mixtures.

The snake shifter could see as his twin shoved the useless assistants out of the way, preparing the sedative within seconds. As his brother came over, Midnight automatically moved his body so the needle could be inserted. After half a minute of thrashing around, trying to fight the sedation, the bear fell still and Midnight was able to uncoil himself from the shifter's limp neck, shifting to his human form as well.

Midnight scowled and lifted his shirt, exposing a dark bruise all along his side and ribcage. "Stupid creature crushed me under there." He turned his anger to the assistants. "Did we or did we not train you to handle emergency situations like these calmly and swiftly or am I mistaken? You were brought here because you were thought to be worthy enough to help, but if you can't preform a simple task of preparing a medication under stress, maybe we should make you part of our research." He snapped.
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 3:32 pm

Vulco watched as the girl collapsed to the ground after he threw her. Great, now he felt bad. He was about to apologize to her when he heard someone walk into the alley. Turning, he hoped to God that this person didn't feel like getting involved in whatever he thought was happening.

To his surprise, though, the person actually praised him for what he was doing. Vulco looked down at the girl with a confused expression. "You sure have made a name for yourself, haven't you?"

After hardly a moment's thought, Vulco reached down and grabbed the girl's arm, lifting her to her feet and started leading her out of the alley. He kept a relatively tight grip on her so she wouldn't try to run. "Alright, here's how this is gonna go. We're gonna get on a train and head in that direction." He pointed in what seemed like a random direction, but the buildings were just blocking the distant mountains.

"On that train, I am going to explain everything to you in detail so you can fully understand what is happening. During this time, you will not try to run away. Then after a bit of walking, we will arrive at our destination. This destination being your chance at a fresh start. A better life. Got that?"

As he was talking, Vulco lead them down the street at a rather brisk pace. It was clear he was in a hurry. Only a few minutes after he had finished talking, they arrived at the train station. However, they didn't go in to get tickets. Instead, Vulco simply lead them across a set of tracks to where a train was just starting to move.

Without even asking first, Vulco simply lifted Rowen up into one of the boxcars and jumped in after her. Soon, they were in a steadily moving train heading toward the mountains.

"My name is Vulco, by the way."

^*^

Storm hesitated again, though not nearly as long as she had before. She had more reasons to want to go with him now that she had actually been attacked. After shifting to her human form, she stood beside Kite and nodded.

"Alright... I'll go with you. I don't want to stay long, though. You have to let me leave."

She was still unsure of the consequences of her decision, so she wasn't that thrilled to be going with him. However, going with Kite seemed like a better choice than being hunted with spears. Plus, Kite seemed nice enough. At least he did for now.

^*^

Makenna watched the human, not really believing his story. She had never even heard the word shifter before, yet he was saying it like she should know what it meant.

Then something happened that made her scurry backwards a few paces. "What... How... You're the mutated squirrel that was chasing me!?"

She couldn't help but pity the poor creature, but she felt angry at him for attacking her. There was a tinge of satisfaction knowing that she had given him quite a few good scratches.

Then he started talking about food and shelter and warmth. All of that did sound good. Not so much the knowledge part, but the other parts. However, she still wasn't too thrilled with the idea of trusting a human. Especially one that can inexplicably change into some sort of strange creature.

She shook her head slightly. "I don't know..."

^*^

Leon stood beside Midnight as his brother scolded the assistants. He nodded along with what Midnight was saying, knowing that anything Midnight said would be everything that Leon would have said, so there was no need for him to add anything.

Once Midnight had finished, Leon turned his attention toward the shifter who was still unconscious on the floor. Thankfully. "Another slip up like that and we will have to find completely new assistants. Until then, put him back in his cage."

Leon watched as the wide-eyed assistants scurried forward to carry out his command. He then walked over to examine the straps that had broken. "That bear has a lot of power. He would be a great asset to Lord Torin if we could just figure out how to control him. How do you suggest we control when he shifts? The serum we developed obviously works, but the method we used to inject it is inefficient."
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Turns out the man was going with option two, which was the least likely in her opinion to be chosen. Wow this guy is persistent. Serious sexual drive here. Why does it always have to be the creeps that find me? Rowen thought as he just grabbed her and started dragging her along with him.

Rowen didn't even try to fight him. Instead she looked on with emotionless eyes and didn't make a sound, instead focusing on planting one foot after the other. She didn't understand why this man would want to give her a chance at a 'second life' or whatever. However, he was right about one thing. She would try to get away again. She just didn't feel like making the effort another time. Too much work and she was already too tired.

