Shifters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Shifters

Post by HowlingWolf on Tue May 12, 2015 4:05 pm

It took longer than Rowen expected for Vulco to actually get up and begin glaring at the back of their head. But that definitely didnt deter them and instead they just kept banging their head against the door and chanting the words in a monotone voice. Only when Vulco walked out of the kitchen again did Rowen move from the door and glare at him.

"You're just lucky that I'm not skipping in place to the chant 'you're a jerk' and I'm only just thinking it." Rowen sank down and lay spread eagle on the ground. "Ugh. Too much effort I just wasted. I blame you, Vulcan. One can only wonder why you would ever kidnap someone and expect them to be on their best behavior. It's one of the great mysteries of the world."

From there, they proceeded to groan, banging their hand methodically against a wall. "Let me out. Let me out. Let me out." The chant began again.

~~*~~

Eric's lemur face fell when Makenna voiced her problems. "Oh...I can see why you would be feeling confined then. I was only here for a few days. But not to worry! Some ferals grasp shifting quicker than others. That beaver you saw might just be a late bloomer! Plus, there are plenty of great animals for you to meet in here! They must all just be sleeping in or something."

He glanced around, wondering if there could be any wandering by but when he saw no one, he shrugged. "Don't worry, they're probably just shy too. After all, they were born and raised as animals, so it's only natural that they would be a little skittish around others at first. Anyway, wanna see if you're able to shift for the first time? Or maybe you could at least get somewhere in the process!"

The lemur over to a clearing and beckoned her with his tail. Once she was there, he turned to face her and sat down. "Alright, let's see if we can get somewhere. Probably the hardest part of shifting when you were born as an animal is the fact of visualising you are a human. After all, many animals don't want to become humans. They aren't the nicest of creatures. But, what needs to be understood is that you aren't a human, you just have a human form. Once you can accept the fact that you want to become your human form, or at least accept the fact that you can become a human, you've already completed the first step. Think you can do that?"

~~*~~

It was perhaps one minute before Kite realised that something was wrong. As soon as he had gotten to Storm's door and knocked, there was a feeling of unsettlement. When she didnt answer after thirty seconds, the feeling grew into worry. Fifteen more seconds had him testing the door to find out that it was open. Five seconds had him catching the fresh scent that Storm had left when she had departed.

Kite wanted to curse himself. Now that he had her scent, it wouldn't take long to find her. He must have only just missed her. But the fact that he couldnt tell the scent of her leaving was fresh as soon as he walked into the complexs door meant that he had made a mistake.

He never made mistakes. Not when it came to Torin's approval. As far as he was concerned, even if Torin never found out, which he would because Kite himself would tell him, Kite had failed Torin in the worst way possible. Torin had trusted Kite to bring in the Outsider, and he had. But Kite had lost her. It wouldnt be for long though.

Without wasting another second, he darted out of the door and through the complex, bursting out of the door. He gulped in the air, trying to pinpoint Storm's scent and after a second, he had it captured and he took off in that direction.

It took perhaps three minutes before Kite was able to catch up with Storm, something that greatly disappointed him because he could almost sense the disappointment from Torin. However, he pushed the thought aside for now, caught his breath, and picked up a fast walk to match stride with the grey haired girl.

"Woo! Had me worried there for a second! I couldn't find you at the apartment complex. Glad to see youre alright though!" Kite said in his easygoing manner with a grin. He looked forwards. "Where you going? Want me to show you around a bit? Of course, I can show you whatever you like."

~~*~~

Midnight ate his breakfast in silence, other than the clinking of the fork. Mornings were not his strong suit. Anyone would eyes could see it. Even those without eyes would see it.

Unfortunately, morning was also the time people were typically expected to start their day and he was no exception.

Didnt stop him from rejecting the notion though, because Leon's answer was met promptly with a long groan and Midnight nearly getting a face full of bread crumbs and butter when his head fell onto the table.

It took him a few more minutes before he was able to drag his head up and ultimately decide that "mmmmghffff" was not an actual answer and he actually had to start the day whether he wanted to or not. It was definitely on the or not spectrum.

"I would hope that the experiment is ready by the time we reach our lab." He said, standing up and shuffling over to the sink, narrowly avoiding bumping into the counter as he put his dishes under the water. "However, knowing our assistants, we will likely have to make room."
HowlingWolf
Admin

View user profile http://letuscontinue.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Tue May 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Vulco rolled his eyes as he walked toward the door, "Yeah, sorry I took you away from such an amazing life to give you a better chance at actually living. You know, not digging through dumpsters for your weekly meal? Horrible." That sentence couldn't have possibly held any more sarcasm in it and Vulco swung the door open.

He stepped out into the hallway and started walking toward the stairs before glancing over his shoulder to make sure Rowen was following him. "Don't worry, though. I'll get rid of you soon, then you'll be someone else's problem."

He continued down the stairs, glancing at Rowen every once in a while to make sure that they were actually following him. Once they were out on the street, which was starting to fill with other shifters, he began to walk down the busy street, still checking on Rowen.

They didn't walk for too long before they stopped in front of a building with a large red cross on top and the word hospital. Vulco stood at the entrance for a moment before beginning to walk in. "Just so you know, you aren't here for shots or anything, even though you probably do have rabies. Just a mandatory check up."

They entered the building, which had a few people in the small lobby area, and Vulco lead Rowen past the front desk, nodding to the receptionist as he went. They walked down a hallway and eventually came to a stop in front of a room, which Vulco knocked on. It only took a moment before the door opened to show a small framed, brown haired girl with rather large eyes.

Upon seeing Vulco, she raised an eyebrow and looked him over. "You don't look like you need anything and you know I don't like to be bothered for no reason. A date doesn't count as a reason and neither does that bruise on your face."

Vulco laughed, running his hand over the bruise that Rowen's punch had left. "No, actually, I have an outsider that needs a check up. Got time?"

Ailsa glanced at the person and smiled, seeming to notice Rowen for the first time. "Oh, I always have time for new citizens!" She then paused for a moment. "As long as you don't mind the fact that we'll be sharing a room. I have a patient that I can't leave right now..."

She let the two in and shut the door behind them. The room was pretty large, with two different patient table in them, though one was occupied. A small sleeping girl with red her was laid on her stomach on the table, bandages wrapped completely around her torso and a light blanket covering her. Ailsa quickly pulled a curtain so it was half shut, giving the girl a little more privacy, before gesturing to the free table. "If you would take a seat..." She glanced at Vulco, who mutter, "Rowen" for her.

^*^

Makenna followed Eric into the clearing, still not completely believing that she could change into a human at all. Which was apparently exactly what she was supposed to not do. She sat down and tried to imagine herself as a human, but it was no use. She was a raccoon and she always had been. She always would be.

To her, it was crazy that she could be anything else. She let out a sigh and shook her head slightly. "I don't think I can do it. I'm not a human..."

