Shifters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Shifters

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 10:47 pm

Vulco sighed at Rowen, seeing that her stubbornness was only going to make things even more difficult. He changed to his human form, sitting on the branch and rubbing his eyes as he shook his head.

"Eric, I can't even begin to explain to you how much of a pain this domestic is. And after this, I will gladly buy the drinks." He paused for a moment and glared down at Rowen. "Alright, kid, if you're going to act that way, I guess I owe you a free shot at me."

He jumped down from the tree, landing just beside the raccoon, who had been watching them with a curious expression. He then turned and walked to where Rowen was.

"Come on then, have at it." He looked down at her as she sat on the ground and waited for her to get up and punch him, tensing up slightly just in case she was planning on tricking him somehow. Or doing anything other than the one punch.

^*^

Storm listened to his explanation of the way they attacked and she thought that it made sense. Mostly. Then she shrugged at the last thing he said. "I haven't really spent much time around bloodhounds. I've seen a few, but they don't look that fierce..."

Storm quickly shook her head after saying that, thinking she might have offended him. "Not that you aren't! I mean, you did save my life. Thank you, for that. I just meant that... Compared to some other animals..."

At that point, she realized that anything else she would say wasn't going to help the situation at all, so she just gave up on talking.

^*^

Makenna watched the situation a while before walking up to Eric, glancing up at him. "So... Do you guys usually force others against their will to join you? Were you going to make me go with you if I decided not to willingly?"

She glanced at Rowen, thinking that maybe she should have just kept going instead of going back to talk to the lemur.

^*^

Leon set the collar down next to the various kinds of serums and looked at the bear in the cage as he listened to his brother give one of the assistants orders. If they were good assistants, then they wouldn't need to be given orders. He shook his head slightly, thinking about how incompetent everyone else really was. Aside from Midnight and himself, of course.

He turned his attention back to Midnight once the assistant had left. "I haven't the slightest idea. Perhaps for the sake of having a disposable assistant around? Well, not that our other assistants are in any way valuable or indispensable."

He glared at the other assistants as he said this, as if reminding them that they didn't matter. This caused a few of them to scurry away, afraid that he was getting ready to use them for the next experiment right then. He gave a slight smile of satisfaction at this before looking at Midnight again. "What do you suggest we do next, brother?"
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Rowen raised her eyebrow at the kid comment. And at the free shot. Really at the whole comment. "About five minutes ago, I probably would have been ecstatic. But now, ugh, that's just way too much work for me to really bother with. I'd rather just lie here on the ground." It didn't really matter that twigs and pebbles were digging into her back. It was just really too much effort to get up.

But since he was practically insisting, she figured she better do it anyway.

"You're such a pain, you know that?" She said, annoyed, and sat up, picking herself to her feet. "Geez, can't you even punch yourself for me? God, I have to do all the work."

Curling the fingers on one hand into a fist, she stared at them for a moment, brushing her other hand over them before shrugging and looking at the man. He was taller than her, that was definite, but it didn't really matter to her.

Scowling, she let her fist fly, her hand impacting hard with his cheek, enough to knock him to the ground (hope you don't mind the slight control of your character!). "Oh good, now you're lying down too. I was planning on going there myself."

She dropped to the ground again, resuming the same position as before.

~~*~~

Kite laughed, genuinely. "Don't worry." He said with a twinkle in his eyes. "I was just teasing. Bloodhounds aren't the strongest out there, not by a long shot, but we can definitely hold our own when we need to. And the droopy faces do tend to make us look harmless to others, I agree."

"But what about you? You said that you've met other bloodhounds. How much do you travel around? Have you ever stayed in one place?"

It wouldn't be long now. They were almost at the encampment.

~~*~~

The lemur shook his head as Vulco got knocked over by a single punch. "You just got punched down by a Domestic man. That's low, even for you." He teased before turning to the raccoon.

Eric rubbed the back of his neck consciously at Makenna's question. "That's really s difficult question to answer. At times, yes, we will force a shifter to come with us, but that doesn't happen often and it's only when our own necks are on the line really. Most of the time we ask and persist because we know that we can help the shifter and they will live a better life. You, no, I wouldn't have forced to come with me. I was going to leave you back there, but then you came after me, so..." He trailed off.

~~*~~

Midnight looked at the clock and sighed. "While our incompetent assistants figure out what to do, I'm rather hungry. I think it's time for a break, what do you think, brother?"

~~*~~

Melek burst into the tech room, on the verge of tears. Danny was, as usual, in the room and, alone, and she instantly darted over, throwing her arms around him and burying her face into his chest. They weren't related or in a relationship, but he was the only one who she could actually count on despite him not seeming to care about her.

She couldn't even say anything, for the fear if she did she would actually start crying.
HowlingWolf
Admin

View user profile http://letuscontinue.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 11:13 pm

It took Rowen a lot longer than he expected to actually get up and hit him. Vulco had expected her to be excited, but she just acted like it was a difficult task. He couldn't help but roll his eyes at her.

Then she took a while to actually hit him. In that time, he had let his guard down a little. And of course, as soon as he didn't expect it, she swung her fist at him, knocking him to the side.

Of course, moments after he hit the ground, Rowen herself sat back down too. Vulco sighed and pulled himself up, brushing off the dirt and rubbing the side of his face where she had hit him. "You hit pretty hard, kid. I'm impressed."

He then turned to Eric once he had finished speaking with Makenna. "Don't think I didn't notice your hands, Eric! Torn up by a simple raccoon?" He glanced down at the feral, who glared back up at him. "I thought you were better than that." He gave Eric a disappointed look, though it was obvious he was joking.

Then he turned to look at Rowen. "And as much as I would love for you to just stay here and probably starve to death, I'm not that kind of a person. So..." He then proceeded to bend down and pick her up, throwing her over his shoulder. "I'll do you a favor and carry you the rest of the way. Aren't I just a great person?"

He glanced over at Eric and motioned for him to follow. "Come on, let's get them back. The sooner we get back and get them settled in, the sooner we can go get those drinks."

^*^

Storm shrugged her shoulders a little. "I've seen them when their owners take them for walks on nature trails. I guess I travel quite a bit, I have for years now. Before that I lived in a cabin in the middle of a forest, but then my parents left..."

She trailed off and stared ahead of her for a moment, before shaking her head and continuing. "After they left, I went out on my own and haven't stayed in the same place since."

She paused again, though it wasn't as long as before. "What about you? What's your story?"

^*^

Leon nodded in agreement. "It is getting to be rather late, isn't it? I guess we can leave the lab in their care for a while. Assuming they won't destroy anything while we are gone."

With that, Leon turned away from the shifter in the cage and walked up the stairs to leave the lab. They didn't normally go out into town, mainly because there was no need. So, Leon (and I'm assuming Midnight) walked back to their small apartment, which was in the same building as the lab.

The lab was quite literally an underground operation. There was a building at the far end of the town which basically looked like an old hotel. A few shifters lived there, but the building was, for the most part, abandoned. The entrance to the lab was in the basement and very well hidden in a maze of hallways and behind stacks of old crates.

Their apartment was on the top floor of the building, though. The assistants normally lived in the basement somewhere in the halls and old rooms. Leon and Midnight couldn't be associated with that kind of living so instead chose the best room on the top floor. Not that it mattered too much. They rarely spent time there.

The room was a simple one, having a two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a rather empty living room. It only contained two desks that they would work at if they didn't want to work at the lab and an old couch.

Unlocking the door, Leon entered and walked into the kitchen, opening the fridge to see what they had. "Aside from the bear almost crushing you, I'd say this has been a successful day."

Leon looked over at Midnight with a look of concern on his face, though only Midnight could recognize any sign of emotion that Leon might display. "How are you feeling?"

OOC- A rare sighting! Leon having actual human emotions!

^*^

Danny had been messing with a small unrecognizable machine in the tech room. He normally referred to it as his room since he hardly ever left it. There was even a bed and mini fridge in one corner of it.

He didn't even have time to think about what was happening as Melek came into the room and wrapped her arms around him. He dropped the electronic on the counter and blinked down at her, not really sure what to do.

"Um..." Was all her could manage to say before he awkwardly patted her on the back in a sorry attempt to comfort her. "Is this about the twins? Let me guess... Midnight? He's usually the one to scold the assistants..."

Danny seemed to be talking more to himself than to Melek. After another moment of the embrace, he led her over to where his makeshift bed was and sat her down on it. "You can go ahead and stay there for as long as you want. Sleep if you want to, I wasn't planning on doing that for a while anyway."

As he spoke, he walked back to where he had been working and sat down on a stool, picking up the machine and starting to mess with it again.
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 11:15 pm

"Wow. You're my knight in shining armor." Rowen said drily as she was tossed over Vulcan's shoulder. She was tempted to push on his back and slide out, but that would mean hitting the ground, possibly on her head, and she couldn't be bothered by the chance of getting a concussion. Better to just have all the walking done for her.

"And what's the deal with you calling me kid? I'm probably only a couple years younger you know." She said, digging her elbow into his spine as she rested her hand on her chin. Rowen could hear the white and black haired man having a riot over her predicament, but she could care less. Although she could understand that someone carrying a strange person over their shoulder was bound to get some looks.

Then Eric ran after him, gently picking up Makenna. "I hope ya don't mind, miss." He told her as he ran to catch up. "I'll let you walk if you really want."

~~*~~

"Bloodhounds with their owns are a lot more tame than those who live in the alleys. It's just like a feral cat." Kite answered. At her question though, he fell silent.

A few seconds later he pointed through the trees and said, "Look, there's the city." He walked forwards until he broke the tree line, the guards in front of the wall nodding his direction and beginning to open the gate.

"I know it looks bad, but this is for our protection, trust me. All I'm asking is that you at least stay the night, and then you can leave." He was slightly nervous. The wall made the city look more like a fortress which, in hindsight, it kind of was. More to keep others in though than keep them out.

Torin would most likely sense him returning, and since he was returning, he would probably assume there would be good results. Kite wouldn't come back empty handed for Torin. Anyone else maybe, but not him.