A rat scurried in front of them and she grimaced. She hated rats.

Her steps didn't falter until they were about to board the train and she stopped, unsure about whether or not to get on. She had never been inside something as big and it moved. Sure she had seen it occasionally, glimpses of it from between buildings, but she had never even thought about riding on one never mind actually being on one.

However, one forceful entrance by the man later, that involved literally lifting her onto it, she was inside the train and already dying to get out. The feeling of the ground moving beneath her without her physically moving sickened her, making her movements uncertain and jerky. Not even when she fell into one of the boxes did it help.

"You are a monster, that's what you are." She said flatly, fighting the urge to spill everything in her stomach on the floor.

OOC - I just really love Rowen, okay? XD And I guess she gets motion sickness. Who knew, right?-Bic

~~*~~

"You won't have to." Kite assured, smiling at her. He gestured in the direction they had to go and began walking, pretending to look from side to side for scouts. "You have very pretty forms, I just wanted to let you know. We have another shifter back at the encampment with gray hair about the same length as yours." He grinned. "But I wouldn't go messing with her any day."

He continued in silence for a few minutes before saying, "Would you mind if I asked for your name?"

~~*~~

"Mutated squirrel? Oh, come on, I'm a lemur! Squirrels are a lot meaner than me. They pelt acorns at you wherever you go! If you even breath in their direction you'll find an acorn knocking between your eyes. To be compared to them - that is just insulting!" Eric protested, pouting at her.

"But come on! What's the worst that can happen? I did it a long time ago, and look where I ended up! With as much food as I can eat and all the time in the world to sleep. There's even added fun because you get to meet others like you. There's always someone that you'll bond to. I'm sure there's another raccoon there somewhere as well! What do ya say you check it out?"

~~*~~

"We should probably start viewing the application forms again so we can get a good idea of the candidates before hand." Midnight grumbled, glaring in the direction of his current assistants. Maybe next time they would actually get ones that paid attention and were able to work under any condition.

Once he was sure they had had enough of his golden death stare, he joined his brother, thinking to himself. "We might be able to make capsules to be injected into the bloodstream. They could be connected to a detonator, with but only open one at a time so they wouldn't have to be injected with new capsules after every use. Maybe five capsules in the bloodstream before needing to add new ones?" He suggested.
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 4:41 pm

Vulco climbed in after the girl, sitting on the edge of the entrance. He put one foot into the cart and let the other just hang over the edge as he leaned back against the doorway. The train slowly picked up speed until they were moving at a normal pace, away from the city and toward the mountains.

He glanced over at her when she said that he was a monster. He gave her a slight laugh and shook his head. "Usually when one person introduces themselves, the other does the same. I guess you don't learn manners on the streets..."

They sat in silence for a while as the train put the city behind them. Then Vulco took in a deep breath, still looking out into the trees and not bothering to look at the girl. He wasn't even sure she was going to listen to him.

"I guess I should start explaining... I'm not trying to kidnap you or anything, just to be clear on that. I tried to reason with you and you wouldn't listen. Like I said before, I'm looking for people with certain powers and you are one of them, you just don't know it yet.

"Like me, you have the ability to change into another animal. We're called shifters. I know that you're one because you were able to understand me when I was in my other form. I'm here to take you to a place where there are others like us. There, you can get a fresh start and live in an actual home with electricity and food."

He paused for a moment and glanced at her, wondering if she had even been listening to anything he had just said.

^*^

Storm put her hands in her pockets and glanced around every once in a while, though not nearly as much as Kite was. She felt somewhat reassured when he said that she wouldn't have to stay long, but she still wasn't completely sure.

She didn't reply to him saying that she had pretty forms, though she didn't look at him. She though that if she did, it would probably just make her blush. Compliments weren't something she was used to. Then he said something about another shifter that he wouldn't want to mess with, but she figured she would learn about that soon enough.

Storm walked beside him in silence, not really sure what to say. Of course, she had a lot of questions, but not any that she could keep straight in her head. Luckily, he brought up the next question. "Oh, right, my name. It's Storm."

^*^

Makenna still looked uncertainly at the lemur. "What's the worst the could happen? I don't want to be around a bunch of humans! I don't care what kind of food you have there! I hate humans!"