She thought again about it, trying to be more open minded. Eric had changed, so she knew it wasn't impossible. Maybe she could really do it. She shut her eyes and tried again to imagine herself changing. Maybe she really could. After a few moments, she opened her eyes and examined herself. Yup. Still a raccoon.

She looked at Eric and tilted her head to the side. "Can I see you shift again? Maybe that'll help me..."

^*^

Storm jumped a little when Kite walked up to her, not noticing that he was even near her. She had been to distracted by everything around her. She smiled at him a little nervously, suddenly wondering if she had done something wrong by leaving.

"Oh, I was just going to look at that building." She pointed toward the large battle arena, though she didn't know that that was its purpose. "I couldn't tell what it was."

She quickly looked toward the building again then back to Kite. "Unless you had something else that we needed to do. I mean, I wouldn't want to cause any trouble."

She hoped that she wasn't causing any trouble for him by keeping him from any other tasks he may have had. She would hate to think that he gave up plans to babysit her. "It's not like I'm going to be here for too much longer anyway, right? Just until it's safe to leave again and keep trying to find my parents."

Storm had been telling herself that a lot lately, but for some reason, she had a bad feeling about the city. Something about it didn't seem right, but she couldn't really tell what. Everyone seemed happy enough.

^*^

Leon shrugged at his brother's comment, "Well either way works for us. It would be ideal if the experiment was ready, but even if it isn't, then we just get new subjects."

As soon as Midnight was finished washing his dishes, Leon started to walk toward the door. "We'd better hurry. We need to have something to report to Torin soon. You know how he doesn't like to be kept waiting." With that, Leon opened the door and started to go toward the lab.

He went down into the basement and entered the lab, seeing only a couple of assistants scurrying about to prepare. The bear was still in his cage, awake, but still looking rather dazed. The other assistants were looking at charts and checking a few of the older experiments. No sign of anyone preparing the new one.

He held the door for Midnight before shutting it securely behind them. "If you'd like to find out why the experiment hasn't been prepared yet, I will ensure that the subject is ready. Or at least that we have enough space for new subjects."

^*^

Torin was awake early that morning, as he always was, but he didn't leave until it was a little later. Not until everyone else had started to move out onto the streets. Making his way out of his room, he went back to the dungeon of the battle arena, where the two new outsiders were being kept.

He didn't even bother looking at the guard outside of the door as he entered the small, cage lined room. He looked around to make sure both the prisoners were still there before glancing back at the guard that was stationed inside of the room.

The guard stood a little straighter and seemed to become more nervous as Torin spoke. "Release the boy from the cage and bring him up to the viewing room. Leave the girl."

Once his orders were given, he turned and left, going to the large room that he used to observe arena battle in. It only took him a few minutes to walk up there and then another few minutes for the guard to bring the boy. He shoved the boy into the room and shut the door, though he stayed standing outside of it.

Torin was seated at a rather large table, which was covered in a variety of different foods. He himself didn't have any food in front of him, but he gestured to the food for the boy. Instead of seeming stern or evil, Torin actually looked rather relaxed.

"I know that you were treated rather harshly yesterday, but I would like to explain myself to you, if you'd be kind enough to give me the opportunity." His voice was softer, containing no signs of a threat or cruelty. His features even seemed slightly apologetic.

"You are welcome to have as much food as you can eat while you listen to my explanation. Or, if you are completely against hearing it, at least my apology for the way you were treated." Saying that last line practically made him sick to his stomach, but that didn't show in his features or voice.
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Tue May 12, 2015 4:08 pm

It took a bit for Rowen to be able to drag themselves up to a standing position in order to follow Vulco. But, even then the constant jabbing didn't cease and they just kept going on and on about anything and everything. "You legally kidnapped me that is a crime punishable by at least five years in prison. And in my experience, dumpsters have a better personality than you."

When they finally stopped in front of the hospital, Rowen still hadn't stopped. "What do you mean I have rabies, you tick infested crow? I should throw you in a volcano for that-Oh wait, your personality should do just fine. Definitely something to simmer over at the very least. Maybe a slow fire. I've heard those things cook great food. How does anyone feel like having a roasted crow burger? That would be delicious, other than the fact that I fucking hate crows."

As soon as they entered the hospital, Rowen crossed their arms and stared straight ahead. Once Vulco had gotten hold of the nurse, they followed her and Vulco into a room where a little girl with bright red hair was lying asleep. Once the curtain was pulled and the nurse requested Rowen to sit on the table, they cast one smirked glare to Vulco and responded, "My name is Rowen. It's very nice to meet you." They said with a small smile as they sat down on the table.

~~*~~

Eric watched her with big eyes, smiling and nodding at her whenever she looked his way for encouragement. His ears twitched downwards slightly when she said she couldnt do it but then quickly perked back up at the request for a demonstration. "Of course!" He said.

"Now remember, the key to shifting isn't just imagining you're a human. It's feeling that you're a human. Watch." He closed his eyes and concentrated, trying to make the process longer when it usually only took a second. It was an interesting thing to watch, seeing the form of a lemur morph and change into a larger human with the same mischievous expression and light in his eyes.

"See? It's simple once you get the hang of it! You have to feel as if you are becoming a human. Feel your fur disappear and paws change into human hands. It's going to be a little weird at first, but trust me, don't pull back when you feel it. You'll only make things longer on yourself."

~~*~~

The battle arena. She wanted to go to the battle arena. The place where shifters were forced to fight to the death in order to weed out the weak ones. Kite had to think fast. There was a second arena inside the building, smaller. It was mostly used for emergencies like this one. A quick side hall inside the building and they would be there. Yes, that was what he would do.

Kite smiled. "Not at all! I'm here to be your friendly guide. I can show you anything you want. And of course, its also my job to try and convince you to stay." He winked at her. "But, I will also take into account your wishes. All I can do for now is make you as comfortable as possible staying here for the time being, until we get the all clear that the shifters outside have been dealt with. Now, you wanted to see this building?"

By that point, they had reached the entrance and he opened the door for her, waving her in before taking a left a few yards after immediately. "We call this building the sparring arena." He said, the hallway opening up into a room similar to the actual arena, but an okay size. There were no spectator areas though. "Shifters can come here to practice their skills against one another. Don't worry though, it's all completely safe." Another smile.

~~*~~

Midnight followed after his twin. The lab was way too close to their room, in his opinion. But then again, he only said that in the morning, when he felt like falling asleep again on the way. No hope for that on the elevators.

As soon as he walked in though, he instantly took on his usual demeanor as the snake scientist. He also noticed that there were people missing. Important people. He gritted his human teeth and turned to the nearest assistant. "Find me the mouse. Now."

The assistant scampered off so fast there would have been a dust cloud if there had been any dirt within the lab. When she was gone, Midnight turned to his twin. "Dammit. We told the stupid mouse what was expected of her. Now where is she? Maybe we should just get rid of her. Seems like too much damn trouble to be worth dealing with."