~~*~~

Midnight followed his twin to their apartment, snagging a bottle of sweet tea* as his brother opened the fridge before going over to the window and staring out. His brother's question made him look back, seeing his brother's expression. He became aware again of the dull pulsing in his side, the pain having been forced to the back of his mind to continue work.

He pulled his shirt up, grimacing at the black and purple bruise that stretched across his ribcage. "Well it doesn't look too pretty, that's for sure." His shirt dropped back down and she took a swig from the bottle. "But I'll be fine."

The snake shifter turned and looked out of the window again. Various shifters walked along in the streets, whether on their own or in groups. It didn't matter the form they were in. With his sharp eyesight, Midnight could make out the individual human's characteristics or the species of animal.

From where he stood, he could even see a little bit above the wall and into the forest. He couldn't even remember the last time he had been out in the physical town, much less outside of the walls. Probably not since he and his twin quote-unquote 'joined' Torin.

OOC - *What do ya know, the usually emotionless snake scientist has an addiction for sweet tea. And they can show emotions when not around others Razz

~~*~~

Melek sniffed as Danny sat her down on the bed, her eyes watering as white and brown hair fell into her face. Shakily she swept it away, only to have it fall back again.

"T-they want t-the remote s-sooner." She whispered, pressing her trembling hands into the bed. Even if she laid down straight on the bed, she would barely take up half of it. "A-and I d-don't want to t-take your b-bed. I-I can j-just g-go if y-you want. S-sorry for b-bothering you." The mouse shifter stood up from the bed, wiping her eye with the heel of her hand.
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Vulco let out a small chuckle at her 'knight in shining armor' comment. Even if it was sarcastically, most women didn't use that phrase to describe him.

He easily held her in a firm grip as they walked toward the town, wincing a little as she dug her elbows into his back. He didn't say anything about it though. "I keep calling you kid because you're about as mature as a 5 year old. And that's coming from me. Ask Eric, I don't usually act mature or serious."

Vulco glanced sideways at Eric as he said this, seeing his response. Vulco rarely acted mature unless it was a serious situation. Even then, it wasn't much of an improvement. Then when him and Eric would get together, there was nothing adult about them. Well, aside from the drinking and such.

When he looked at Eric, he saw that he was carrying the raccoon, who didn't protest at being picked up, but didn't seem that comfortable with the situation. Vulco guessed it was the fact that she was being taken from her home and not just that she was being carried by a human.

After a while more of walking, the city came into site. Vulco spun around, swinging Rowen pretty fast as he went to face Eric, still walking as he did this. "So, you wanna take that one," He gestured to Makenna, "To the zoo* while I get this kid checked in? Then I'll meet you at the Devil's Den. I'll buy."

He spun back around and continued in toward the city.

OOC- *The zoo is just a nickname for the place they keep ferals until they learn how to shift. Basically just a fenced off part of the forest within the city that would seem more like home to most ferals.

^*^

Storm didn't say anything else as she waited for his response, but, to her disappointment, she didn't get one. She only thought it was fair since she had told him her story.

When he pointed ahead, though, she forgot all about her question. Her steps slowed down until she came to a complete stop, taking in the city. It seemed... Strange. It sort of reminded her of a prison, but she had only seen those from far away. There was more barbed wire outside of a prison, though.

After a few seconds of staring at it, she quickly caught up to Kite, still looking curiously at the city in front of them. Her uncertainties about staying returned to her as she approached the city. It looked like a place that wouldn't let her go and she didn't like that. It had been so long since she stayed in one place for more than two days.

However, she kept reminding herself that this was for the city's protection. "I guess I can stay for one night..." Storm thought for a moment then looked over at Kite, finally pulling her eyes from the city in front of them. "You never answered my question, though. I mean, I told you my story."

^*^

Leon shook his head slightly when his brother took the sweet tea. He had never understood why any type of tea could taste good to anyone, yet Midnight drank it like his life depended on it. Leon settled for a glass of lemonade before looking over at his brother.

The bruises looked painful and Leon guessed that Midnight wasn't going to tell him how much it actually hurt. After finishing the glass of lemonade, he walked back into the small bathroom and grabbed a bottle of pain killers before going back to the living room. He tossed them to Midnight as he said, "There should help."

Then he went back to the kitchen and poured another glass of lemonade. As he drank it, he leaned his elbows on the counter and stared out the window past Midnight, though he couldn't see down onto the street.

^*^

Danny let out a short sigh as she said they wanted the remote sooner, though he was careful about not sounding annoyed. He didn't want Melek to think he was mad at her.

Then he turned his head slightly to face her, though he continued to work on the small machine in his hand. "Stay, I'm not going to sleep any time soon anyway." The way he said that sounded half way between an invitation and a command. After he said it, though, he simply turned away and continued to work.

After a few moment of silence, he spoke again. "You should try not to stutter as much. I know you're not that confident, but some amount of confidence will help you live longer here. Even if it's fake confidence."
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 11:20 pm

"You know, most people would call what you're doing to me kidnapping. Last time I checked that is against my rights as a human being. One would likely act very much like me in this situation. You're lucky that I'm not pressing charges." Rowen said flatly, not bothering to adjust their position on the back of the man. They did, however, roll their eyes towards the guy with the white and black hair. His face was twisted in an effort to not laugh.

Rowen was silent the rest of the time, really just bored out of their mind but refusing to make conversation with the idiot that was carrying them.

Eric, on the other hand, couldn't have talked more. He kept the raccoon close to his chest so she wouldn't be jostled too much and spoke about his old life as a lemur and how he used to belong to someone before he ran away and lived on his own. He was very vague about the time with the supposed owner though. Once the city came into view though, he switched his topic to what he usually did in the city when he wasn't out on runs.

"Sure thing." Eric said to Vulco, grinning before going up to Rowen. "At least try to smile! It's not that bad here. Better than your old life, I guarantee it." He flashed them a smile before going off in another direction before they could reply.

Rowen was silent until Eric disappeared and then they snapped their leg up and popped Vulco in the arm. "Why can't you be like your friend there, Vulcan? Would have saved you the embarrassment of having to carry a person into the gates over your shoulder."

~~*~~

Kite's eyes lightened when Storm agreed to come with him. He knew he probably should have felt remorse for tricking her like this, but he felt more glad that he had been able to accomplish Torin's task and live up to his expectations.

As he walked in, Storm at his side, none of the guards said anything, hardly even glancing in their direction. All of them except one, an incredibly short woman with grey hair, grey eyes, and an equally grey personality. She stared him down, like checking to make sure he wasn't going to break a sliver off the wall before turning back around and resuming her position.

He didn't speak for a while after Storm's request. When he did, it wasn't much. "I know you told me yours. I'm glad for it. But I don't really like sharing my past. It was a difficult time for me. The only good part about it was meeting Torin, and that is the only thing you need to know." The last sentence got quiet, as if all the memories that he wasn't talking about were coming back to him.

~~*~~

Midnight caught the bottle of pills almost without thinking, his arm snapping up and catching the flying object that was coming towards him. "Painkillers?" He mused before popping the bottle open and downing two of the pills with a drink of his tea. After a moment, he glared down into the drink before frowning and going over to the fridge to swipe another and joining his brother.

"Such a life we have here, don't we?" Midnight said after a while of silence. "Never thought we'd end up in a place like this. Did you?"

~~*~~

Melek flinched at his sigh, sure that it was directed at her, but his next words were what made her freeze and slowly sit back down onto the bed. "Oh, b-but I couldn't d-do that...i-it would be l-lying a-and i don't...I d-don't think I-I would b-be able to...c-confidence just d-doesn't...I c-can't..." A long, hairless tail wrapped around from her back and she took it in her hands, rubbing the tip nervously like she would playing with her hands. "B-but t-thank you f-for letting m-me stay h-here. I-I really a-appreciate it..."
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 11:21 pm

Vulco laughed at her kidnapping comment. And the fact that she thought she still had those rights where they were going. Of course, there was no way for her to know what he was getting her into. He couldn't say he felt bad about the situation, though.

He listened to his friend talk for the rest of their journey. He was glad Eric was there to distract him from the annoyance he currently held over his shoulder. When he glanced over at the raccoon, he noticed she just looked nervous. He also noticed that Eric looked kind of like a little kid hugging a toy bear to his chest. That made him chuckled quietly, but Eric didn't seem to notice.

Once they reached the gates, Vulco gave a nod to Eric as he ran off to take in his catch of the day. All things considered, this had actually been a pretty successful day.

Then he felt her foot hit his arm, though he couldn't say it hurt. He rolled his eyes at what the girl said. "I'm more like him than you know. We're practically twins. He just didn't have to spend as much time with you as I had to, so he probably seemed nicer.

"Plus, this isn't at all embarrassing to me. Believe it or not, there are more annoying and difficult domestics out there than you. Nah, if I were you, then I'd be embarrassed."

As he spoke, he walked through the gates, giving a nod to the guards that he walked past and shooting a wink at a certain short guard with grey hair and eyes. Not that it meant anything, but he always thought it was fun to press his luck and see how annoyed he could make her. He wasn't even trying at the moment.

He continued to walk into the city, getting a few looks from passing citizens, but overall no one seemed to think it strange. Apparently, this was a normal occurrence for Vulco.

Once they reached a large building that looked somewhat like a hotel, Vulco walked in and went up to the counter, still holding Rowen in a firm grip. "Good evening, Margy! I've got a delivery for you and I was also wondering how many of my other hunters have returned."

Margaret, the woman behind the desk, just smiled and shook her head at the man. "Actually, quite a few have returned. Everyone that you sent out last week got back shortly after you left this morning. Even a few from this morning came back. whatever you said to them, it worked because they were making sure I had their names down for bringing someone in."

Vulco smiled at her, "Yeah, well any time Torin decides he wants something done fast, no one is going to question his motives. What room will this one be in?"

Margy flipped through a few papers and then shook her head slightly. "Um... Sorry to say this, but... Because of the increase in numbers, we don't actually have a place for her..."

Vulco's friendly face quickly changed to one of horror and he dropped Rowen on the ground, sitting up onto the desk and snatching the papers from her. "That hasn't happened before! Come on, can't you double up on rooms or something?" He knew the answer already, though and dropped the papers onto the desk. "Fine, I'll take care of it. Her name is Rowen. Make sure you get her checked in. Just list her temporary residence with me."