She looked at him stubbornly and backed up a little. "And I definitely don't want to become anything like a... Lemur. I don't even know what that is! I would rather be a squirrel."

She glanced around, as if looking for another way to escape, though she wasn't running just yet.

^*^

Leon sighed at the thought of having to get new assistants, though he knew the ones they had weren't that great. He just never looked forward to training the new ones.

However, he quickly focused his attention on solving their shifting problem instead. "Perhaps we can put some sort of collar on him that will inject the serum into him at the push of a button. Of course, we would have to create something to make him change back to human form and make a collar that won't break and can change shape to always fit tightly on his neck. We could even add different things to inject him with, such as sedatives in case he gets more out of control."
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Rowen ignored his first comment, too sick to respond anyway, not that she would have in the first place, but did grumble out during the stretch of silence how she was tempted to give him a shove out of the boxcar. She would have, it she wasn't already threatening to puke her guts on the floor.

Since she couldn't move at the moment, all she could do was listen to what the creep had to say. And as he spoke, the words just got stranger and stranger until she forced herself into a sitting position and glared at him. "I don't know what you're on buddy but that is some serious shit. Did you snort it from under a sewer, 'cause your mind's gone rotten. You ate the mushrooms growing on the pipes didn't you."

The train his a bump in the tracks and her face turned a pale shade of green and she fell back against the crate she was on. "Oh God, get me off this thing. I don't care what crack you're on, this is absolute torture."

OOC - I'm in love with Rowen.-Bic

~~*~~

Kite smiled at the girl. "Storm, what a name! It suits you." He said, sniffing the air and adjusting his course slightly. By chance, Storm had veered towards the city when she had run, so they were closer than they would have been if she ran the other way. At this pace, it would take half to a quarter of an hour.

Not that he minded.

He had accomplished his mission for Torin. He knew that he wouldn't. When he made a promise to Torin, he never failed it. Kite wouldn't allow himself to fail if it meant failing Torin. The scents of the other two Outsiders lingered on his senses. He would want to bring someone else to track down those two. He had never encountered multiple Outsiders at once, and one was already enough, especially when they chose to fight. Maybe Torin himself would agree to join him. It would be just like the past, when the two trained together.

Kite couldn't remember the last time he and his friend had hunted together. It had to have been a couple years, at least. Once things had calmed down and everyone had accepted, reluctantly or no it didn't matter, Torin's rule had he been able to hunt again, but a leader's work never fully stopped so he didn't get out much. His entertainment were the fights.

Yes, he would ask Torin to hunt down the other Outsiders. If he disagreed, Kite would just have to find someone else.

~~*~~

Eric visibly slumped at the raccoon's rejection and insult. "Oh...well, you didn't have to be that mean...I was just trying to offer a better lifestyle..." He turned around, his tail dragging along the forest floor. "I'll...I'll just be going then..." The lemur paused as he reached the underbrush and looked back. "Sorry for all the trouble I caused you."

He slipped through the bush, his ears flopped down against his skull. That had gone horribly. What had he done wrong? He had said everything that the person who had found him as a Feral said. He had jumped at the chance of food and a warm shelter. He must have been worse off than the raccoon.

Maybe he shouldn't have chased her. That was probably what scared her more than anything. He would just have to return empty handed and buy Vulco the drinks.

~~*~~

Midnight nodded. "That does sound like a better idea. As for the collar, maybe we can make it out of rubber, or some kind of latex. That way it would expand and contract with the shifter. The reversal serum, on the other hand, we'll just have to experiment more, possibly make a new strain. Possibly the red mixed with the green, as the green had no effect. The sedatives are also a good idea as well."
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 9:29 pm

"Oh crap, I'm gonna puke." Rowen rolled onto her side, facing the edge of the crate just as Vulcan or whatever his name was began standing up. He would have to deal with the sight of her dirt-stained shirt unless he wanted puke all over him. However, when the boxcar suddenly grew too quiet, for all that Vulcan talked, she had to turn around.

She was greeted by the sight of an empty space by the door. "Great, just what I needed. To be stranded on this God-forsaken death trap." She groaned. "How did the crackhead even fall out without making a noise?"

Something small and black caught her attention on the floor. When Rowen directed her attention at it, she grimaced. "Great. One crow today was enough." She struggled to a sitting position and then slid off the crate, using it to support her as she leaned heavily on it. "Get out of here, damn crow. I hate you birds. Disgusting vermin. I'm not afraid to kick you out of here. Go back a little ways, there should be some dead druggie for you to pick at."