~~*~~

Alex snapped to attention as soon as she heard footsteps walking down the hall. Well, as much of attention as she could when she felt half dead. As a result, it took her a few moments to process what was going on and as a result didn't realise what was happening until she heard a cage door being opened. That was not hers. But across from hers.

"Horus, no!" She screeched, her hands curling around the window bars so much her knuckles turned completely white. "Give him back. Give him back!"

The boy was in a guard's arms, straining and struggling to get free, but nothing deterred the guard. Not even when Horus bit into the guard's arm did he flinch. Mostly because the boy had gotten nothing more than a mouthful of stiff fabric.

Alex's shouts eventually faded, long after her cage was out of sight.

It wasn't much longer before Horus was thrown into a room, the door shutting behind him instantly as he landed on his knees. Scrambling up, he backed himself into a corner, trying to be as small as possible. He hardly processed what the man said, but he got the vague idea and knew he wouldn't dare touch any of the food offered, which did little to mask an underlying scent of blood. Anything could be laced with something, at least thats what Alex taught him.

His eyes darted around the room for anything that could assist his escape. There were no windows or even rafters on the ceiling that he could keep out of reach. But even still, if Horus was able to shift, he would just be a little bird practically flying into the jaws of a...whatever this man was. It was dangerous, he knew that. When he swallowed, he could still feel the phantom claws that wrapped around his throat.

"W-what do you want f-from me?" Horus said, wrapping his arms around himself as he attempted to stop shaking. He was trying, he was really trying.
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Tue May 12, 2015 4:08 pm

Vulco had to hold back a sigh as Rowen, of course, spoke politely to Ailsa. He sat down in a small chair and shut his eyes, rubbing them and regretting ever having found her in the first place.

Ailsa smiled. "It's nice to meet you too Rowen. Now, all I really need to do is to get a small blood sample and run some tests. Once the tests are complete, they shouldn't take more than a week, I'll have you come back for a follow up. If you haven't learned to shift yet, then I can also try to help you figure that out."

Ailsa spoke with a cheery voice and, once she was done speaking, she went and grabbed her supplies to begin to draw blood. When she came back, she looked at Rowen with a smile. "Feel free to ask me any questions." As she spoke, she gently grabbed Rowen's wrist and stretched her arm out before cleaning her skin above the vein to begin her work.

As she began her work, she glanced over at Vulco and spoke in a slightly more serious tone. "They've become more active again, you know. After yesterday." She nodded her head toward the child on the other side of the room, though she kept her eyes on her work.

At hearing this, Vulco raised his head a little, resting his chin on his hand and opening his eyes. "Of course, you aren't joining them. As smart as you are, I can't imagine you doing something so stupid."

Ailsa paused for a moment, plunging the needle into Rowen's arm to begin drawing blood. "They aren't stupid for what they're doing, but I didn't join them. I have work to do and that would just get in the way. I just figured I should warn you in case things got out of hand like before."

Vulco gave a slight shrug and leaned back it the chair. "That was a long time ago and it was only out of hand for those that weren't prepared for the consequences." Vulco then seemed to realize that everything they were saying probably didn't sound too good to Rowen. "Anyway, everything's fine. With all the new citizens joining us, we should be having a celebration."

Ailsa gave him a skeptical look, but said nothing else on the subject. Instead, she withdrew the needle and quickly put a bandage on Rowen's arm before looking back at her. "So, is there anything about you that I should know about? Any illnesses? Conditions?"

^*^

Makenna watched him shift, still pretty amazed that that was even possible. She then shut her eyes again and focused, trying to tell herself that she was a human and not just a raccoon.

She imagined herself turning into a human, just like Eric had done. She could do it. She could understand him, so that had to be enough proof. She continued to imagine herself changing, even though she couldn't even imagine what she looked like.

After a minute, she began to feel a little strange. To her, it felt like her limbs were beginning to stretched and her face was getting flatter. She tried to keep it up, but couldn't help but freak out a little. Her eyes shot open and she shook her head a little.

"I don't know if I can do it. I don't really know if I want to..." She looked at Eric, a little nervous after having it start to feel too real.

^*^

Storm followed Kite into the arena, feeling a little excited about finally being able to see it. She looked around at the room, feeling a little disappointed. It looked bigger from the outside.

Storm walked around the room, sniffing at the air a little and not picking up any fresh scents. "You know, it didn't look this small when I was outside of it. And it doesn't smell like anyone has been using it at all. What else is there in this building?"

She dragged her foot along the ground and studied the floor. It was sandy in the middle, but there were no prints of any kind. The room looked pretty untouched.

She had noticed that there were other rooms when they entered the building, but Kite seemed pretty set on going into this room. She looked at him as she waited for a response, wondering what his explanation was.

^*^

Leon walked over to the cage with the bear shifter in it, though he was currently in his human form. That would make things a lot easier. As he examined their subject, he heard Midnight telling one of the other assistants to go and find the mouse.

When his brother said that they should get rid of her, he simply shrugged, not looking away from the cage. "I guess if the job didn't get done, she can be the first one we go after. Of course, I have a small amount of faith in their need to survive. Maybe we'll be surprised."

Immediately after he said this, he heard a frantic knocking on one of the doors in the lab, followed by a loud crash. He sighed. "Then again, maybe not."

^*^

Danny had still been sleeping peacefully, slumped over the table that he had been working at. Really, it was surprising that he had managed to stay balanced on the stool while he slept.

Then came the loud knocking at his door. He quickly snapped awake, jumping in the stool and losing his balance. He fell backwards in the stool he had been in, creating a loud crash as he scattered his tools all over the ground.

Jumping up as fast as he could, he shouted, "Hang on!" As he quickly gathered his stuff. He grabbed the collar he had been working on which, thankfully, he hadn't thrown on the ground. After adjusting his clothing and running a hand through his messy orange hair, he opened the door casually, relieved to see that it wasn't either of the twins. "How may I help you?"

After a quick explanation from the other assistant, Danny nodded and looked at the mouse assistant. "Don't worry, I'll handle this. Just, stay here."

He then left the room, shutting the door behind him and hurrying toward the twins. "Here you go, sirs, just as you requested. A collar that is able to change with the shifter, equipped with syringes to dispense whatever drugs you put in. And, of course, I have the remote to control it with." He offered the two items to Midnight, hoping this would be enough to make them happy and not threaten anyone's lives. Or, at least not his.

^*^

Torin stayed sitting at the table for a moment, watching Horus and waiting for him to calm down. As he waited, her dragged a bowl of grapes toward him and picked one up, putting it into his mouth. It only took a moment for him to eat it before he started talking again.