With that, Vulco picked up Rowen again, tossing her over his shoulder and leaving the building, making his way down the street again. "I guess I'm stuck with you, then. Maybe I can pawn you off to Eric..."

^*^

Storm looked at the guards as the passed, quickly looking away when she made eye contact with the short one. Something about her unsettled Storm. She didn't like it.

She looked around the city again, not truly believing that everyone around her were also shifters.

Storm turned her attention back to Kite when he started talking to her again and she couldn't help but feel a little sorry for him. His voice had changed and she thought that maybe he was thinking about his past.

"Sorry to bring it up..." She thought quickly, trying to change the subject. "So... Is everyone here really a shifter? How is this possible? I didn't think there were any others like me. Or at least, not this many."

^*^

Leon continued to stare out the window and then shook his head slightly in response to Midnight. "No... Then again, we never knew that a place like this existed."

He set his empty glass down and and stretched, popping his back and shoulders before putting the dish into the sink. "Our past doesn't matter now anyway. All we have to worry about are our subjects in the lab. And, of course, whatever our "Lord" asks of us. "

Leon thought for a moment. "Do you regret the choices we made in coming here? It was already rather corrupted when we arrived, but I don't think we are at all threatened by any of that."

^*^

Danny glanced at her from his work, though his hands didn't stop working on his current project. "Sure you can. It's not really lying. It's surviving."

He looked back down at his hands and continued to speak after a moment. "If you can't even pretend to save your life, I'm not sure how long you can last down here. Didn't you ever play pretend when you were a kid?"

At first, he didn't even register what he had just said. Then he realized that he basically just told her that she was going to die soon working here. He spun around in his chair. "Oh, I didn't mean that you were going to die! It's just... I've been here a while and the assistants that at least act like they know what to do normally last longer. Not that a lot of assistants die, but sometimes... Stuff happens, you know? The twins aren't exactly... Nice. And..."

Danny just trailed off when he realized that the more he talked, the worse it sounded. He spun back around in his chair and gave up on trying to make it better. "I just don't want to see you needlessly die, alright?"
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 11:22 pm

Once Eric ran off with the raccoon, Rowen was left alone with Vulco. They were silent a few seconds after his comment, as if thinking it over. "Nah," Rowen said, "pretty sure you're just a dick. And being embarrassed is way too much work so I think I'll just remain bored while you continue to flirt with people who have absolutely no interest." They looked at the short woman with the grey hair, catching her eyes for a second and watching as she continued scowling and looked back. "Hey look me and her have something in common."

The few people that actually passed and looked over didn't comment, instead seeming to examine the shirtless person slung over Vulco's shoulder that had their hand on their chin and was looking more bored than anything else, but soon lost interest as they passed by.

Rowen didn't say anything as they entered a building and hardly paid attention to what the lady behind the counter was saying. They heard something about returning, names, and a Torin, which sounded like a name. And then, of course, they were just dropped on the ground. At first, Rowen didn't move, grumbling something about moving being too much of an effort but after a moment they sat up cross legged and just stared at the desk lady and Vulcan until he decided to come over and pick them back up again.

"I don't know whether to thank you or...well, no, thank you. Cause hey look, free transportation." Rowen said, resuming their original position with their chin in their palm. "And nah, I think I'll request to stay with you. Cause then you'll have to give me clothes and food and everything to make sure I don't die and I can keep on creeping you out by just randomly stripping off my shirt. Sounds like a good deal."

~~*~~

"Makenna, are you sure that you're going to be alright here? I mean, I can request for a temporary stay at my house instead, if you're uncomfortable." Eric said to the raccoon as he knelt down, sitting her on the ground.

It hadn't taken long for him to get to the zoo and once he had gotten there, Sarah, the secretary of the zoo and organiser for the Ferals, had greeted him with her usually bubbly personality. She had immediately taken a liking to Makenna, fawning over her and saying that she had such pretty fur and gorgeous eyes for a raccoon but didn't hold her for fear that she would scare the Feral. Having used to be a Feral herself, the rabbit shifter knew what it was like to come to the compound at first. Usually the one being brought in would only let the one bringing them near them, or at least hold them. She assumed that this raccoon would be no different, especially with how she already looked so nervous.

"Eric, you know that's against the rules." Sarah scolded, wagging a finger at him as he turned his head to look back. "She has to stay here and you know it. We have plenty of room here. Now go on and go to your buddy. I just know that he's waiting for you, probably at that silly bar you two are always going to together." She paused. "Don't let that Tasmanian Devil know I called her bar silly. I don't feel like losing an ear. But go on, get." She made a shooing motion with her hands, grinning widely at Makenna. "I promise, if you need anything at all, just come over and ask me. I'll be happy to help."

~~*~~

"Oh, no, it's fine. Just my way of dealing with things." He cleared his throat and nodded, sweeping his arm before him at the passerbys. "But yes, everyone you see here is a shifter. Our community has built slowly, but we gain more every week, usually every couple days. Each person here has a past, and it's usually a rough one. Ask someone about it and more often then not they won't answer completely. But here is a better life for shifters. The humans don't know about us. We can live in peace here." Kite offered Storm a small smile.

"If you want, I can bring you to the leader now. Or you could rest a bit and I could get him and bring him back. I don't know if he would be willing to come and meet you, but I could always give it a try."

~~*~~

Midnight turned around, leaning the backs of his forearms and elbows on the rail and looked at his brother, not speaking. "I don't necessarily think we made the wrong choice." He stated after a long moment. "Whether or not it was the right choice is a hard one to make. Do I regret it? No, I don't think so. Not for the time, in any case. Might I in the future, who can say? We're too valuable to let go to waste, but too knowledgeable to risk anything with. might he decide that we're too much trouble to keep eventually? Probably. But for now, we're away from the humans, we can do what we want, and we can do everything without ridicule. It's just a matter of what the future holds."

~~*~~

"P-pretend? N-no, I could never...I-I could never p-play such a s-selfish g-game..." Melek fell to the side, her head hitting the blankets on the bed while her legs continued to dangle off the side. Her white and brown hair drifted over her like a blanket, covering her mouth and nose as her eyelids wavered. "I...I c-can't...I d-don't k-know what t-to say t-to that...No one...n-no one's e-ever s-said th-that..." She sniffed, curling her hands against her chest as her tail wrapped around her legs and eyes slid shut despite her best efforts.

OOC - Melek is so adorable
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 11:24 pm

Vulco laughed at what she said, acting like he was doing her a favor. "You know, I would say thank you. I missed my workout today, so I guess lifting you is enough. You hardly weigh anything though..."

"And who ever said I had to feed you? Or even keep you alive? MY job is to just bring you to this god-forsaken city." He continued to walk down the street, passing larger apartment buildings and a few houses. After they passed all those buildings, they came to an old run down building. There were a few people coming in and out, but it didn't look as populated as the rest of the buildings.

He turned into that building, which even smelled old and musty. "Home sweet home," He muttered as he walked toward the staircase. Before going up the staircase, he set her down and stretched briefly before picking her up in his other arm.

He then continued to go up the stairs at a fairly brisk pace, going up five floors before reaching the 6th, which was the top. He paused for a moment at the top of the stairs and then walked down to the end of the hallway and opened the already unlocked door to his apartment.

Once they were inside, he walked through the living room, which was just a couch, some workout equipment, and a lot of dirty clothes scattered everywhere. He walked into the only bedroom and threw her onto the bed, glancing out the window to see that it was almost dark already.

He walked over to the closet and grabbed a new shirt, taking off the one he was currently wearing and tossing it onto the bed next to Rowen, along with the many other clothes scattered about that room.

Before putting on his shirt, if she had been looking, Rowen probably would have noticed that his torso was covered in a few small scars and one that looked a lot like 3 large claw marks. It started at his lower back and wrapped around to his front, ending at just under his throat.

Once he put his new shirt on, he faced Rowen. "Make yourself at home, I guess. I'm going out. Um... You can sleep in the bed, I'll take the couch. The bathroom is pretty decent if you want to shower and take whatever clothes you want." He turned and started walking out the door. "I'm not going to bother to tell you not to mess anything up. I do a good enough job of that on my own." He waited for a reply before actually shutting the door, just in case she had something else to say to him.

^*^

Makenna looked around her nervously as she saw her new surroundings. Apparently this was where she was going to stay from now on. She wasn't that sure about it. She looked up at Eric, listening to his offer and actually considering taking it. At least she kind of knew him.

She saw the other person and wasn't too nervous around her. At least this person seemed nice too. However, she said that it was against the rules for Eric to take her. Well, then there was no point in taking him up on his offer. "Uh, do you think you could come visit me or something?"

She felt stupid for asking him that, but he was the only person she knew. And she kind of felt bad for scratching up his hands. Makenna nodded to the woman that was saying to ask her for anything if she needed it.

Makenna took another look at her surroundings, wondering what she was supposed to do now. "So... Do I just... Go? What am I supposed to do?"

^*^

Storm looked around as he gestured at the people, still not quite believing that they were all shifters.

Then her eyes widened a bit when he mentioned meeting the leader. She wasn't that great around people and she guessed that meeting someone powerful and important wouldn't go over that well for her. "Oh, I don't need to meet him. I mean, unless he wanted to meet me..."

She continued to walk beside Kite. "I won't be staying that long anyway... Where a I going to be staying, anyway?"

^*^

Leon shrugged. "I doubt the future holds too much of a threat for us. We're too valuable for Torin to just get rid of, but you are right saying that we know too much. IF anything does happen, we can always just escape. We're good at that."

Leon was silent for a few moments after that, lost in thought. "Would you like to return to the lab, or do you think we've put in enough work for the night?"

^*^

Danny laughed and muttered to himself, "Selfish?" but let her keep talking. Interrupting her probably wouldn't help anything.

After a little while of silence, he considered saying something else, but instead glanced behind him to look at her. He was a little surprised to see her asleep, but understood why she fell asleep. That bed was comfortable. That and she had probably been through a lot...