Rowen groaned, sinking to the floor and clutching her stomach. "You're just asking for some vomit soaked feathers, you damn bird." She snapped when the crow didn't move.

OOC - Leave it to Rowen to miss his entire speech and then the actual shifting part. And then insult him both directly and indirectly. Talent.-Bic

~~*~~

"You're welcome." Kite returned pleasantly. He couldn't remember the last time he had to act like this. The act he had put on for the last Outsider had failed completely and he had ended up having to physically drag her back to the city with her screaming and kicking the entire way. Way too much of a hassle. This way was much better.

Kite listened to her question and nodded. "I guess I haven't shared that, have I? I'm a bloodhound, the best sniffer around. I can track a scent for miles." He turned his head to her. "It was how I found you." He tapped his nose with his finger. "My smelling sense even affects me in human form, which is how I'm getting us back to the city without faltering."

~~*~~

Eric stopped, surprised when the raccoon darted in front of him. Had she changed her mind? Maybe she was in need, she just didn't want to say so. His ears flicked up. "Yeah! You're exactly like me! Well, apart from you being a raccoon and me a lemur." He confirmed, his voice light again. "It was only a few years ago that I was where you were. Well, maybe more than a few. I don't remember any more. But I was an animal just wandering around, but then a shifter found me - I even forget their name - and invited me to camp and it got so much better! I promise, you'll love it there! I didn't like humans at first either, but these aren't like normal humans, I swear!"

~~*~~

Midnight watched the assistants scramble to do as they were told. None of them wanted to become the result of their experiments. The cobra even caught a glimpse of a tail poking out of one of the assistant's coats, something that only happened when this particular assistant was under high stress. Good, maybe they would actually get something done now.

He turned back to his brother with the cart, lifting the light purple liquid that had been used to make the shifter turn into his animal form and holding it against the light. "I'll prepare some more of this serum. We'll need a multitude of it since the experiment proved to be successful. Shouldn't take too much time. 29% Xenocarbon with 51% Lithygon and 20% Polynigma." As he rattled off the ingredients, one assistant hastily brought over the required materials for him to mix.

Midnight handed the vial back to his twin. "You can do the honors this time, brother. The cage should be big enough to restrain him if he does happen to wake, but I highly doubt so."
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Vulco listened as she told him that he was on drugs. He did sound pretty crazy. However, he couldn't get too offended. He was enjoying her suffering on the train too much to be mad at her.

Instead he just laughed and shook his head. "Yeah, I didn't think you would believe me. Also we don't have too much longer on here before we have to get off and walk. Before that, though, I'm going to show you what I'm talking about."

He stood up, putting a hand on the wall to steady himself. It wouldn't have been a big deal if he fell out, he would just shift into his crow form, but still. That would be embarrassing.

Vulco walked into the center of the boxcar and stretched his arms. "Like I told you, we are both shifters. So I'm going to show you what that means." And with that said, he suddenly change. Instead of a man standing in front of her, there was simply a crow on the ground, looking at her through dark eyes.

^*^

Storm walked beside Kite and nodded slightly. "Um thanks..." She said in reply to his compliment. She walked in silence for a long time, wondering when they were going to arrive at their destination. She was very curious about it.

However, she was able to contain her questions, guessing that they would be answered shortly after arriving there. She did think of a different question, though. Turning her head to look at Kite she asked him, "So... What can you change into? I haven't seen you in anything other than your human form."

^*^

Makenna sighed when she saw that she had hurt his feelings. Sure, he had chased her and scared her half to death, but she figured he was just trying to help her.

She walked after him, "Hey wait up!" Once she had caught up to him, she stopped in front of him so he would have to stop too. "So, are you saying that I am like you? That I can change into a human? How is that even possible and how do I know this isn't some sort of trick?"

^*^

Leon nodded as he looked at the shifter before turning to go to the table full of serums. "Let us begin work on that immediately. Torin will be pleased to know of the progress we are making. Perhaps we can also develop a serum for mind control that we can put into the collar as well. It may be easier than what they are attempting to do to the moose."

Leon began to try a new mixture, keeping the original one at his side. "We can use this one to change him to his bear form, hopefully he is sedated enough, and then we can use this new one to see if it works."