"I don't expect you to trust me, considering yesterday's events. However, I do regret them and wish they had gone differently." He picked up another grape. "All I was trying to do was get you and your friend to come with me to safety. It was... Important that we got you out of there and I will admit, I didn't handle the situation as well as I should have."

Torin stood up, eating the second grape that he had grabbed before walking slowly toward Horus and stopping a few feet away, giving him enough room to not feel threatened. Then he knelt on the ground so he was closer to eye level with him.

"Listen, I know how hard it can be out there and that's why I'm trying to help everyone that I can. We all need to stick together and help each other. That's why you and your friend were travelling together instead of alone, right? To help each another."

"I promise that I have no intention of hurting you and only want to help. So, I think we should start over. My name is Torin. What's yours?" Torin gave a small smile as he introduced himself, even managing to soften his voice a little more to sound more friendly.
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Tue May 12, 2015 4:10 pm

At Alisa's unspoken but physical request, Rowen stretched their arm out and allowed the skin to be cleaned. They had never been subjected to needles before, or even a doctor's appointment, but honestly could probably care less. It wasn't like needles were intended to cause much harm; they only drew blood and injected chemicals to fight off diseases. Or at least that was what Rowen had heard about needles.

There wasn't much else that Rowen listened to after that. Well, listened to and cared enough to respond to it. They were able to piece together some stuff due to the conversation, but then again it was really all speculation.

Obviously, there was something off about this place. Rowen had known that from the start, with the guards and the walls and the general whole kidnapping aspect of it, but maybe it was worse than first expected. Rowen was able to get an idea that maybe there was some sort of insurgent group which was why the girl was only nearly dead instead of completely dead.

The needle entering Rowen's arm didnt hurt, like they had suspected. They didn't even flinch. Only once Vulco quickly changed the tone of the conversation did they commit the conversation to memory. If Vulco didn't want them to know it, they would definitely know it. The insurgent group possibility was becoming extremely likely. But insurgents from what?

Rowen was distracted by Alisa's question. "I get motion sick. And good luck sifting through that blood cause it's been eating shit for the last few years." They hopped off the bed and stood up.

~~*~~

The lemur, in human form, sat back and watched Makenna attempt to shift for the first time. Just when he had started to see the fur on her face disappearing ever so slightly, the moment passed and she lurched out of it. "No, no! You almost had it!" He gestured to his face. "noticed your fur begin to recede a little. I'm sure just a little longer and you would have been there!"

He paused before lowering his arm again. "But I can understand if you're scared. I was scared the first time. Honestly, you are doing a lot better than I did. Remember? I was in here for three days before I managed to shift the first time. And once you get the first time done, it's a smooth ride from there. For most people anyway."

Eric looked down at Makenna. "Want to try one more time?"

~~*~~

Kite laughed. "Yeah, it does look big on the outside. It's because here are multiple rooms like this one. And it doesn't smell like anyone because we have a team come in here every night once it closes to wipe it all down. You should have seen the pair in here last night! I heard that there was a skunk shifter! It's a good thing they clean them every night, cause I definitely wouldn't want to smell that!"

He led her back out of the room. He tipped his nose into the air slightly and scented it. Torin was in his spectator room above the main arena with someone else. It smelled like one of the Outsiders from last night. "I would take you to the main arena, it's the biggest, but Torin's there meeting with someone. You'll be able to see it eventually. For now though, you can see the next one."

The bloodhound led the wolf into another room, this one opening into an arena slightly bigger than the last one, with a small spectator area above. He pointed to the area. "That"s where some people can watch the sparring. It helps give them tips and tricks for their next battles."

~~*~~

Melek was woken by a loud crash that had her instantly cowering on the the side of the bed to see that it was Danny. Her arms curled around her knees and her eyes were wide and skittish as he answered the door. Her shaking only increased when she heard her name spoken by the assistant.

She was going to die. Oh my gosh, she was going to die. The mouse shifter felt paralyzed by the notion, even as Danny left and told her he would handle it.

~~*~~

It was lucky that the assistant he sent was so fast because if it had taken any longer, Midnight would have gone through the door himself. However, what he was greeted with was not a cowering mouse but a head of orange hair and a pair of hands offering him a remote with a collar.

The snake shifter took the items. "Presuming that this one works, prepare another collar right away, as well as another remote. It goes without saying that both collars should be linked to both remotes." He said and waved the assistant away. The orange haired man wasn't the mouse he had requested, but seeing as he had gotten his things he let it slide.

Midnight brought the collar and remote over to his twin, placing them on the table. "Get the bear out of the cage." He turned to Leon. "Would you like to put the collar on or shall I?"

~~*~~

Horus's legs were threatening to give out at the man just watched him with his bright red eyes. The feeling only increased when the man stood and began walking over to him before kneeling down. With the way Horus was standing, he was almost directly at eye level with the man. With Alex, he never felt like he was smaller than her, even though he knew he was. This man didn't seem to be too much taller than her, but compared to him, he felt like an ant getting ready to be squashed under a boot.

But...his voice had changed. It was almost...gentle? It was so contradicting to what he had sounded like last night. This man had tried to hurt him. He had forced Alex to not fight by using him. He sounded almost nice now. Could it have really been out of necessity? But then why had him and Alex been locked away? Was it all just a mistake?

"I-" Horus's voice didn't seem to want to work. Should he even be talking with this man? Alex wouldn't want him to. But what else could he do to get back to her? "I-Im Horus. P-please just l-let me...A-Alex..."
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Tue May 12, 2015 4:11 pm

Ailsa nodded at what Rowen was saying and grabbed a clipboard, quickly scribbling down a few notes before setting it aside and looking back to Rowen. "Well, I'll go ahead and let you know when you can come in again. Which room are you staying in?"

Without giving Rowen a chance to answer, Vulco spoke up from the chair, "Rowen's staying with me. No more room at the hotel."

Ailsa laughed a little and nodded, "I was wandering when that would happen. Don't be too mean, Vulco, Rowen seems nice."

At that Vulco just shook his head and muttered something incoherent to himself, not saying anything else. Then he seemed to have an idea, "Actually, do you have any extra rooms here? She's not sick or anything, but just until she can become a permanent resident."

Ailsa shook her head, "Sorry, I can't risk someone taking up space in the hospital when there could be another patient that needs it."

Vulco sighed and started to walk toward the door, "Fine then. Come on Rowen, I guess they don't want you bothering them here either. Hey, I know! I'll find you a nice dumpster to wallow in! I bet you'd love that!"

As he left the room, Ailsa said a quiet goodbye then quickly spoke to Rowen. "Better go with him. He doesn't lose his patience too often, but he sounds like he's close."

^*^

Makenna nodded at what Eric said. "Yeah, I'll try again..." Again, she shut her eyes and began to concentrate, just like before. She imagined how Eric had easily changed forms and thought of herself doing just that.

Once again, she began to feel the strange sensation throughout her body, of something changing. She focused more on that feeling and kept the image of Eric changing in her head.