He stretched and yawned, looking at his clock, but continuing to work. It wasn't that late and he didn't want to get yelled at for not finishing it. No, it was best to just get his work done and hide out in this room. He had lived like that for a long time now.

OOC- I agree about Melek. And I really like these two characters that we have made. I'm excited to see further interaction between them.
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Mon May 11, 2015 11:25 pm

"Don't stretch that brain of yours too much. I don't think it can handle it." Rowen said. "Don't get worked up over a little schedule. Besides, I doubt you would have even bothered dealing with me if you didn't have to make sure I stayed alive." They shifted positions on Vulcan's shoulder, beginning to drum their fingers on his back. Fuck, this was taking forever.

As soon as they entered the building where he presumably lived, Rowen's nose twitched, getting use to the scent of what smelled almost like rotting stone. But then again, Rowen had always been able to smell odd things or smell certain things stronger, so they didn't act upon it. When the man put them down, stretched, and picked them back up again, this time with his other arm, Rowen's eyes narrowed. "You know, for someone who was saying how I was remarkably lightweight before, you seem to be having difficulty carrying me up some stairs. What do you lift, blades of grass with dandelions on the ends?"

On the way up the stairs, Rowen had resumed their finger drumming, counting the stairs he took out of boredom. They had just gotten to 82 when he stopped heading up and instead switched to walking down a hallway until they reached the end. Once Vulcan opened the door and pretty much threw them on the bed, Rowen didn't even move other than to throw their arms out. "Oh look, an actual bed. Can't remember the last time I've seen one of these, much less used one."

Fabric hit their side, but Rowen didn't even evert their eyes, hardly even paying attention to what Vulcan had to say before leaving. Something about sleeping, clothes, and a shower. But other than than, they ignored him completely until he left the room. And even then, it was a good five or ten minutes before they even sat up, their nose twitching in disgust as they reached down and plucked a long-rotten apple core from directly under the bed. The rotten fruit smell permeated the room, so much so that Rowen wondered how Vulcan even entered the room without complaining.

However, after a moment, they shrugged. If Rowen couldn't remember the last time they were able to use a bed, then they for sure didn't remember how to use the machine that shot out water. So, it was time to explore the shower.

~~*~~

Eric looked at the raccoon and grinned, his face lighting up. "Of course I'll visit you! I'll even be back tonight, how's that? I'll even bring back a treat that you've never tasted before, guaranteed deliciousness!"

He heard a small noise and opened his eyes to see Sarah glaring pointedly at him. "I have to go Makenna, but promise, i'll be back later!" He stood and darted out of the enclosure, waving at her one final time before disappearing around the corner.

In response to the raccoon's question, Sarah smiled warmly. "Yup! You're free to do whatever you want in here. I can stay here and talk with you if you want - I can imagine how scary it must be. I remember doing it myself. If you want to talk more and ask me questions, I can. There are some other Feral shifters in here that are aware of their condition of being a shifter but haven't quite mastered the process of shifting yet. They might be interesting to talk to as well. Who knows, we might even get in a new Feral before very long and you won't be the new shifter around!"

~~*~~

As Kite and Storm walked past the people in the streets, he noticed out of the corner of his eye how some of them glanced over, fearful of him as if he would turn and Torin would appear at his side and order him to drag them off. They weren't too far off. It had happened before. More times than he really cared to think about. It didn't make a difference to him, as long as Torin was please with him. That was really the only motive here.

"I'll bring you to the place where you can stay tonight. Once I get you there though, I have to leave to meet Torin. If you decide to stay, we can get a more permanent living arrangement."

It didn't take long for them to arrive at a small apartment where he went up a couple flights of stairs and led her to a room, opening the door for her. The room was very sparsely furnished, only having a bed and a coffee table with a single chair and not one corner was out of line. The bedsheets were in simple colors of white and tan, which matched the wood flooring and the small fridge that was hidden in one corner. "You can stay in here for the night. I'm going to have to be going out again soon, I'm sure, but I'll be back later to check on you if you want. Clothes are in the closet, food and drink in the fridge, and any other utilities fully functional."

OOC - I just love Kite's loyalty to Torin and how as long as Torin says he does a good job he's happy. Also, you can just skip to the part where Kite is with Torin, unless you want Kite to go and find him, or if Storm has a question.

~~*~~

His twin was right. They were good at escaping. Maybe too good. He wouldn't be surprised if some people were still looking for them and hadn't presumed them dead by now or even if they had noticed they left their room in the first place.

Midnight didn't respond to the question for a few minutes. "I think we're good for the night. It's been an eventful day. Results of today were good though. We're only one step further in achieving just the small things we want to do, and there's good in that."

The snake shifter turned and looked at his brother, not saying anything, just looking. It wasn't uncommon for them to do that.
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Mon May 11, 2015 11:26 pm

Vulco left his apartment, locking the door and then briefly wondering if he made a mistake in leaving her there alone. Then he realized that he hardly even spent time in there and he had it pretty trashed already. How much worse could it get?

He then made his way quickly down the street, hoping to beat Eric to the Devil's Den. At least that way he could have one win for the day. When he did get there, he practically ran down the steps that lead to the underground bar, which was basically just a basement that the owner had just remodeled.

He burst through the door and looked around, seeing no one besides the short, grouchy looking woman standing behind the bar. She looked at Vulco with her usually angry expression. Of course, she wasn't angry, that was just how she looked at people, which was probably one reason it wasn't a very populated bar most nights.

Vulco smiled triumphantly as he sauntered into the bar and sat down on one of the stools. "Hey Tes, how was your day?" He paused for a moment as he waited for a reply. "I'll take that silence as 'I had a great day, thanks for asking Vulco!' Anyway, Eric's meeting me here, so I need two drinks. Don't care what they are. I know how much you love to surprise us."

As he spoke, he glanced toward the door. It was amazing how this place always put him in such a great mood. Even when he knew that he would return to some ungrateful pest currently taking up space in his home.

^*^

Makenna listened to what the woman told her, looking around as she spoke. Everything seemed strange to her. It all seemed... Unreal. Not just the fact that she was apparently some sort of magical creature that could change shape.

The place she was expected to live in was what she noticed first. It didn't seem like a real forest, more like a fenced of area she wouldn't be able to escape from. She also didn't believe that this place was as great as everyone made it sound.

She sighed once the woman was done speaking and walked into the area that they referred to as 'the zoo'. She figured she might as well get comfortable. After a little while of searching, she found a rather nice looking tree and climbed it, going up until she found a nice spot to make a resting place.

Once she was comfortable, she laid down on the large branch and looked down, trying to see if there were any other shifters. After a short time, though, she yawned and realized that she was starting to drift off to sleep.

^*^

Storm followed Kite into the room that she would be temporarily staying in. She looked around and then turned back to Kite. "Thank you for bringing me here and offering to help me. I don't think I'll be staying here for too long, but it was nice to meet you."

Storm looked around the room quickly again before looking back to Kite. "Thanks again." Once he was gone, she began to explore, seeing what kind of food was in the fridge and looking around the rest of the small apartment like room. She had never really been in a place like this, at least not for a long time.

Finally, after she was satisfied with her search, she laid down on the bed and stared up at the ceiling, starting to plan out her next few days.

^*^

Leon stared down at the empty glass he held in his hand as Midnight spoke. He thought back to the tests they had done. They had been very successful that day. He couldn't wait to get new subjects to perform more experiments on. Maybe they could finally have some exciting news to share with Torin. At least they could say that one of his outrageous expectations were finally met.

When Midnight stopped talking, Leon looked up and met his brother's gaze. He held eye contact for a few moments before looking back down at his glass and setting it in the sink. "Well then, I think I am going to turn in for the night."

^*^

It wasn't common knowledge where Torin went when he wasn't giving orders or watching the battles in the arena. Of course, Kite always knew where to go. Even if he didn't, it probably wouldn't take him long to find Torin.

When Kite had arrived, Torin was simply sitting at a desk in a dark room. The only light was from a dim lamp sat on the corner of the desk. There were a few papers scattered in front of him, but he wasn't concerned with those. He was just staring blankly at the wall through blood red eyes.

When Kite walked it, Torin didn't move. It even looked like Torin hadn't heard anyone enter, but, of course, he had. After a few more moments of staring, he spoke in a calm voice. "I trust you brought back another shifter today?"

Without even waiting for a reply, Torin stood up, turned to face Kite, and pushed the chair into place under the desk in one swift motion. He didn't even need Kite to answer him. He knew that if Kite hadn't found anyone, then he wouldn't be back in the city. "Good work."

He walked across the dark room and stood in front of Kite. "Report?"
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Tue May 12, 2015 6:34 am

It didn't take long for Rowen to figure out the controls of the shower, limited as they were. In Rowen's case, it could have been argued that the longer it had been since someone's used an actual shower, the easier it was to figure out how to work a new one. The theory seemed logical, seeing as it only took less than a minute to figure out the hot and cold sides, despite there being no label.

Likewise, Rowen was almost led straight to a clean towel by her nose, which detected the only clean smelling thing besides soap in the bathroom. It wasn't that the bathroom was overly filthy, thinking back on some of the places they had slept, but it wasn't exactly very nice either. Once, maybe.

The shower was unlike anything Rowen had experienced before. They couldn't remember the last time they had hot water in, well, any case. The closest they had come to a shower in the last years was washing themselves in whatever public fountain happened to be the closest wherever they happened to be in the dead of night. Soap swiped from whatever outdoor market was selling it that day and they were set.

Once the shower was over, Rowen helped themselves to clothes they deemed clean - far worse had been worn on the streets - and went over to the window. Despite the inside of the rundown building, the view outside was okay. Of course, they were on the sixth floor, which probably helped, but even still. Rowen could see the wall around the town from where they stood, but if they looked higher and ignored the wall, they were able to make out star constellations, like Orion and Sagittarius.

Rowen didn't remember where they had learned the star constellations from, whether it was something they had picked up over the years or something that was taught to them when they were too young to understand what was really going on.