He looked at one of the assistants, who was desperately trying to find something to do before he was threatened again. "You there! Go get the supplies we will need to start making the collar. You may begin work on it if you feel confident enough. Mess up and we will have to dispose of you, though."
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 9:34 pm

Vulco shook his head slightly. Of course, she wasn't listening. Why had he expected her to? Then she went on about how he was a crackhead and then about how she hated crows.

After her little rant, he couldn't help but just cover his face with one wing (the closet he could get to a face-palm as a bird) and sighed. "Honestly, I don't know why I even try! You domestics are just so stubborn and ignorant!"

His feather puffed up a bit as he spoke and he hopped back over to where he had been sitting before, shifting back to his human form and taking up his original position. "And you! You are the worst one I have encountered in years! Seriously, how does one person manage to be... All of that!" He gestures in her direction as he says this.

"I'm done trying. Puke your guts out. Fall out of the train in the middle of nowhere. I don't care. I'll even throw you out if you'd like!"

He leaned back and watched the trees passing by. they had made it a pretty long distance considering they were on a train. The train had started to head more into the mountains and the city was far gone.

^*^

Storm thought about this for a moment. "That must suck... Having that great of a smell, I mean. In both my forms, my senses are pretty high and always alert, but I'm sure my smelling is nowhere near as good as yours."

She glanced at him as she said this, taking a moment to study him before looking ahead of her again. "Do you do this often? Go out and try to track down others like me? Like us?"

^*^

Makenna was more willing to listen to the lemur speak as she began to understand what he was saying. He was giving her the chance at a different life.

"Could you tell me a bit about this place you want to take me? I want to know more details before I just go there... I'm still not sure if I can trust a weird squirrel creature. Or lemur. Whatever you want to call yourself."

^*^

Leon watched as the assistants quickly brought in everything they would need to make the collar. He was a bit surprised at how fast they had been. Two of them were even beginning plans on it. Maybe they wouldn't need to get rid of them after all.

He turned to Midnight when he heard his brother speak. "Thank you, brother." He took the vial and quickly filled a syringe, kneeling down by the cage to inject the serum into the shifter.

The serum took affect faster than before and in a much less violent way. The man grew into a large grizzly, who simply blinked at them. The sedative had worn off slightly, probably due to the constant changing and injection of different things. However, all he did was blink. There was nothing else he really could do.

Leon nodded. "We can leave him like this for now. If I had to guess, I would say the serum only wears off after the shifter loses a lot of energy. We can test our new experiment once we find out how long this one will last."
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Rowen blinked as the crow began talking, and stared even more as he transformed back into Vulcan. He looked as if he didn't move a muscle, so much so Rowen believed that she had imagined the whole thing. But as he kept talking about it, saying stuff about how she was stubborn and ignorant and domestic. She didn't know how domestic related to her - she wasn't a cat.*

"Listen Vulcan." Rowen snapped, clutching her stomach as her stare turned into a glare. "I still don't know what your on, but if you want to throw me off this death trap, be my guest. Just know that you're coming with me. You brought me on this damn trip, you get to stick with me. I'm going to be honest-"

She turned suddenly away from him, bile rising up out of her throat and onto the floor. After she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, Rowen continued like nothing had happened, "I don't like you. Not as a human, not as a stupid crow. But I'll be damned if you don't finish this, and it's not pretty when I actually give a shit about something."

*Hahahaha I'm dying, the irony

~~*~~

Kite laughed. "Yes, I suppose. It does have its downsides, that's for sure. Especially after a group training session." He listened to her question and didn't respond for a moment, considering how to answer.

"Yes, I do. We have other hunters, that's what we call them, that usually search for other shifters, but sometimes I go out. I usually hunt Outsiders, that's what you and I are because we know about our powers, because I can scent and track them better than others. If you decide to stay, you might be able to become a hunter as well, help others like us."

~~*~~

Eric sat down happily by her, wrapping his striped tail around his paws. It was odd, if anyone had seen him, he would have looked more like a child than a grown man.

"Well, I can tell you that it's not as big as some other cities that I've seen, but it's definitely more than a fair share. There are a lot of people in there, all like us. I don't think there are any regular humans, and if there are, they are few and far between. We have a ruler who I don't see much, mostly because I'm spending time out hunting or with a friend of mine, but he's very powerful. You'd definitely know him if you saw him. The people there are very nice. Some of them were born as a human and later figured out that they were shifters, and some are like us, who were born animals and find out they were shifters. The humans are Domestics and animals are Ferals. Then there are some who have known their whole lives that they are shifters. We don't see those much, as they tend to be careful about others, and they are usually very powerful because they have known their whole lives and have been able to train on their own." Eric knew he was rambling, but once he started, he didn't seem able to stop.