After a moment of concentration, the feeling began to intensify and speed up. She then felt her body growing and stretching, completely changing from that of a raccoon. She kept her eyes shut for a few seconds after the feeling went away, but then opened them and looked herself over.

She had done it! She had changed into a human. She was rather thin and pretty short. She hand long gray hair, which had a few streaks of black mixed into it. Once the realization sunk in, she slowly began to stand up, a little wobbly, and then mumbled, "I'm human?"

^*^

Storm sniffed the air again when Kite said that they had people to clean it. Even if they cleaned it every night, she should still be able to smell something. Some sort of cleaning fluid. All it smelled like to her was an old, musty room that hardly got used. Plus the fact that he said there had been a skunk. That smell didn't cover up easily.

However, she didn't question him. Instead, she followed him into the larger arena. She sniffed the air again and then looked down at the large sandy pit. Was there a blood stain? She looked over at Kite for a moment before looking to see what he was talking about. The spectator's box.

"Why do you guys fight here? I can smell the blood. I thought you said it wasn't dangerous?" She couldn't help but sound a little suspicious as she spoke. The more she thought about it, the more suspicious she became of this entire city.

^*^

Leon was happy to see that they wouldn't have to wait any longer for the collar. At least it had actually gotten done. He didn't want to have to focus on more than one subject right now. Not when they were so close to this actually working.

When he heard Midnight's order to get the bear out of the cage, he nodded to two assistants, who quickly did as Midnight had said. They dragged the drugged shifter out of the cage and into the middle of the room, where Midnight and Leon were waiting.

Leon grabbed the collar from his brother. "I'll take this one. If it works, then we should both have the opportunity to put on even more."

He then turned his attention to the shifter, who's head had fallen forward so his chin was resting against his chest. Leon grabbed the hair of the shifter and made his head straight before quickly slipping the collar around his neck. It was very tight on his neck, which was good because they didn't want to risk it falling off.

As soon as it was around his neck, there was a clicking sound from the collar and then the shifter jumped as three separate needles were pushed into his neck. Two for the shifting serums and one for the venom in case the subject tried to remove the collar himself.

Leon nodded approvingly. "So far, it works exactly how we wanted it to. Would you like to test out the remote to make sure it sends the right signals?"

^*^

Once Danny had handed over his inventions to the twins, he quickly went back into his lab. He let out a long sigh of relief. Good. They seemed happy. Or at least as happy as they could seem. He then looked around, rubbing the back of his head as he saw the mess that was still there.

The stool was still fallen over, some papers had scattered, there were still a few machine parts he had missed when he was cleaning up. Then he saw the mouse assistant, Melek, still sitting in his bed and shaking.

He gave her a reassuring smile, "Hey, don't worry. They're happy with it. Crisis averted." Once he finished speaking, he walked back over and started to clean up, starting with setting the stool upright.

^*^

Torin gave him a slight smile and a nod. "Horus. Good to meet you." He looked at the ground for a second. Alex must have been the other shifter her was with. When he looked back up at Horus, he tried to look as friendly as possible, without overdoing it, of course.

"Alex must be your friend then. Don't worry about her, nothing bad is going to happen to either of you. I just wanted to talk to you privately, to try and avoid any more conflict like we had yesterday."

"I won't keep you separated for too long, but I thought it might be easier to explain it to just one of you first." He paused for a moment and took in a deep breath, "You see, my friend and I were out trying to find more shifters, like you. Recently, it's been dangerous around here and we had heard that there were some stranger around.

"When we found you, we weren't sure if we could trust you or not and then your friend, Alex, was acting very strange. We thought that she was going to attack, so we just tried to stop that from happening. We were never going to hurt either of you, it was just a simple misunderstanding.

"We locked you in the cages because we still weren't completely sure if we could trust you. That's why I wanted to talk to you, to make sure you two weren't a threat."

Torin glanced over his shoulder at the table of food before standing up. "You don't have to eat if you don't want to, but you are welcome to come and sit at the table, where we can continue our discussion. Only if you want to, of course."
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Tue May 12, 2015 4:12 pm

Rowen let Vulco do all the talking for them to explain the predicament they were in, and raised an eyebrow at the thought of staying in a hospital. Rowen had never even been in one, but even they knew that unless someone was in a crucial situation, you didn't just stay in a hospital. Fortunately, Rowen also knew that Vulco also wouldn't think of that judging from the fact that his brain seemed to have a few lights off most of the time.

"What are you talking about? Your room is the perfect dumpster as is." They spared a brief wave to Ailsa* before meandering after Vulco, taking their time. No use in rushing, there wasn't a point. Plus, it would probably annoy him, so why not? It was like killing two birds with one stone. Two crows to be exact.

The outside air was crisp, the exact opposite of what Rowen had been expecting of this encampment. With huge walls all around the grey buildings, they had expected almost a factory-esque scent.

Suddenly, an equally grey person came into view. Rowen almost missed her, she was so short and blended in with the buildings so well. No more than five feet, with dark grey hair, dark grey eyes, and grey clothing. Rowen was starting to think that she dressed like that on purpose.

She stopped in front of Vulco. Although he towered over her, it seemed like she was the one who held all the power. Her voice held no emotion, only seriousness. "Kite sent me on this errand. He said you need more shifters. Of better quality. Not like" her eyes glanced over to Rowen before going back to him, "the current ones. Who need training as well instead of following like a dog. So bring that one on a hunt to train later or bring 'em to someone else."

Without even waiting for a response, the grey lady walked away and nearly disappeared into the background.

"Pleasant." Rowen remarked.

*I just realised that I've been spelling Ailsa's name wrong >.>

~~*~~

Eric watched Makenna transform, the grin on his face brightening. She was doing it! She was really doing it! He was almost ecstatic. Kite and Lord Torin would probably be at least pleased that one that he had found himself had managed to master shifting so quickly. Most of the Feral shifters took a while to shift because they didn't want to let go of their animal connections. After all, who wanted to become human? But what human didn't want to become an animal? It was proven that Domestics statistically learned shifting faster than Ferals.

It was quickly realised, however, that there was something wrong with Makenna's shifting. A slight problem that Eric had, in fact, forgotten that Ferals did not wear clothes when they shifted. And so, this girl in front of him was, in fact, very very naked.

"Wow, wow! Wait a second! Don't stand up!" With lightning speed, the lemur ripped off his jacket and wrapped it around Makenna's shoulders. It wouldn't cover everything, but it was definitely better than nothing, especially because Eric didn't want to be rude. It also helped that he was taller than her, so the jacket protected more than enough.

Only once she was covered, Eric took a step back and looked at her human form. She really was quite pretty, with grey-black hair with a purple tint and deep brown eyes. She had a mischievous look about her, which was fitting considering her animal. "You're human! And might I say, if it doesn't make you uncomfortable because I mean this is the best sense, that you are a very beautiful human."