Either way, it was almost sickening to think about.*

Shaking their head, Rowen turned away from the window and curled up in a ball on the bed. They expected to have trouble falling asleep, like they did every night, but the softness and warmth of the bed surprised them and they were out almost as soon as their head hit the pillow.

*lolol I'm just dying cause Rowen's like 'ah yes...I know the constellations but I don't know if it's from my childhood that I can't remember...disgusting.'

~~*~~

Eric made his way over the the tavern, humming quietly to himself. Night had fallen by now, but the sky was still a dusky sort of purple because of the earliness. He hoped that Makenna would be alright on her own. Although she technically wasn't alone, but she still didn't know any others in the zoo.

Well, she didn't really know him either, but at least she was a little more comfortable.

It was only a few minutes before the white and black lemur got to the tavern, swinging the doors open and grinning. He immediately caught sight of Vulco and made his way over, grabbing the drink that was already there and swigging it down. "Good to see you, buddy! How's that Domestic doing? Still a pain in the arse?" He looked over to Tes, who was glaring at him behind the counter. "And good evening, Tes! I see you're looking as beautiful as always. I'm surprised you don't get more customers here, with looks like yours." He cast a wink in her direction.

~~*~~

"I think I'll join you." Midnight agreed, tossing the bottle of tea into the trash where four other bottles already resided, three from that morning and the fourth bring the one he had finished earlier. "It's been a tiring day."

As if to prove it, a yawn suddenly broke out from him, so extensive that he even felt his teeth stretch out into their snake fangs. He didn't bother changing them back as his mouth closed, leaving them to fold against the roof of his mouth naturally. He usually reverted to a half-form in his sleep anyway, so it wasn't a big deal to begin the process early.

Bedtime was a simple and rather boring ritual. The twins didn't watch any tv and normally didn't read any books other than the ones that they wrote notes in themselves, so it was mainly a change and turn off the light kind of process. They would get into their separate beds, although it wasn't uncommon for one of them to wake up in the morning with the other in their bed.

Midnight changed quickly, checking the bruise at his side for a moment before slipping on the remainder of the night shirt he wore. Although he didn't care about the permanent scales on his back, they were uncomfortable at night if the bed rubbed against them. It helped having an extra layer of padding. "Night, Leon."

~~*~~

When Kite first entered the room, Torin didn't move. Not even a muscle jumped in reflex to the suddenness. But then, he moved with the fluidity of the animal he was, and with all the grace of a panther. Kite didn't react as Torin came over to him, keeping his eyes trained forwards, not quite making contact but near it. "Yes, Torin. I found an Outsider not far from here. Female, young. I'd say around nineteen. She was cautious at first and ran away but I tricked her into coming here with the pretence she would be able to leave when she wanted. Her name is Storm. She will put up a fight, but nothing that your forces can't handle."

Kite waited a beat before adding, "Before I went out hunting for Storm, I also scented the presence of two other Outsiders, not far from the encampment. Two, travelling together. It seems to be a boy and a girl, but it is possible, though slight, that I am wrong."

In one smooth motion, he bent down on one knee and tilted his eyes towards the floor. "You know as well as I do how strong Outsiders can be. There are not many that are able to take one on if they decide to fight, much less two. So, I ask if you might travel with me to bring in the two Outsiders. Fighting together, you know that we will be unbeatable."
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Tue May 12, 2015 2:39 pm

Vulco laughed at what Eric said, but didn't answer him. Instead, he chose to simply drink what was left in his glass and set it back down. Tes simply gave Eric an annoyed look, but to anyone that really knew her, it was just a un-amused look.

Once they were both finished with their drinks, Tes quickly refilled them. There was a moment of silence as none of them said anything. Vulco took his glass in his hand and stared at the drink a while before glancing up at Tes. "Look... I'm sorry about Arturo. I know you guys were pretty close. And that he helped out a lot around here."

Tes glared at Vulco for a moment before letting out a sigh, her eyes seeming to soften. "It's not your fault. I don't think he could have lived with himself if he had gone through with killing a child anyway..."

Vulco quickly drank down his second drink and set it on the counter, though it didn't remain empty for long. He then threw his arm over Eric's shoulders and pointed at him. "If you need any help, I'll loan you this one. He's not worth much as a hunter anyway." Vulco spoke with a friendly tone, as he usually did when he was joking around with his friends.

Vulco then picked up his now full glass again and walked over to the pool table. "Alright, come on Eric. We never decided who was going to be paying for these drinks and I don't think Tes would be willing to look the other way. At least not with how much I'm planning on drinking."

^*^

Leon followed his brother's lead, going into the bedroom and changing into his night clothes. He let out a yawn and glanced over at his brother, who was checking over his bruise. Leon suppressed a sigh, wishing that Midnight wouldn't try to cover up his pain so much.

He shrugged it off, though, and got into his own bed. Unlike his brother, he usually stayed in his human form all night. Unless he had a particularly bad nightmare. Leon sometimes had them, but he could never actually remember what they were about once he woke up. All that would be left was the feeling of panic and Midnight claimed to never hear him talk in his sleep. This had been going on for as long as he could remember.

Leon laid in the darkness for a while, staring up at the ceiling and thinking about the events of the day. "Night..."

^*^

Torin nodded slightly as he listened to Kite's report. The new outsider seemed like she would be a good addition to the community he was setting up.

When Kite got down on one knee and looked to the floor, Torin looked down at him, knowing to expect that he was going to ask something of him. Kite rarely asked Torin for something and when he did, Torin always made it a point to at least consider helping Kite. Unless it got in the way of Torin's own plans, of course.

He thought for a moment about the situation. Two outsiders. It was rare to find one that had already learned of their powers. But two? Together? He couldn't pass up the opportunity. "Alright, Kite. I will go with you to find them. However, you know that it's important not to fight them. We need to convince them this place is worth staying in. At least for the first day. That just makes it easier."

He walked toward the door and quickly exited the small room that he called his home. Once he got out onto the street, he began to walk toward the main gate. Normally, he didn't like to leave the city, especially if Kite was going to be gone too. However, it was night and there weren't many shifters out.

When he passed by the gate, he glanced over at a certain guard that he recognized. Sam. She was known to be fierce. He stopped in front of her and looked down at her for a moment, examining her, before speaking. "You. I know that the Elite are promised certain immunities, but I'm considering you as one of the next Shifters to enter the arena. You can look at this as a way to further prove your abilities. You should have no problems.

Not waiting for a reply, he rarely does, he continued on through the gate. Once on the outside, he turned to Kite. "Lead the way."
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Tue May 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Eric was contemplating hitting Vulco upside the head. He wasn't one for much sympathy or empathy, but he could very obviously see that this was not the time to bring up the tasmanian devil's friend. More than likely, Arturo would not be seen again, unless someone happened to catch a glimpse of him being carted out of the lab as a corpse, but even that was impossible, seeing as no one had even caught sight of the twins stepping out, despite there being some people who had tried to watch.

Plus, Tes was serving them drinks and the greater power knew that Eric didn't want to risk her putting poison in their cups.

But then her eyes, surprisingly, seemed to soften from their harsh glare before answering Vulco in an almost kind manner and refilling his drink. Then, Eric found an arm around his shoulders. "What? Are you kidding? You really think she wants someone in the monkey species working here?" He paused. "Nah, I think I'd be better qualified than you."*

He grinned and ducked out of the arm, picking up his own drink and going over to the pool table. "Are you saying that we're going to settle this like men? With a round of..." He slapped the pool table, his face completely serious as he finished in a whisper, "pool?"

"You are so on."

*You know how you have like the perfect joke but can't figure out how to arrange it? Yes. Right here. Basically Eric's calling Vulco the monkey."

~~*~~

OOC - Meeehhhh Now Midnight's out of commission as well...

~~*~~

OOC - I'm just so in love with the loyalty and respect Kite has for Torin, like he pretty much gets into the ultimate subordinate stance when asking something of him and agreeing for an order. I don't know what I expected of him, but I didn't expect this level of loyalty. Oh, and I just did more research on the difference between sociopath and psychopath (cause I always forget the different traits), and I agree, Torin is definitely a sociopath.-Bic

Kite couldn't help the small smile that came onto his features as Torin agreed to go with him but as soon as he stood up, he made the smile disappear. It would be disrespectful to Torin if it seemed that he wasn't paying attention. "Yes, of course. I understand. I'm sorry for my mistake." He said, waiting for Torin to walk before him before falling in behind.

The sun had long since set by now, the stars floating high above the clouds with the moon hanging bloated in the sky, though not quite full. It would provide plenty of light, which could be a good thing or a bad thing. Good in the sense they would be able to see where they were going, but bad in the fact that if they could see the shifters, then the shifters would be able to see them. After all, most shifters had superior eyesight to those of humans, being able to see in very low light. The only exceptions were animals such as moles.

They paused briefly at the gate when Torin stopped in front of Sam, the extremely short but extremely tough guard. Although she was almost two feet shorter than Torin, she stared up at him straight in the eyes, as if her cold grey was battling against his glowing red. Kite couldn't even imagine doing such a thing as that. To do so would be to disrespect Torin to the greatest extent in Kite's eyes.

"Of course I won't have a problem." Sam said, her voice clipped. As soon as Torin moved on, she turned and resumed her position, ignoring the two as if they had never been there in the first place.

Once they were outside of the gate, Kite nodded at Torin's request and knelt down, shifting into his bloodhound form as he did. Scents that he had been able to smell in his human form instantly sharpened, as well as dozens of new ones. However, despite the abundance of smells, the bloodhound was able to pick out the two Outsiders' scents almost immediately as he tipped his nose into the air.

Releasing a puff of air from his nose, Kite began trotting in the direction the scent led him. They were closer than they had been earlier that day. It wouldn't take long at all.

~~*~~

"Alex? Alex, I'm tired."

The figure walking in front of the boy stopped and turned around, her silver hair waving in the moonlight. Her quick black eyes fell on the boy and softened as she walked back over, crouching down in front of him. "I'm sorry, Horus. I know you're tired. We can stop in just a few minutes. I can hear running water from here, and you know what I say. Always best to stay near water when you can."