"It's interesting to see Ferals shift for the first time, because they usually have a different appearance than most humans. Like I have white and black hair, but if I was born as a human I would have probably had brown."

~~*~~

Midnight mixed the new serum quickly, briefly detailing the fact that the assistants had worked very quickly and efficiently. Fear was a very good motive for people to work off of, especially fear at being in the hands of the twins. By the time he was done with the bigger mixture of the first injection, his brother had already made the human shift into a grizzly, who dumbly blinked back at them.

"I'll make a record of the time now." The cobra offered, jotting some numbers down in a notebook with a mechanical pencil. He had always preferred mechanical over regular.

He turned to one of the assistants, the same one with the tail. "How is the experiment with the moose going?"

"Oh, um, fine, sir." She said in a small voice, refusing to look directly in his bright gold eyes, as if they would burn through her skull. "He seems to be submitting. I'll check with the other team."
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Vulco stared out of the train for a few more minutes, not saying anything. Then he looked at her with a smile on his face. "And here I thought that you wanted to get rid of me. Now you're planning on actually going with me? What a pleasant turn of events."

With that, he stood up and walked over to Rowen, careful not to step in her vomit. He dragged her to her feet and walked to the opposite doorway he had been sitting in, pulling her with him and being careful not to get any of her puke on him. "And by the way. My name is Vulco, not Vulcan."

After saying this, he simply shoved her out of the train, laughing as he did so. This was definitely the most satisfying part of his day. Especially if Eric beat him back.

Vulco jumped out after Rowen and shifted to his crow form, gliding gently over the slow moving stream he had pushed her into and landing in a tree on the opposite bank. She was lucky he pushed her into a part of the stream that wasn't full of rocks or anything she could really hurt herself on. Instead of just water and pebbles.

He looked down at where she landed and gave another crow laugh. "I wouldn't throw you off the train without permission first. What kind of monster do you think I am?"

^*^

Storm nodded at what Kite was saying and then was struck by an idea. "Hey, if you can smell really well, then do you think you could help me find my parents? I could take you to the cabin I used to live at so you could get their scent and then track them down. You did said you could help me, right?"

Storm glanced around as she spoke, but her eyes had filled with hope. Even though she thought she had accepted her parents' death, when she was faced with the opportunity of finding them, it was as if she was 12 again and they had just gone missing. All she wanted was closure.

^*^

Makenna listened to the eager lemur as he spoke about this place, making it sound like it was the best place in the world. She was skeptical, though. She had seen and heard of many places that were supposed to be heaven for scavengers, but when she got there, she just got chased out and her life was put in danger.

Why would this place be any different?

"Well if I really can change into a human," She shuddered a bit at the thought, "Then how am I supposed to do that? Why haven't I been able to do it before?"

^*^

Leon gathered the different serums they had created, including the shifting one and the sedatives, and made his way to where two other assistants were working on the collar. Surprisingly, they were pretty close to being done. This was why they searched for the best engineers they could possibly get.

Luckily, Leon and Midnight were pretty handy with tools as well as chemicals, so he pushed them aside to finish and make adjustments.

Within a half hour, he had finished the collar and had put the drugs into the collar. Taking it to Midnight, he handed it to his brother as he began to explain.

"This is currently loaded with three different drugs, the two shifting ones-assuming our newest one works- and a sedative just in case. As you can see, it stretches well and on the inside, there are small needles that will come through the collar and into the neck to inject whichever serum we want.

"The only thing that we need to perfect our collar is a way to ensure it stays on. Preferably something that makes it painful to take off unless it is done by us. That way the shifter wearing it won't try to remove it more than once."
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 10:28 pm

Rowen's eyes snapped wide as she was dragged to her feet and then unceremoniously was shoved from the train. Her relief at being off the moving path of torture was short lived as she slammed into the ground, tumbling into an ice cold stream. She was chilled to the bone instantly, her clothes soaked.

The crow circled lazily before landing on the other side of the stream in a tree. Rising, Rowen kept her head lowered until she reached her full height, when she snapped her head up and glared at him.

"You're going to be a dead one when you come down from there." She growled, her eyes turning pure gold as she stormed out of the water. Her clothes were dripping wet, and would only prove to make her colder.