~~*~~

Note to self, be sure to have shifters put cleaning fluid into spare rooms. Kite thought as he saw Storm growing increasingly suspicious. Sooner or later, the bluff would be up, and Kite definitely didn't want that. At least not until the collar that those twin snakes were constructing were complete.

At the thought of them, Kite's eyes darkened slightly. He didn't like them very much. It was just as well that they stayed to themselves and rarely communicated with others. Even Kite himself hardly saw them and he was the second in command. Instead, he usually heard of their antics by one of their assistants. And even then, the assistant that came wasn't exactly dependable considering it tended to change quite frequently.

The assistant that had come to him last night on his way home was a rather peculiar assistant, being a young boy with large white ears sprouting up from grey hair and a small twitchy nose with black eyes. Kite had never seen that one before. But he did his job well enough and told the bloodhound about the collar the twins were constructing. Once the collar was finished, it wouldnt matter if Storm knew about the truth in the city. She had the strength to be useful, so she would just be subjected to the collar.

But, in order to keep up her cooperation a little longer, Kite kept up the charade. "I can assure you that it usually isnt dangerous. However, you can always expect some accidents to occur, especially when some practice with weapons. There must have been an accident last night." He sniffed the air. "I'm guessing maybe a fox. Kinda smells like it."

~~*~~

The bear shifter came out of the cage slowly, more from the support of the assistants than from his own movements. Midnight watched with impatience, although he didn't let it show on his face other than a slight scowl, which was his usual expression in this lab when it came to assistants. Never fast enough, never big enough, never skilled enough. It was like a string of bad luck when it came to them.

Once the shifter was in front of them, his head lolled forwards until Leon had yanked it up and slipped the collar around his neck. There was a rather gruesome squelching sound as the needles punctured the shifters skin and entered his neck, but Midnight disregarded them and turned his attention to the remote. It was simple enough, and color coded as well. Green to shift into an animal, blue for a human, and red for the venom, although it would be automatically injected if the subject messed with the collar.

He turned to the bear shifter and studied him. The shifter's eyes were drooping slightly from the sedative. Glancing down at the remote again, Midnight pressed the green button and waited to see if the serum would take effect.

~~*~~

The attack Horus had been bracing for didn't come. The man only remained in his kneeling position a few feet away. Even from his position, he could easily lash out and injure the boy. What was stopping him? Horus certainly wasn't. Was he actually telling the truth?

"She m-my s-sister." Horus corrected. While originally meant as some kind of defiance, it definitely didn't have that effect. And even still, it wasn't as though it was entirely true. He had only been with Alex...His eyes flashed. No, no! I don't wanna see that! I don't wanna! His voice howled in his head.

The thought only lasted a second before he erased it, the entire moment only becoming a flicker of terror in his eyes that the man would assume was towards him.

Torin began walking over to the table, offering to Horus that he could come if he wanted to. Horus didn't move at first, partly from hesitation, partly from shaking off the last of the memory. Should he trust this man not to do anything? Everything in this room could be a trap. The chair could be a trick to restrain him, the food to poison him. But it didn't seem like Torin was trying to trick him. Could it have really been a misunderstanding?

Inch by inch Horus began to push himself up to support himself on his legs without the wall and stalked over to one of the chairs, approaching it like a skittish animal. It wasn't too far off of an analogy. He made sure to keep the man a few feet away from him, or at least out of reaching distance before hesitantly settling into a chair with his knees drawn up to his chest. At the very least this position would make it easier to shift and try and get away now that he wasnt cornered against the wall but instead in the middle of the room.

"W-we're not...I-I'm not a t-threat." He sniffed, his incredibly light eyes looking up at Torin through the bangs of his dark hair. "I-I just w-want to go b-back t-to Alex..."
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Tue May 12, 2015 4:13 pm

Vulco stepped out onto the sidewalk, drawing in a deep breath as he looked around and tried to decide where to go next. Maybe he could find Torin and then Rowen could just be herself and then Torin could just shift and take care of Vulco's problem for him.

He shook his head slightly, clearing his head of the thought. Not that it wasn't a good one, but he had better things to do than get someone slaughtered. Just as Rowen caught up, she had been moving extremely slow for some reason, Vulco noticed a certain short and emotionless person standing before him.

He crossed his arms as he looked down at her, wondering what it was that she wanted. He doubted she had anything pleasant to say. As she spoke, he nodded slowly and pretended to listen, though he really didn't want to hear another person criticize his work.

As soon as she turned around, Vulco made a face at her as she walked away. Then he glanced over to Rowen when she spoke. "You should see her when she's angry. Or even slightly irritated. Just a natural ray of sunshine."

He then began to walk down the street, looking back at Rowen. "Come on, I've gotta check and see who else came back, then I guess you can have some food or something."

After a while of walking, they once again found themselves outside of the building that Vulco had originally brought Rowen too. The one that he had originally planned on leaving Rowen at, but couldn't because it was full.

They walked into the building, which had quite a few people wondering the lobby, and up to the same woman that had been working there the night before. "Don't they ever give you a break?" The woman simply shrugged, giving Vulco no verbal response. "Aaanyway. If you could, I need the records of all the hunters that returned, what they brought, and all that. You know, the usual."

The woman nodded and handed him an already prepared file, "I updated it an hour ago, when the latest one returned."

"Ah, thank you." Vulco took the file, a little disappointed at how thin it was, though it did have quite a few papers in it. "Well, I'll be back soon. See ya!"

Vulco was about to leave when he looked over at Rowen and suddenly stopped, "Oh! Did any rooms open up?" The woman shook her head and Vulco looked disappointed yet again. "Thanks anyway..."

He then turned to leave, "Alright, come on Rowen. I guess I can try to find Eric to see if he wants to deal with you. You liked him, right?"

^*^

Makenna was proud of herself for being able to shift. And amazed that she actually had the ability to. She was about to get up to when Eric suddenly told her to stay where she was and then threw his jacket around her.

At first she wondered what was wrong, but then she realized that she didn't look exactly like most humans she had seen. Apparently, that was something important to them, but she wasn't exactly sure how. She kept the jacket wrapped around her, though, and didn't question him.

Once she had the jacket, she looked over herself and ran her fingers through her hair. Strange. Slowly, she stood up, wobbling a little, but managing, somehow, to keep her balance.

When Eric said she was beautiful, she couldn't help but blush, though she didn't really know blushing was even a thing that she could do. She looked at herself again, keeping the jacket around her and then looked at Eric. "So, what do we do now?"

^*^

Storm watched Kite for a moment, seeming to study him for anything suspicious. She couldn't help but question everything he had told her up to this point. Things weren't adding up and she didn't like it.

Storm sniffed the air a little at what he said. It did smell like a fox, but that didn't mean what he was saying was true. What if worse things were really going on? She looked into the arena again and then took a step back, starting to walk toward the door.