The boy's eyelids were practically dropping shut as they stood still. Alex sighed and stood up, picking the boy up. It didn't take much to hold him, despite him being rather tall for a twelve year old, but even still Alex used both her hands to keep him up, using one to run her fingers trough his hair as she held him against her. His face burrowed into her neck, seeking the warmth that escaped there.

Alex sighed again and unfurled the wings that lay wrapped around her back and stomach. When they were folded, at first glance the wings appeared to be nothing more than an extra layer of black clothing against the rest of her black clothing. Using her wings, she curled them in front of her to cover Horus like a blanket as she continued on.

Like she predicted, it was only a few minutes before she came to a small stream. It was more like a trickle than a stream, but it was water nonetheless, and she already felt slightly better. She had no reason to really feel more secure, but it was more of a mental thing than actual protection.

"Alright, we're here, Horus." The boy was already asleep against her neck, lulled to sleep by the rocking of her steps and warmth of her wings.

As gently as she could, Alex pried the young boy off of her and laid him on the ground on a patch of grass. He was a really light sleeper, so unless she was very careful, he would be up and ready to move in case it was an emergency. She almost smiled at the thought. It was just how she had taught him.

Once Horus was settled on the grass, Alex swung her black cloak off of her back and laid it over him as a blanket, sitting down beside him and running her fingers through his silky black hair, not wanting to sleep just yet. She didn't know why, but she had a bad feeling and until it went away, she wasn't planning on sleeping.
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Tue May 12, 2015 2:56 pm

Vulco laughed at Eric's joke and picked out his pool stick before setting up the table. "One round? I was thinking at least a couple. I deserve a full night of fun after being gone for so long hunting and then being sent out immediately after I get back.

"I guess you do too, if you can call whatever it is you do hunting." He gestured for Eric to take the break shot. As he did, he took another drink, this time taking his time instead of downing it like the other two.

OOC- Basically for these two I'm just going to assume this is what they do for the rest of the night. So, if you don't want to go through all that, we can just finish up with these characters, play out whatever happens with Kite and Torin, then just start with the next day. Unless you had plans for something that should happen at the bar, then go for it.
-BIC

^*^

Torin followed Kite, staying in his human form. He rarely shifted when he was outside of the privacy of his home. As they got closer, he muttered quietly. "Stay in that form when you go out into the clearing. You can talk to them, but I want to see how they react to another shifter."

Torin continued to follow Kite quietly, not talking again and not even making a sound as he walked. Stealth was something he prided himself in. It didn't take much longer before he could hear and smell the outsiders up ahead. Within a few moments, he could see them through the trees. He quickly sidestepped, seeming to disappear into the shadows.

He left Kite to go out into the clearing on his own as Torin circled to watch from the side. He mostly wanted to see if the outsiders would act friendly toward him or if they would simply try to run. He was expecting them to act suspicious, but they could be gullible or they could be guarded. Either way, he wasn't going to let them get away.
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Tue May 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Alex didn't know how much time had passed. She did know, however, that enough time had gone by to where she found herself softly humming. It wasn't that big of a surprise to her. She hummed almost every night, after Horus was asleep and when she herself was about to fall asleep as well. But when her bird hearing caught the tell tale sign of someone approaching, she instantly stopped and went on high alert. It was probably nothing, but she could never be too certain.

Sure enough, only a few moments later, a big bloodhound came trotting out of the bushes. His steps were loud enough to wake Horus, who bolted to a sitting position as his light, almost glowing blue eyes snapped open. Instantly Alex stepped in front of him, shielding him from the dog, who sat a couple yards away. Before her eyes, the dog changed into that of a human male not much older than herself with kind features and warm, inviting brown eyes.

The silver haired girl's expression hardened and became more wary. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" Her pitch black eyes never left the other shifter, watching if he made a single movement.

"My name is Kite." The other shifter began. "I'm a shifter from a nearby city. I had scent two other shifters out here alone, so I decided to check on you." He sounded polite enough, but as he took a step forwards, Alex immediately took a step back. By now, Horus was on his feet and standing behind the older girl.

"Alex...I'm scared."

"Horus, get back." Alex said in response, refusing to avert her eyes. "If anything happens, I want you to fly out of here as fast as you can."

Without any hesitation, the younger boy scurried back to the treeline, ready to flee if the shifter did anything. He didn't notice the shifter with blood red eyes hidden in the shadows, mere feet away from him, so focused he was on Alex and the bloodhound.

The bloodhound, Kite, held up his hands. "I assure you, I'm not here to harm you. I'm just offering shelter from the cold and elements, if only for a night. Wouldn't you and your brother be much safer with other shifters around?"

"No, we don't want your help, thank you for asking." Alex said. "Now if you're as harmless as you say, you'll leave without question."

"But I'm just trying to help!" The shifter protested. "You and your brother could die out here! There's a rogue band of shifters that's trying to exterminate anyone that comes into their territory. If you come to the city, you'll be protected!"

Alex clenched her fists, glaring at him with hard eyes. "There's no band of shifters. I can see through that weak lie of yours. We will not come with you to the city, now leave us alone." In truth, she didn't actually know if there was or wasn't a group of bloodthirsty shifters, but she could sense something fishy afoot and she wasn't going to fall trap into it.

Her suspicion was confirmed as soon as her last sentence was said. Before her eyes, the inviting features of Kite changed into stone, hard edges and a cold gaze.

The bird shifter let out a hiss, her fists opening to reveal her nails had grown into talons and her teeth extending into fangs.

"Either way, you'll be coming with us. We'll make sure of that." Kite said coldly.

At his words, Alex's blood turned to ice. Had he just said us? But where was the other one?
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Tue May 12, 2015 3:49 pm

Vulco and Eric stayed at the bar for a few hours, drinking and playing pool, though they didn't actually know who won. After the first two games, neither of them were really paying attention to who was winning or even what game they were playing.

Once it got past midnight, though, Tes was done serving the two and she kicked them out, closing the bar for the night. Vulco said goodbye to Eric and stumbled home.

It took him forever, or at least it seemed like it, to climb up the stairs back to his apartment. When he finally made it back, he threw the door open, causing it to bang loudly against the wall and then threw it shut again.

Looking around his apartment, he realized that there was probably someone asleep in his bed so he couldn't go pass out on his bed like he would normally do after a night of drinking. So instead, he settled for taking off his shirt and pants and flopping down on the couch in his underwear. Close enough.

^*^

Torin watched with interest as Kite spoke to the two. Like he thought, they reacted with suspicion. Unfortunately, they also refused to even consider going with Kite. Why did Outsiders always have to make it so difficult? Well, for them at least. Torin quite enjoyed the feeling of chasing down prey. Sometimes he could hardly stop himself from actually killing whatever creature he managed to catch. Of course that hadn't happened for a long time. He also hadn't been out hunting for shifters in a while.

Torin continued to watch in silence as the younger shifters ran, unknowingly, to the spot right next to him. Perfect.

Of course, there was still a chance that Kite could talk them into coming peacefully. Kite did have a good way with lies.

Torin watched as his lie was seen through, rather quickly. He was a little impressed. He then saw Kite's demeanor quickly change once he realized there was no reasoning with them.

Torin also took this chance to step out of the trees, wrapping one arm around the boy's torso and easily picking him up. He let his nails grow out to sharp claws that glinted in the moonlight as he held them to the boy's throat.

"You might as well come with us. As much as I would love to see what his blood looks like in the grass and what your face looks like right before I do the same to you, I would prefer to just bring you both back alive."

He pressed his claws lightly against the side of the boy's neck, tracing them along his throat as he spoke. "Besides, I don't think you're fast enough to reach me before I kill him."

Torin held his claws over the boy's throat as he waited for the girl's response. Part of him hoped that she would think he was lying and try to stop him. The look in his eyes and the tone of his voice proved that he was willing and even happy to murder this young shifter, though. "Well?"
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Tue May 12, 2015 3:50 pm

By the time Eric was kicked out of the bar, he was so drunk he could hardly speak without all his words running together to form illegible sentences. However, he somehow managed to make it back to his home, albeit gaining a tail and ears in the process. It wouldn't surprise him if in the morning someone told him they saw him swinging off of the streetlights with his tail.

As he entered the room, he collapsed on the bed, not even bothering to change and just began snoring. Anything productive could wait until morning.

~~*~~

As soon as there was one inkling of fear that Horus's life might be in danger, Alex whirled around, losing any and all interest she had for the bloodhound who was now behind her. She could care less that she had just turned her back to the enemy. If she thought Horus was in danger, she would give anything to protect him.

And in danger he was. First her blood was ice and then all color drained out of it, leaving her pale skin even paler with fear as she saw a second man. He held a very stiff Horus in his arms, one hand poised above his throat. Razor sharp claws stood out in the moonlight. They could be stained with blood in less than a second, burning red to match his eyes, which glowed with almost delight at the thought of sinking his claws into the young boy's flesh.

Alex couldn't even move, only look on in terror. Horus's eyes reflected her own emotions. Although he had tried to struggle at first, as soon as the claws touched his neck he fell still, trying to suppress his trembling. "A-Alex...please...r-run away." He managed to get out, knowing full well that she wouldn't leave him there but hoping that for once she would.

The silver haired girl couldn't move, even if she wanted to. She was frozen. Even she wasn't fast enough to reach Horus in time before the shifter killed him, but she couldn't just leave him either. But she couldn't just give up.

As she had the thought, something tackled her from behind, growling as they tried to pin her to the ground. She hissed, kicking up against the weight and pushing them off of her. The attacker kept a firm grip on her, pulling her with him as she kicked him away, so Alex did the only logical thing and clamped her fangs down on his hand. With a yelp he stumbled back, shaking his hand and straightening up to rebound only to see the girl coming towards him. Using her talons she lunged for his neck but Kite moved quicker than she thought he was able to and wrapped his hand around her wrist, using her momentum to swing her around and trip her. As soon as she hit the ground he pounced, shoving a knee into the center of her back. Alex bit back a cry of pain as his knee dug into the space between where her wings sprouted, struggling to escape and failing.