Grabbing the neck of her shirt, Rowen yanked the dirty, ragged material off her head. She would just have to deal with the wet pants. As she dropped the shirt to the ground, she could already feel the sun warming her cold skin, waiting for Vulco to come down so she could slug him in the face.

~~*~~

Kite didn't answer for a few minutes, thinking the question over. He didn't normally like to commit himself to helping others, unless it was for Torin. However, he didn't want to drive Storm away after all he had done to get her to come along with him.

So, he gave her a small smile. "I can do what I can." He said. "But I'm the second in command, so it might be difficult to go that far from my city in order to track your parents down. But, I will ask the leader and see if he will grant me pardon. It might be some time before I am able to do so, however."

The bloodhound's nose lifted into the air. The two other Outsiders had moved, slightly closer to the encampment as before. They must have been taking it slow, maybe taking a break. Hopefully Torin would agree to go hunting with him after he made sure Storm was settled. It would be the perfect time to attack the other Outsiders if they weren't expecting something.

~~*~~

"Well, you didn't know before! I was uncertain before too, when I was approached. But then I went to the city and learned about how I could shift, and then I did. You get stronger once you shift as well! You can use a lot of your abilities as both a human and an animal as an advantage. I don't know who would teach you, usually its one of the scientists because they understand how shifters work more." Eric explained before his nose suddenly twitched.

"Oh no way, this is just too perfect." He turned to the raccoon. "How would you like to meet my best friend? As well as another shifter he just picked up - Looks like were both going to have to buy that drink.

~~*~~

Midnight listened to his twin's explanation about the collar while holding it up and turning it so he could get a good look. It was simple, blue-grey in color, and he could see the minuscule holes where the needles would shoot through.

At Leon's predicament, Midnight thought. What would be something that only them two could control? What did they have that was different than anyone else?

The answer hit him as clear as day. "What if we found a way to generate our venom into the mechanism to open it?" He suggested. "We could use our less powerful venom in small amounts so that it would only cause the wearer pain instead of death."
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 10:31 pm

Vulco couldn't help but laugh again at the girl. She definitely deserved that for making his job so much harder than it had to be.

When she began to pull off her shirt, he cleared his throat a bit and looked away, not really wanting to see her shirtless. Even if she didn't look completely like a girl, he didn't want to seem rude.

"Well, for now I'll be staying in this form. Just until you cool off a bit. And I mean your temper, of course. I'm sure that stream was pretty cold. Anyway, follow me."

He turned on the branch he was sitting on and spread his wings, gliding over to the next branch. He continued to do this, making sure to stay out of her reach, as he lead her back to her new home.

After a little while, he heard a noise and looked around to see a familiar black and gray creature. "Eric!" He greeted as he drifted over to see his friend, landing in the tree above him and looking at the raccoon he had with him.

"I see you've found a feral. My name is Vulco and that is Rowen." He gestured in the direction of the domestic that he was leading back. "What's your name?"

^*^

Even though Kite didn't sound that sure about being able to help her, Storm was still excited by the thought that he would. "Thank you so much!"

She smiled at him before glancing around again, still unsure about this other shifters. Why were they attacking each other?

As she looked around, she started to think about the fact that one of them was using a spear. This seemed a little odd to her, so she decided to question Kite further. "So... Those shifters that were attacking us. Why were they using spears? Wouldn't it be easier to get a gun like the humans use? Or even to just attack us in their animal form? I mean, no offence or anything, but wouldn't it be pretty easy to fight a bloodhound if they were something fierce enough?"

Storm hoped she wouldn't offend him, but in her mind, fighting a bloodhound would be easier than trying to throw a spear at one.

^*^

Makenna looked around when Eric said something about meeting his best friend. She didn't see anyone else around. Or anything else around for that matter.

Then, a moment later, she heard Eric's name being said by a cheerful voice and then saw a crow land above them. He seemed happy to see this lemur and she was just amazed that there was another animal that she could actually understand. Crows had never spoken to her before.

Then he began speaking to her instead of Eric. "Oh... My name is Makenna." She looked at the human that walked up and couldn't help but back away. She still didn't trust them at all. "Is that another shifter?"

^*^

Leon nodded eagerly at what Midnight was saying. "Excellent idea, as always, brother! We can also make it so, at the push of a button, we can inject our venom into the wearer. That way, if they decide not to obey, they will only feel pain. Much like a shock collar."