"So, how about we go back out into the forest? I'm sure it's safe enough for me to leave now, right? Besides, there's different places I can go and I'm pretty sneaky when I want to be. Plus I've been on my own for a while, I'm sure I can handle it."

She turned so she was walking backwards toward the door, but still moving away from the arena. "I appreciate you letting me stay here, but I don't want to overstay my welcome. Not like you're going to keep me here, right?"

Storm's tone was a little more accusatory than she meant for it to be at the end, but she quickly changed it. "I mean, I do have someone that I was trying to find..."

^*^

Leon couldn't help but flinch a bit at the sound of the needles piercing the shifter's skin. He quickly recomposed himself, though, and continued watching as his brother operated the remote.

He watched as Midnight pressed the button that was supposed to make the human change to a bear. At first, nothing happened. There was no physical reaction from the human, not even anything to suggest that the serum had been injected into him.

Leon was just about to find whichever assistant had made this machine, when the subject suddenly took in a sharp breath and let out a slight groan before falling to the ground and slowly beginning to shift.

Withing 30 seconds, the subject had completely changed from a human to a bear, the collar staying secure around his neck and not showing any signs of breaking. Leon nodded slightly. "The reaction time could use some work..."

He then walked over to the bear and grabbed on to the collar, giving it a slight tug. A slight clicking sound could be heard from the collar and Leon quickly took a step back as the bear roared in pain. "At least they got that part right."

^*^

Torin leaned back in his chair, trying to seem as nonthreatening as possible. He watched Horus for a moment before replying to him. "Don't worry, You'll go back to her soon. After I'm sure you understand."

"I believe you when you say that you aren't a threat and I truly am sorry for the trouble that I have caused you, but can you blame us? We really did think you guys were a threat to us. It was all a simple misunderstanding."

Torin thought for a moment as he looked at the food on the table before him. "How about this. Instead of me trying to explain everything to you, you can just ask me anything you'd like. I'll answer honestly and that way, you can find out everything you want to know. Maybe then you can start to trust me. Sound good?"
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingWolf on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:32 pm

Rowen couldn’t help but snort at Vulco’s words as they followed him. “I can’t even imagine her angry. Does she just get a bigger scowl on her face? Of maybe she grows shorter. She’s a shifter right? So exactly what kinda hell animal is she? I’m guessing something grey ‘cause it matches her personality.”

As the two entered the building, Rowen was silent as they walked around the room. Even though they had been in the same room the night before, they hadn’t really looked around it.

There wasn’t anything specifically special of it. A couple chairs. A glass table in between the chairs. A few magazines on the table. What really made the room though was the plain white picture frame on the plain white wall with a painting of light yellow and blue, almost white flowers on a plain white background. Invigorating.

Rowen just about thought they were going to learn how to sleep standing up looking at the decor when Vulco spoke to them and they just followed. Anything to get out of that boring room. They had lived on the streets, but by god even grey cement walls were better than white.

“Eh, whatever. He was fine. Where is everyone anyway, this is like a ghost town.”

~~*~~

It must have been confusing for Makenna to know what was going on. Eric could understand that. His own time when he had first shifted was like being bombarded by so many different things. Not even including that was the first time he had ever experienced not being able to see as well in the dark. He still didn’t know how normal humans functioned like that. They just went to bed when it got dark. Well, mostly.

Eric’s face broke into a large grin at Makenna’s question. “Shopping! We can’t have you go around in your human form naked! We need to get you some clothing. I know a few good places that you might like. Well, you might not, but no harm in trying! Then we can see about getting you a room somewhere, if you don’t want to stay in here another night. If you do then that’s fine.”

He held out his hand to her with a smile. “Come on, I’ll take you out. You can see the encampment. It’s not as bad as it looks out there, I promise.”

~~*~~

Storm was starting to get suspicious. If he let her go, Lord Torin would be furious. He couldn’t do that. Instead, he gave her a smile as he weighed his options.

He could reveal to her now that he was in fact going to keep her here, whether she agreed with it or not, or he could attempt to keep up the ruse just a little longer. Until he could secure her in a better area. If he revealed himself now, it would end up in a fight. He would win - Lord Torin would be disappointed if his second in command didn’t win - but there was the possibility for injuries. And he couldn’t be injured if he was going to keep serving Lord Torin to the best of his ability.

The twins might be able to help. They had been working on something to keep shifters better under Lord Torin’s control. And even if it hadn’t been completed yet, they had better holding facilities for stubborn shifters, at least without being completely conspicuous. If he took her to the cells, that would just set alarm bells off in her head.

Mind decided, Kite answered, “Yes, of course. There’s a good chance it might be safe now. I do, however still worry. Might I distract you for just a while longer until you head off? I want to at least provide you with supplies that might ease my worries a bit.”

~~*~~

Once the results of the test were quickly jotted down in a notebook, Midnight looked up to study the bear shifter while listening to his brother. “Yes, I agree that the reaction time could use work. Perhaps if we increased the dosage of the compound…. It could work.

“It would travels through the bloodstream faster and as a result can result in a quicker change. We’ll have to expand the size of the venom container though. Perhaps enough for five doses, for particularly bad subjects… Hmm, and possibly create a way to exchange it quickly for another vial instead of having to just refill that one.”

Midnight was rambling to himself. He knew that. But his brother could also hear, and he needed his feedback too. “For now I think we can put this shifter back. He’s going to be down from the venom for a while.”

~~*~~

Horus sniffed as he listened to Torin, shrinking back a little. He was right, they had been strangers… There had been no way to tell if they had been violent. It had just been a misunderstanding. This guy wasn’t so bad. At least, he didn’t seem like it. Maybe Alex would understand too, if Torin explained it to her the same way.

He was even giving Horus an opportunity to ask him the questions, trying to make him feel comfortable. He was getting more so… but even still, this place was unsettling, as much as he tried to shake it off. Maybe it was just his nerves. “U-um… wh-where…. Wh-where is th-this place? Why… why i-is it h-here? Is- is it j-just f-for shifters?”

OOC - I haven't done forum roleplay in so long...... sorry if this is downright horrible lmaooo
HowlingWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfStorm on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:04 am

Vulco stepped out onto the street and looked around, considering Rowen's question for a moment. "I guess they might be in the center of town..." There were a few people walking through the streets, but not many to make the town look well populated, which it actually was. In fact, it was starting to get a little over-crowded, which was why Rowen didn't currently have a place to stay.

He began to consider the reasons. It definitely wasn't too early for people to be out. A lot of the animals here were early risers and a lot of the nocturnal creatures would be just starting to go back to their homes. This should be a busy time. They hadn't needed any extra workers at the farm, at least not that he knew of. They definitely didn't send any people out for hunting, not without his orders. Plus, everyone that was capable, trained, and trusted were already sent out or recently returned. That couldn't account for the lack of people on the streets.