As long as the battle had seemed in her mind, the whole thing had taken a matter of seconds and Alex almost wanted to cry in frustration at how fast the shifter had beaten her. However, even in her weak position, she choked out, "Don't...you dare hurt him. I'll..I'll kill you if you do!" She lunged forwards, hoping to worm her way out from under the knee but Kite grabbed her wrists and pinned them to the ground, effectively immobilising her.
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Tue May 12, 2015 3:54 pm

Torin let out a quiet chuckle at seeing Kite defeat Alex so quickly. Of course he wouldn't have a second hand man that was incapable of taking down a threat.

He looked at the girl on the ground, allowing himself an evil grin as he looked down at her, his claws still ready to kill. "If that had lasted much longer, I may have killed him. You see, I'm not a very patient person when it comes to giving orders. They are either followed, or they are not.

"If they aren't followed, then I get to have a little fun." He glanced at the boy he was holding and laughed again, dragging his claws across the boy's throat, only pressing hard enough to leave red lines and not draw blood. He was scarily good at that.

"So, following my orders seems like a good idea, does it not?" Torin looked at Kite and nodded his head in the direction of the city, meaning they were going to leave now. "Once he lets you up, I won't allow you another chance. One wrong move and he's dead."

Torin watched the girl with interest, his eyes seeming to dare her to just try and make a move against them. He was tapping his claws against the boy's neck, just waiting for her to step out of line. It was clear he was giving no room for mistakes this time.
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Tue May 12, 2015 3:55 pm

All Alex could focus on was the red marks that raised up on Horus's flesh, painting the image of exactly where the claws would go if she fought anymore.

She wanted to slam her fists into the ground repeatedly until they were bloody. She wanted to scream. She wanted to cry. If she just hadn't been so stupid. Why had she sent Horus away from her when Kite showed up? She should have kept him by her side until she was sure the threat had passed. Now, his life was in danger and it was all her fault.

Kite's grip on her wrists loosened before letting go completely at the same time the pressure on her back disappeared. Once they were gone, she pushed herself to her knees and stayed there, kneeling on the ground.

It pained her. It physically pained her to see Horus in danger and she wasn't doing anything about it, even without any restraints. She had never surrendered before. It was always her throwing her own life away to save Horus. But now that it was where she would be throwing Horus's life away...she had no choice but to do nothing.

Alex knew she looked pathetic. She hated herself. Here she was kneeling on the ground like a servant. But even in her submission she glared at the shifter holding Horus with as much hate and rage as she could muster through her black eyes. Him and Horus were polar opposites. His hair was stark white with glowing red eyes while Horus had pitch black hair and glowing blue eyes, so light that it must have looked like he was blind to anyone that looked. She almost liked the shifter's appearance. It made it easier to hate him if she contrasted him with Horus.
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Tue May 12, 2015 3:57 pm

Torin watched Alex with nothing but pure sadistic pleasure in his eyes. He could see the pain he was causing. And he loved it. He wanted nothing more than to completely break her by slitting the throat of her loved one. Of course, he knew he would have to wait. Why waste this in just one night when he could see this last for weeks?

He glanced down at the boy he was holding his claws to. Not only was he causing one to feel pain, but he was causing this one to feel fear. He would enjoy having them as prisoners. Nothing made him happier than to see pain and fear in others.

Once the girl had gotten herself to her knees, he looked back to her and met her stare full of hatred. Torin simply stared back with an inhuman look in his eyes. Then he simply said with a steady voice, "You'd better get moving," As he pressed his claws against the boy's neck, again, careful not to draw blood. Not yet.

He looked at Kite again and then nodded down to the girl. It was time to move. He began walking toward the city, still carrying the boy in one arm with his claws against his throat.

It didn't take long for them to make it back to the gates. Torin walked past the guards, not even bothering to look at them as he made his way toward the arena. They would be safe in the cells underneath the arena. Usually that was where they kept shifters that had broken some sort of law. This was close enough.

He carried the boy down the stone steps and into the damp cellar which was lined with cells. Again, not bothering to look at the guards, he walked to the nearest open one, throwing him into it and shutting the cell. Once he had gotten rid of his burden, he turned to Kite. "Put her down there." He pointed to the opposite end of the narrow hall.

They would still be able to see each other and talk, but they weren't exactly close. As Kite took her to her cell, Torin followed and waited for her to be locked away before peering into her new home. "If you try to escape, I can assure you that a slow and painful death will come to that boy. Not to you, of course. I would want you to live knowing that you were the cause of it. That means, do not give me a reason to have to kill him."

He turned and started walking down the hall and out of the cellar, "Don't worry, though. I'll come back to visit soon." Once he was finished speaking, he exited the dungeon and started speaking to Kite.

"I want you to find another guard or two to put down there. Just in case. Also, in the morning, after you've had your nights rest, I need you to find Vulco and tell him to send out his hunters again. Also, make sure he knows that I'm not happy with the quality of the product him and his hunters have been bringing back."

Torin stopped when they reached the exit and looked at Kite. "You've done a good job today. You have your orders for tomorrow." Then he turned and left Kite there. That was as close as he ever got to saying 'good night'.
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Tue May 12, 2015 3:59 pm

Alex was helpless. The only thing that kept her moving was the threat against Horus, everything else on her was numb. Kite was careful not to touch her, leaving her with the full weight of Horus's life. If she stopped moving, he would be killed. If she took one step towards or away from him, he would be killed.

Her heart nearly stopped when the city with a huge wall blocking any entrances in or out came into view. This wasn't a place of protection. This was a prison.

The guards hardly looked their way as they walked through. The city was dead, everyone sleeping by now, but Alex could smell the tense obedience that lingered from the day. It really was a prison here. What did they do to the citizens?

She wasn't given much time to think about it more because she was led downstairs underground. Alex almost froze at the entrance, which she did, but one glance at the shifter's claws was enough to make even her step into the darkness, the ground above swallowing her.

Alex kept her eyes forwards on the shifter who blocked Horus from her view and clenched her fists, letting her talons grow slightly to sink into her palms, just hard enough to draw blood. The pain helped distract her from the thought of being underground but when Horus was thrown into a cell, impacting with a cold, wet sound, she flinched and her talons sliced in further, causing a thin stream of blood to pool into her palm. Even that was better than when Kite began to take her further down the hall, away from him. But he had no choice but to follow and step willingly into the cell when it was presented to her.

When the other shifter came over to the cell's window, Alex didn't turn around. As he spoke, she only stood with her back to him. At the mention of killing Horus though, she wasn't able to control the hiss that escaped past her lips as her talons sharpened more. By now she had opened them from their clenched state, so her talons were fully extended without any damage to herself.

She listened until she heard his footsteps vanish completely before turning and slamming her fist into the wall. Not much happened except for the concrete wall gaining a slight dent with cracks around it and the skin of her knuckles bursting to stain the stone. This was pathetic. She had never felt so weak before. She had never been so weak before.

This wouldn't last long, she promised herself. She would get herself and Horus out. That was a fact.

~~*~~

Once Torin had finished relaying his orders to Kite, the bloodhound shifted onto one knee and bowed his head. "I understand. Thank you for the praise." He said, waiting for Torin to leave before getting up.

It didn't take long to find more guards. Once he made sure they knew what they were doing, even though he doubted they would be needed after seeing how easily the shifter girl had obeyed once the life of her brother was on the line.

He had to resist a smile in the darkness. Three Outsiders today alone, and he didn't know if the hunters had found any for sure, although with the new scents he was sure they had.
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Tue May 12, 2015 4:00 pm

The next morning Vulco woke with a pounding heading, worse than any he had had in a while. He had been making frequent trips to the bathroom throughout the night, but those were more automatic than him actually waking up.

Instead of getting off the couch, though, he simply let out a long groan and stayed where he was, covering his head with a shirt that had just been laying on the ground. There was hardly any light shining through the window, the sun had just barely risen, but he always woke up at the same time every morning. No matter how drunk he had been the night before.

Just because he woke up, though, didn't mean he couldn't fall back asleep. Leaving the shirt over his head, he continued to simply lay on the couch, sprawled out on his stomach and in his boxers.

^*^

Makenna had woken up a little before the sun rose. She wasn't used to sleeping all through the night. Usually she slept mostly during the day, but things had been a little strange recently.

Once she was fully awake, she climbed down from her tree and began to wander around the enclosed area. At first, she didn't see any other animals, but after a while, she finally found another one. This one that she found was a beaver and he had apparently been there for about a week now.

The fact that he hadn't been able to change into a human yet didn't make her feel that comfortable. Were they just lying to her? Was this some sort of trap? She sighed and said goodbye to him before continuing to wander.

^*^

Storm woke up shortly after the sun rose, stretching and letting out a long sigh. It had been a while since she had gotten to sleep in a bed. The forest floor never bothered her much when she was in her wolf form, but beds sure were a luxury.

When she was awake, she went into the small kitchen and got some food before walking to the window and looking out on the street. She was surprised to see a fair amount of people walking around. What was even more surprising was the fact that they were all shifters.

^*^

Leon had thought he was having a peaceful night of sleep. He didn't think he was having a nightmare until he jolted upright in bed, a feeling of panic still weighing heavily on his chest. He let out a quiet his and shut his eyes, feeling his fangs turning back into regular teeth and the scales on his arms and neck slowly turning back to skin.

After a moment, he opened his eyes again and glanced over to Midnight, who appeared to still be asleep. Leon got out of bed and changed into his lab clothes before throwing Midnight's clothes onto his brother's sleeping form. Normally, they woke up at the same time, but when he had a nightmare, Leon always woke up first, and stayed awake.

He had to forget about that now, though. The panic he had been feeling when he woke up was virtually gone and they had more important things to deal with. There were more experiments to be done, assuming the assistants had everything ready like they were supposed to.

^*^

Danny had worked most of the night on the project that he had been assigned. He didn't really want to find out what would happen to him if he didn't get it done. Besides, he usually stayed up late.

However, he had stayed up a lot longer than he planned to and had just ended up passing out as soon as he finished with the project. When morning came, he was still sitting in the stool, his torso on the table in front of him. His arms were stretched out across the table and a small pool of drool had formed by his mouth. It was clear he wasn't going to be waking up on his own any time soon.
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Tue May 12, 2015 4:03 pm

As soon as Vulcan groaned, it was like a switch went off in Rowen's mind, their eyes snapping open. It was dark in the room, barely dawn. They supposed that was what woke them in the first place. If they were still back in the city, people would have been stirring by now.