Leon took the collar back from Midnight and walked over to the table he had been working at before, beginning to make some adjustments to the collar. After a little while, he came back with the collar again. This time, the inside of the collar had 4 medium length needles sticking out and pointing toward the center.

"These needles will be the ones that we use to inject the wearer with our venom, meaning they will always need to be inside the neck. If the collar is pulled at, then venom will automatically be released. The only way the needles will retract is if we make them do that. I'm assuming we will be using some form of remote to control when which serum is injected.

"There will also be censors inside the collar that can tell the difference between the wearer trying to pull the collar off and shifting. This way, venom won't be injected if we order it to change forms and the collar has to grow or shrink."
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 10:46 pm

"I don't forget my revenge tactics." Rowen bit out, glaring at the bird. As soon as the crow came down from the trees, she would give him the best punch she could. If he wasn't beat back into his opposite form or whatever, she would be severely disappointed.

Rubbing fiercely at the water spotting her skin, she twisted her shirt with as much force as she could, imagining it to be Vulcan's head. "No shit that water was cold, dumbass." Rowen whipped her damp shirt in the crow's direction before balling it up and chucking it at him. It was a ratty shirt anyway, and it wasn't like she needed one.

"Why should I follow you? You're gonna lead me into a landfill under a cliff." She contemplated refusing to go, but she figured that she wouldn't get anywhere with revenge if he left her there, so she stormed along, making it very plainly clear that she was was only doing it out of annoyance. After a while though, she got fed up with him staying in his safe haven of trees.

"I'm not going a step further with you." She stated before promptly sitting on the ground, her legs crossed. "You're a coward who can't even stand up to a homeless person." Rowen leaned back, laying on the ground and putting her arms under her head.

She didn't pay any attention to the others that showed up, ignoring them completely. It wasn't in her interest, so she wouldn't care.

~~*~~

Kite stayed silent for a moment before turning his head slightly to look at her with one eye and said, "It's because a lot of us shifters can't stand the use of guns. Because of our animal senses, we are much more sensitive to hearing than regular humans. Guns can often disorient us to the point of temporary paralysation.

"As for the fact of why they use spears in the first place, usually we are travelling in groups, and a group of over three or so is highly risky to fight, even when it's only just two. So, instead they try to pick one of us off at first so we are distracted, and then they attack."

He turned his head more and smiled. "And are you underestimating me? Bloodhounds are a lot fiercer than you give us credit for!"

~~*~~

"Vulco, my man! Looks like we both had success! So does that mean you're buying the drink? Cause I distinctly heard that you were buying if we both won." Eric grinned before turning to the shifter that Vulco had found, who was lying on the ground. A Domestic, not that easy to find. He shifted to his human form, going over to the person.

"Hiya, Rowen! The name's Eric." The lemur shifter sat down and stuck his hand out to the boy, who, for some reason, didn't have a shirt on.

"Fuck off." The boy said, not even glancing at him.

Eric pouted. "Well that wasn't very nice. Good thing you're not a girl because-"

"I am a girl."

His eyebrows furrowed. "You're a...girl?"

"Yes."

"You're not a boy?"

"I am."

Eric blinked, confused. "Wait. So you're a girl."

"Yes."

"But you're also a boy?"

"Yes."

"What do you prefer to be called?" Eric asked.

"I don't care. Go away." Rowen said, glaring at him from the corners of her eyes.

Eric stood up. "Well, Vulco, you certainly got a handful."

~~*~~

Midnight nodded as his brother talked. "Yes, that sounds like a good plan. We should get started on the remote right away, before we test the collar. I don't want anything to interfere with the experiment."

"Melek!" He said sharply. The assistant practically materialised in front of him.

"Y-yes sir?" She asked in a small voice.

"How long do you think it will take to make and sync a remote to the collar?"

"U-um I c-can check on t-that right away, s-sir. At the m-most I would g-guess a couple d-days." She said, keeping her eyes down.

"That's not good enough. Have it ready sooner." Midnight scowled. He hated when assistants didn't look him in the eye. "Look me in the eye when I'm talking to you, Melek." His eyes seemed to glow when the mouse shifter hesitated before raising her shaking gaze to his.

"S-sorry sir. I-it won't h-happen again."

"I expect it won't. Inform the others of the remote."

"Y-yes sir." She darted away from him as fast as she could and he let out an exasperated sigh.

"Brother, I forget. Why did we choose her again?" He asked.
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top