The only other reason he could think of was that they were all in the town center, looking at some news that had been recently posted. There were no phones or electronics, so any news or announcements were posted there. Usually just who would be fighting in the next arena match, but there had just been one the day before. They were normally once a week. Unless Torin had a point to make or someone to make an example of. Hadn't Vulco just received a message saying that he and his hunters needed to do start doing better?

He drew in a deep breath and glanced at Rowen, giving her a half smile as he said, "Well, I guess we should go check out what the news is today." He was surprised at how calm his voice sounded despite the fact he could feel a sense of dread beginning to rise. He put his hands in his pockets and began walking along the sidewalk toward the center of town. "Hopefully we'll see Eric around. Then I can just leave you with him. He's better at helping people learn how to shift anyway."

It took somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes for them to walk there. It may have taken longer if there had been more people out or if Vulco hadn't been walking as fast as he was, though he didn't realize it. When they reached the center, they had found the 'missing' citizens. They were all beginning to crowd around what looked like a bulletin board in the center of a large stone square. Along the outside of this square, there were various shops set up. It almost looked like something from a different era considering the fact that there were no cars or billboards or really anything that made a city look modern.

The people in the square were crowding around and muttering loudly to each other, some seeming excited and some seeming anxious. Vulco tapped a girl, who was on the outside of the crowd trying to shove her way in, on the shoulder and said, "Hey, what'd they put up?"

The girl didn't even turn around to answer him, though it seemed they knew each other. "New names. Haven't gotten to see them yet, but people seem pretty excited. And confused."

He sighed and turned back around, walking toward the edge of the square and gesturing for Rowen to follow. "Might as well find a bench to sit down somewhere, it'll take a little while for the crowd to clear out." He found an empty bench, which wasn't hard considering everyone was currently fighting to see the names, and sat down, putting his hands behind his head and stretching his legs out. His grey eyes scanned the edges of the crowd, looking to see if Eric was around yet. He just couldn't shake the bad feeling he had.

^*^

Makenna hesitantly took his hand, letting him lead her. She wasn't exactly sure what they were going to do. She had been smart enough to figure out that by clothes, he had meant the material that other humans covered themselves with. She wasn't entirely sure why she needed them, but she did feel a little embarrassed to not have any when everyone else did. She didn't want to stand out any more than she thought she was already going to. She also wasn't entirely sure what he meant by shopping, but she guessed he just meant they were going to get clothing.

As they left the area that she had been kept in overnight, she began looking around, actually paying attention this time. "So... Am I supposed to just be a human now? Was that the point of this, to just make me human?" She couldn't imagine not being a raccoon anymore and she definitely couldn't see herself being a human for much longer. Luckily, it didn't actually take that much concentration to stay a human, though she found that when she thought about being a raccoon, she got a strange sensation, almost like a tug pulling her toward that form once again.

Ignoring this, she continued to walk next to Eric, hoping that she hadn't missed his answer to her question while she had been thinking about other things. Obviously she was going to have to get used to actually having conversations as well.

^*^

Storm was still suspicious. She wasn't buying his story, but she knew that she couldn't just leave. If they were wanting to keep her there for whatever reason, she assumed that it wouldn't be as easy as just walking out the front gates. Especially with the guards that she had seen there when they entered. She doubted that they were only there at night.

So, she decided to go along with whatever Kite told her. For now, at least. She didn't think that she could beat him in a fight, he looked pretty strong. Plus, as long as he wasn't being hostile toward her, then she wouldn't want to create any reason for him to start being hostile.

As she thought all of this, she shook her head slightly. What was she thinking? Sure, they were acting strange, but did she really think that they were going to use violence to keep her here? Suppressing a sigh, she simply nodded in response to what Kite had said. "Alright. I'll go with you to get supplies, but then I really have to leave. I need to find some people..." The truth was, she really didn't need supplies. She had been surviving for long enough on her own without supplies, but she didn't want to seem rude. Or give them any reason to try and keep her here against her will, if that was really what they were trying to do.

^*^

Leon listened intently to what his brother was saying while he himself was thinking of his own problems and solutions that he wanted to have fixed. He nodded to some of their assistants, who quickly came forward and dragged away the test subject, returning him to his original cage.

Once Midnight was finished speaking, Leon nodded in agreement. "I think giving a larger dosage in each injection would help solve the problem of reaction time. If it doesn't in our next test, then we can look into tampering with the formula, though it took us too long to get it to the point it is currently at.

"I would also like to adjust the formula for the venom." He walked toward the cage that held the bear. "I think any subjects that try to pull off the collar should experience a higher level of pain without the affect of becoming unconscious, unless, of course, they were stubborn in their ways and refused to stop attempting to escape from it. Perhaps adding more vials would help. I'll need to make changes, but I think the entire amount of venom we put into the collar should be the amount that it takes to cause the subjects to pass out. Anything less should simply cause them pain."

He walked away from the wall of cages that they kept and back toward his brother. "The collar seems to hold up well enough during the change. Our assistant that made that seems to be doing an adequate job. Is there anything else we haven't taken into consideration, brother?"

^*^

Torin kept a pleasant smile on his face, though it didn't look forced out out of place. Oddly enough, the smile actually seemed to belong there, which would have been a shock for anyone who didn't actually know Torin. He hadn't gotten this far in life through violence and fear alone. He prided himself on his ability to appear and act however he needed to.

When the boy was done asking his questions, though it seemed he was barely able to do that through all the stuttering, Torin leaned forward in his chair again, putting his hands together and setting them on the table. "I can't really tell you where it is because this is a secret place. You're sister may know where you are, though. And yes, it is just for shifters. You see, this is a safe place for shifters to just be themselves without worrying about exposing themselves or others like them to the humans."

He paused momentarily, letting out a sad sigh and looking down at his hands as he shook his head. His face changed from pleasant to sad as he sighed. "You see, in the past, humans have taken our kind and done horrible experiments on them. This is why we have to hide what we truly our. We are forced to hide from them and fear them. So, this place was built as a sanctuary to those that didn't want to hide in fear anymore.

"Tell me, have you and Alex felt completely safe around humans? Have you had to hide what you truly are? Well here, you don't have to do that. You two would be safe and among friends. I am sorry if I scared you before."

He gestured to the empty chair at the opposite end of the table, a rather safe distance from Torin. Though, in truth, Torin could have killed the child at any point during their conversation. "Please, take a seat. I only want you to be comfortable and I promise you will be returned to Alex soon enough. Feel free to eat as much as you would like, some has already been sent down to your sister. Do you have any other questions for me?"

OOC- Oh, it has been so long. I feel like I don't know my characters anymore. It might take some time to clear the rust from this roleplay, but we'll get there. Also, I forgot if Horus ever said if Alex and him were sibling or friends. Or if he didn't say that at all.
WolfStorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top