Of course, it didn't help that Vulcan kept making noise.

Rowen was still curled in a loose ball, like a cat, all limbs and soft edges. However, as soon as they shifted to consciousness, the soft edges became hard as knives. They stared at Vulcan for while, who just lay on the couch with a dirty shirt covering his head.

Honestly, they didnt know how he did it. The place smelled filthy enough. How he could stand it being on his face was beyond them.

However, being that it was already morning, Rowen found themselves quickly becoming bored of lying on the bed. They had been doing it all night after all. But, unfortunately, it was way too much of a hassle to bother actually getting out of bed and being productive, if they even could be productive while captive here.

That didn't stop them from trying though.

Grudgingly rolling off of the bed and catching themselves on their hands and feet before they fell completely to the floor, Rowen made their way over to the door and started tugging on the handle while simultaneously banging their forehead against the door. "Let me out. Let me out. Let me out." They began repeating in a monotone voice every time they hit their forehead to the door.

OOC - Rowen's such a little shit why do I love them so much-Bic

~~*~~

Despite having a little bit of a hangover (although he had been smart enough to drink plenty of water when he got home before crashing - honestly the water was more of a reflex than actual processed thinking) Eric couldn't wait for the sun to rise. He never was one for much sleep. He liked to keep going and going until he dropped for a few hours and then was back up again.

As soon as he could see about half the sun above the horizon that he could see, not even looking at a clock, he bolted out the door. Vulco was significantly less better at dealing with hangovers, plus he had the Domestic rooming with him, so Eric wasn't going to even bother going there. No, he was heading towards the zoo.

Once he got there, Sarah welcomed him into the enclosure where he quickly shifted into his lemur form and set off to find Makenna. It didnt take long for him to pick up her scent and he went there. At first, the scent led him to a tree, where she must have slept, but he soon was able to track it more and followed it until he saw the familiar raccoon.

"Makenna!" He called out, scurrying over. "How'd you sleep last night? Meet any interesting Ferals?"

~~*~~

Kite had to admit that it felt extremely good to fall asleep knowing that Torin was pleased with him. Just the thought filled him with such energy that he wanted to burst, doing all he could in order to further the feelings. However, his common sense won out and he forced himself to sleep, waking in the morning feeling completely refreshed.

He mentally went over the immediate things he had to do today:

1. Check on the Outsider, Storm.
2. Inspect the guards on the border.
3. Send Vulco out. Pronto.
4. Discuss with Torin the situation of the two Outsiders.

He imagined that Torin would want to talk to them himself, without Kite there. But it wouldn't hurt to check. After all, he was there to help Torin in any way that he could. After all, it was possible that by the time he went to check with Torin about it, Torin would already be there.

But, first things first, he would go to check on Storm.

~~*~~

Midnight didn't want to wake up. It was often that he never wanted to wake up. But having been woken up last night to his twin's voice. It wasn't necessarily yelling out, but it was close enough. It happened often, but it wasn't often that it was this bad.

He had slipped out of his sheets, being as silent as a snake shifter could get, not even bothering to revert to his human form, and sat slightly on the edge of Leon's bed, reaching out and laying his hand on his brother's shoulder. His heartbeat had been racing and he jerked under the touch, but after a few moments he had started to calm down before his breathing had become calm once more and Midnight was able to go back to his own bed and sleep.

He couldn't let his brother know, so he never stayed longer than he had too.

In the morning, it was the clothes hitting his back that first started waking him up once more. He fought against it, willing the sun to go back down so that he could sleep more. He didn't feel like being productive today. He didnt feel like getting out of bed today.

But he did.

Midnight let the sheets slide off of his smooth scales, yawning and pricking his lip slightly with his fangs. Scowling, he concentrated and they slowly slid out of sight before popping back. He was too tired at the moment to concentrate on keeping his human form up. He envied his twin for being able to do it effortlessly without wasting an ounce of energy.

Dragging the clothes on, he shuffled out into the kitchen, snagging another sweet tea in hopes that it would revitalise him. Briefly he wondered it it would be possible to just take the day off but he soon banished the thought from his mind. They wouldnt be able to do that. With any luck, one of the assistants would have messed up and they would be able to postpone the work. But that would mean having to probably fire someone, and that was always usually more effort than it was worth.

~~*~~

OOC - Yeah, Melek's still, like, sleeping. Probably curled up in the tightest, smallest ball you can imagine, but yeah, sleeping lol-Bic

~~*~~

She was not a morning person. Alex was definitely not a morning person. But as it was, she could hardly bear to close her eyes without the thought that when she woke up Horus would be dead.

Not only that, it felt like whenever she closed her eyes, the walls were going to close in on her and crush her. Each time she looked up she could swear she saw another crack that signified the ceiling was going to come down on her. Each breath she took felt like it was getting thinner and thinner, like the oxygen was being sucked out.

However, each time, Alex forced herself to remain calm. The walls werent moving, the ceiling wasnt cracking, the oxygen wasn't thinning. She repeated that to herself over and over again, whenever it started to catch up to her.

She had been able to talk Horus into sleep. The boy had already been exhausted, but he was too terrified to fall asleep on his own. If she had been able to, Alex would have wrapped her arms around him and pulled him close, humming to him for him to fall asleep and keeping him warm and dry.

But since she couldn't, all she could do was talk quietly to him and tell him what to do. She had told him to release his wings and use his hands to wrap them around his body, since he couldn't move them on his own yet, like a blanket and then use the extra bits as a pillow. She couldnt help the damp stone, but she told him to find the driest area he could and sleep.

Sleep he did, but Alex herself could not. She sat on the stone, leaning against the door. She had gotten a few winks here and there throughout the night. If she needed, she could go on. She would have to.
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Tue May 12, 2015 4:04 pm

Vulco was just about to drift back into a peaceful sleep. Sure his head was pounding, but if he was asleep, it wouldn't matter. He was vaguely aware of the sound of someone moving around then walking across the floor on the other side of the couch.

Choosing to ignore it, though, he didn't react and instead continued to attempt to fall asleep. However, it wasn't long before he heard the sound of thee doorknob being turned at the same time something began hitting against the door. Then he heard that voice. That voice that he hadn't even known for a full day, but was already the last thing in the world he wanted to hear. Ever.

At first, he thought it was just a bad dream, so he tried to ignore it and maybe move on to a better dream. The noise persisted, though. After a few minutes, he let out a long sigh and pulled the shirt from his head. He glared at the wall for a moment before pushing himself up and off of the couch.

Once he was standing, he glared over at the door and just shook his head at Rowen. "I don't know why I was ever nice to you."

He then turned and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a glass and filling it with water, which he immediately began to drink as he watched Rowen from the corner of his eye. Once he was done with the glass of water, he refilled it and walked into the bathroom to grab a bottle of aspirin before going back into the kitchen. "I'm starting to think alcohol wasn't the cause of this headache. It was probably just the thought that I would have to wake up to this."

He took the pills and quickly drank the glass of water before sighing again, "I guess I should take you to Ailsa. Maybe she'll be able to put up with you."

^*^

After a little more wandering around, Makenna finally stopped and sat down under a tree, growing bored of the place that she was being held in.

Looking around her, she saw nothing of interesting. There were no birds flying overhead because of the large dome that covered the area. She guessed it was to keep animal from escaping. The landscape was the same, nothing interesting ever got in. She hadn't even seen many other animals inside, other than the beaver. Strange.

As she looked around, she heard a noise and stood up to see what it was. This time, she didn't feel like she was in any danger, though. Then she saw Eric running toward her, shouting a happy greeting.

"Oh, hi Eric... I guess I slept fine, but there's not really anyone in here to meet. At least, no one that I found. Besides a beaver, but I don't remember his name."

She paused for a moment, looking around at the empty forested area. "So... When do I get out of here? The... feral... that I talked to said he had been in here for a week already. I don't think I can last that long in here. I might go crazy."

She tried to sound casual as she spoke, but a hint of desperation broke through in her tone. It wasn't completely obvious, but it was pretty clear she didn't want to stay in that place much longer.

^*^

Storm stared down at the street for a few minutes before walking back into the kitchen. She really wanted to go out and explore a little, but she wasn't sure if she was supposed to leave. She knew that she was supposed to stay in the city for now, but Kite hadn't told her if she was supposed to leave the room or not.

She also wasn't sure if he was even going to come back to tell her if she could leave or if he was going to help her. As she thought, she paced around the room for a while before coming to a stop in front of the door and staring it down.

"I'm not a child. I can do what I want... They can't make me stay in a room all day and I can even leave the city if I really want to..." Storm spoke out loud to herself before stepping toward the door and putting her hand on the doorknob. After a moment's hesitation, she opened it and then made her way out onto the street.

She looked around her, still unsure about where to go. Then she saw a large building in the middle of the city. It had round walls, but that was all she could tell about it. There didn't seem to be many people around it either. Storm nodded a little to herself before making her way toward that building, wanting to get a closer look at the mysterious building.

^*^

Leon watched his brother as he got out of bed and slowly began to start his day. Normally, Leon wouldn't be too quick to wake up either, but whatever he had dreamed about had shocked him into waking up and staying that way. He didn't say anything to Midnight, though.

Leon went out into the kitchen and began to prepare breakfast for them, just a simple one that consisted of eggs and toast. At first, he didn't say anything. Partly because Midnight didn't seem full awake and partly because Leon himself couldn't think of anything to say.

After a while, though, he had finished making breakfast and he divided it evenly onto two plates, setting one onto the counter for Midnight and holding the other as he ate. He ate his breakfast rather quickly, seeming eager to get out of the house. The eagerness wasn't for the experiment, though. Really, it was just the fact that he would have something to distract him from the slight feeling of panic that still lingered.

Once he was finished with his food, he began to wash the dishes as he waited for Midnight to be finished. "Do you think the experiment will be ready by the time we get to the lab? Or will we need to create more space in the cages for a new resident?"
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top